British Speedway Forum

Wolves V Birmingham Play Off Semi 1st Leg - 23rd September

Rational thought has a tendency to go out the window once the red mist descends, fact is Lindgren triggered the events which appear to have unfolded, that is fact.

Red mist, from your armchair, behave yourself.

You're right though, Freddie started it all, then got put on his arse in uncerimonious fashion, would love to know what happened in the pits afterwards, Freddie didn't look in too much of a hurry to get there initially, maybe it was others who tussled.

Either way it was all set up nicley before ht15 and the afters, that little spat just took it up a notch, roll on next Monday, hope the weather is as kind as tonight and we get 2 decent meetings again.

So that's ok then.

Did the possible repercussions cross Freddies mind when he did it ?, I think not...

I never claimed it was OK, but you can't go around doing things like that and expect no comeback.

Red mist, from your armchair, behave yourself.

Red Mist for the teams, not me ;)

Did the possible repercussions cross Freddies mind when he did it ?, I think not...

I never claimed it was OK, but you can't go around doing things like that and expect no comeback.

Red Mist for the teams, not me ;)

Ah right, it's just that your post about red mist was in answer to Leicester Lion's post questioning your wish for 'someone to take his block off', in other words you seemed to be claiming that red mist was the reason for your stupid post advocating violence in the 2nd leg.

Just shows how wrong you can be ;)

Ah right, it's just that your post about red mist was in answer to Leicester Lion's post questioning your wish for 'someone to take his block off', in other words you seemed to be claiming that red mist was the reason for your stupid post advocating violence in the 2nd leg.

Just shows how wrong you can be ;)

Well if someone in the Wolves pits fancies a ruck for an incident a member of their side initially caused, I hardly think the Brummies are just going to stand there and take it!.

Unfortunate for Iversen in 15, but ultimately a racing incident,

Certainly NOT a "racing incident" (seemingly all too easy to hide behind that excuse these days) .............. it was a dangerous move and Harris should be held to account (big fine or a ban) ! Similarly Doyle should also be held to account for responding the way in which he did to what was "just a racing incident"!! After tonight's display I really do hope Swindon will get through and hammer Birmingham in the final.
  • Like 2

Well such a shame that Heat 15 soured a little what was a great night of speedway. Firstly I send my best wishes to Niels, looked a really terrible crash, Harris went in way too hard and was rightly excluded but in no way Intentional from Bomber and you could see his concern right way by running over to him. Secondly I thought the actions of Freddie Lindgren towards the end of Heat 15 were uncalled for, he could have Jason off with such a dangerous move. Okay Doyley probably shouldnt have reacted but you can understand his anger aft Freddie doing something like that.

Delighted we came away with a win, we need to back that up next Monday with another good performance. One of the best performances from Bomber this year, didnt always gate but had alot speed to win races. Doyle has performed well in each match Ive seen him at Monmore this year and another top notch showing tonight. Impressed with Barker, its not his track, so a decent effort from him. King, Smoli and Covatti struggled a bit. Must give a massive thanks to Andrew Tully for his performance, gave everything for the Brummies.

It was so good to see a huge crowd like that at Monnmore, I got there about 6.40pm and all the roads were packed, had to park right down the bottom of Hickman Avenue. Walked up to the turnstiles and the queue was only through to the overspill carpark :o . Its great for the sport to see crowds like that, so many Brummies fans and a great atmosphere.

So a brilliant win for the Brummies but we need to follow that up next week, Wolves came to the Barr early in the year and lost only by 2pts so we have be on guard. Roll on next week!! :t:

• Like 1

Certainly NOT a "racing incident" (seemingly all too easy to hide behind that excuse these days) .............. it was a dangerous move and Harris should be held to account (big fine or a ban) ! Similarly Doyle should also be held to account for responding the way in which he did to what was "just a racing incident"!! After tonight's display I really do hope Swindon will get through and hammer Birmingham in the final.

How the hell is trying to pass up the inside and making a hash of it comparable to shutting off and turning left on a straight ?, I suspect a lot of the accusations being thrown around tonight are fuelled by Wolves inability to get anything to take into the second leg, scapegoat me thinks.

• Like 1

I never claimed it was OK...

In a way you did by saying you hope someone knocks his block off (your words). Hoping for something that's not ok seems wrong somehow.

It's a matter of opinion what Freddie was thinking. To me his line did look tight as he came into the home straight compared to the racing line if it wasn't the last lap, but at Monmore it's not all that unusual to see a rider take that line to deter a possible pass on the run-in.

What a stupid post, to say Harris meant to hurt Iversen is absolutley ridiculous . If that was the case then why did Harris run over to check on him straight away if he meant it. Bomber is not a dirty a rider at all.

Doyle is a disgrace. Utter disgrace. No other words for it. He should be banned from the 2nd leg.

Oh dear, there'll be some angry white Transits collecting scrap metal in the Black Country tomorrow. Keep clear everyone.

• Like 5

Doyle is a disgrace. Utter disgrace. No other words for it. He should be banned from the 2nd leg.

Not at all, it was a bit of retribution after Fred did what he did, everyone saw it and nobody was hurt, perfect. Spiced up nicley for the 2nd leg, why would you want to spoil it by banning riders. surely you're not thinking about the points he might score against you?

It's still up for grabs, Wolves are capable of turning things around, keep your chin up :t:

Why ? what Freddie done was just as bad if not worse .

Wrong.

What Freddie did was choose his line in a race that he was well in front off. Doyle can see what he is doing and change lines accordingly after if he wishes.

What Doyle did was assault.

Not at all, it was a bit of retribution after Fred did what he did, everyone saw it and nobody was hurt, perfect. Spiced up nicley for the 2nd leg, why would you want to spoil it by banning riders. surely you're not thinking about the points he might score against you?

It's still up for grabs, Wolves are capable of turning things around, keep your chin up :t:

Not interested in the points, Wolves haven't a prayer of winning the meeting in the 2nd leg, especially with their utterly inept team manager, :)

• Like 1