British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2014

hopefully they wii be done this week in prep for a big finish - after all there are 6 play off group matches hopefully 3 KOC matches and potentially 2 play off final matches.

Thats a lot to 'just see out' the season if not done!

Is he guesting for someone?

Most teams only have 4.

Is he guesting for someone?

Most teams only have 4.

fat finger syndrone!

Maybe a lack of sponsorship means that riders are unable to keep in top of servicing. It happens ....

im sure it does - unfotunately. You would have a much better idea of the realities than me.

Hold on just a moment. The Rebels have, bar the injury to Brady who hasn't been replaced.

aye - the Rebels merry go round was pre season with Brady getting on for 'childs fare' so to speak! wink

aye - the Rebels merry go round was pre season with Brady getting on for 'childs fare' so to speak! wink

Don't forget the Proctor fiasco too. Of course, as you say, it was all "pre season".

"Envy is the art of counting the other fellow's blessings instead of your own." ;)

Just a shame Brady isn't fit for the start of the playoffs. Could all be over by the time he is ready for a return especially after the result last night and Birks returning for our meeting at Scunny tonight.

Not just yet Baldy!

We can still at least match that IMO.

Do you honestly think so? I shall be going to watch it in hope, but I really don't see us getting as close as Somerset, we just don't have enough fence scrapers in our team IMO

Not just yet Baldy!

We can still at least match that IMO.

Do you honestly think so? I shall be going to watch it in hope, but I really don't see us getting as close as Somerset, we just don't have enough fence scrapers in our team IMO

I really do think we CAN.

Most will predict Scunny to turn us over by more and probably rightly so but this is where we need to up our game and the boys are capable of doing that IMO.

We'll need a lot more from the likes of Heeps and Tungate than we got last night at Plymouth if we are to do it that's for sure.

Maybe it wasn't as easy to be motivated last night as the tie was pretty much a dead rubber, but we know Tungate has previous where effort and motivation are concerned!

Heeps I'm finding really frustrating this year. The talent is there we've all seen it, and we saw it again on Thursday with some awesome racing from him.

But just like he has so often this season, when you think he's finally back on song he quickly follows it up with a crap performance!

Frustrating.

I really do think we CAN.

Most will predict Scunny to turn us over by more and probably rightly so but this is where we need to up our game and the boys are capable of doing that IMO.

Got to agree with Bruv, I really think our Boys call put it off.

Sadly can't be there as I'll be watching a meeting in Meissen, come on lads, believe!!

• 1 month later...

I will take a slighty different tack and suggest the best and worst averages each may end with.

Richie Worrall - more than capable of kicking on to 9.50. Could suffer a bit of fatigue with increased international commitments causing a dip but even worst case no less than 8.25.

Rohan Tungate - Could challenge for the No1 spot at 9. Falls into the promising but stagnates category a t 7.

Morten Risager - Takes his chance and reaches 7.5. Misses out the purple patches and ends at 6.

Cameron Heeps - Continues to flourish and gets to 8. Consolidates at 6.5

Gino Manzares - First season revelation and comes in at 6. Struggles paticularly away and hits 4.5.

Adam Ellis - the 2014 Heeps at 6.5. 2nd season syndrome and 4.25

Ritchie Hawkins - Back to his best 5.5. Bruv forgets his fuel taps a few times and stays at 4.

So in general great potential to improve and falls less likely.

Interesting to see how right or wrong you can be!

Morten Rohan Gino and Ritchie all performed at the top end of my thoughts.

Adam pretty neutral.

Richie and Cam a point under even my worst fears!

Which just shows how strange speedway is as Worrall Heeps and Ellis would be the first names on the teamsheet for me in 2015 along with Gino.