British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2014

Well Baldy , I certainly don't think we can afford to drop points at home .

Scanning the league table I think the table topping team is already decided then i think its any 5 from the following to make the playoffs , only my opinion of course .

Scunthorpe , Somerset , Berwick , Peterborough , Workington and of course ourselves .

We also don't have too many opportunities to take points off those rivals , one or two yes but not many .

2nd place at the moment but not for long I'm afraid . I think we could struggle to get 6th !

So from that the home and away 'joker' neetings against PBoro could be the most crucial.

Edit -away to come at Somerset Rye PBoro and Sheffield. What points can we expect from these do you think?

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Hopefully might get something from Rye and Sheffield but nowt from Somerset and I doubt anything from Peterborough .

I believe we also have a league trip to Plymouth that's yet to be rearranged , a place we've had a liking for in the past so you never know .

Edited by Super Blue

Heres the rules:

18.10 FACILITIES

a ) Absent #1: G or RR

b ) 1 Absent Rider (2 – 5): RR

c ) More than 1 Absent Rider (1 - 5) 1 x RR facility and G for all others

So if Richie and Gino are missing its a guest and r/r but either way round, if only Gino is missing its r/r.

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Hopefully might get something from Rye and Sheffield but nowt from Somerset and I doubt anything from Peterborough .

I believe we also have a league trip to Plymouth that's yet to be rearranged , a place we've had a liking for in the past so you never know .

yeah forgot about Plymouth.

Think youre right about where the points may come from and will need to pick up most if not all of those to make the play offs.

Any less than 7 from those away meetings and I think we will struggle to make the cut. If we do drop any at home add that to the requirement away.

Looks like we are going to need a guest for Richie on Thursday at home and Friday at Somerset as been confirmed that he will be with the rest of the World Cup squad in Poland. If USA go out on Thursday will Gino make it back for Friday.

Kus is the 3 0 3 0 type. If he is on top form he is fast but can look equally woeful at other times.

He's more the 3 type than the zero at the minute.... We're coming for you Witches next :lol:

If Rosco had looked at the points scored by Brits in Poland this season, Richie is the last rider he'd want out there. 2 rides, no points, thank you and goodnight has been the norm. Thanks for nothing Rosco.

The experience he will gain from being there will benefit him in the long run, sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture..

The experience he will gain from being there will benefit him in the long run, sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture..

As an Ipswich fan I look at the smaller picture. He's had practice out there and hasn't improved, I just cant see what can be gained by watching a meeting and having a few practice laps on Friday, he's losing money, and Ipswich also lose out.

Also being a tad on the selfish side as a Witches fan I'm looking at playoff qualification as my priority.

Going into a meeting against one of the other playoff hopeful teams using a guest at 1 and r/r for another is seriously less than an ideal situation to be in!

I hope we don't end up paying a heavy price for this.

He's more the 3 type than the zero at the minute.... We're coming for you Witches next :lol:

yeah his scores have been excellent - must be due a woeful one soon! Also need something to go our way with these hot and cold riders after all we had to suffer Wolbert getting 20+ against us!

yeah his scores have been excellent - must be due a woeful one soon! Also need something to go our way with these hot and cold riders after all we had to suffer Wolbert getting 20+ against us!

He thankfully missed his probable woeful meeting on Friday.. Rest of the lads made up for him tho :lol:.. I fully believe he is more than capable of yet another good score on Thursday... Kev said yesterday that our team actually have belief in themselves at the minute... Barring Fridays nightmare, he ain't that far wrong :approve: so looking forward to another foxhall visit whatever the score :approve:

Apparently Ritchie isn't that great at Somerset, so a guest may just do better, but like Somerset at our track, we are normally just as poor at their track, so wouldn't fancy us for any point's whoever was riding. Thursday though is a different story, gino will be a big miss. Surely after one good showing last week our reserves will be our trump cards this week, and if not, then I think the saying is, you reap what you sow.

Presumably it will be Masters again at No1.

With R/R all 6 need to be on the pace.

Im confident we will pull it off.

Could have Masters on Thursday but will be at Edinburgh on Friday. Ipswich normally like to book a guest for double bookings, so could be difficult with

Plymouth v Sheffield and Scunthorpe v Berwick riding on friday, Also Scottish Open at Edinburgh. Plus not helped with Worrall's 7.40 ave. Other way they could do it is to use R/R for Worall at 1 and a guest for Manzares. Lewis Blackbird would be a good option and used for both matches.