British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2014

Chris Louis may want success from the current team and the underperforming riders to score more points but getting in a fresh face that scores more would surely make little difference to the bank balance unless there's massive travel costs involved ?

As someone previously said Tres could now be available and would probably surpass out current reserves points hauls , also Nico Covatti no longer has a team in this country , not sure if we could fit him in though ?

So there are options out there and before anyone asks who available plenty of other teams seem to be able to find riders easily enough .

I wait , not holding my breath though in anticipation of some kind of positive move by our promotion !

( It ain't gonna happen is it , too many other non Witches related distractions and no spine to sack those who don't deserve to wear the race jacket )

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 1

It would cost extra money though getting in a rider that scores more points, and I think that's been the issue at Ipswich for many years. I just don't think they have the money or are willing to spend the money to do what's needed to challenge at the top season after season. It's not just Ipswich that are like this though, I would say three quarters of the teams probably don't have enough resources to keep their teams competitive. Until the leagues are properly sponsored and money can be made from winning the league and league finish positions, like a lot of other sports, then I can't see it changing.

• Like 1

It certainly goes against the grain to replace a young Brit with Tress, but would certainly make us stronger. Looking at the "real" table and our fixture list, and assuming the Plymouth K.O. cup semi will be August 14th we could end up finishing our home League season on Sept 4th and waiting for our final opponents for a few weeks.

I've probably made a mistake, but this is the way I see the real table

Edinburgh +16

Somerset +9

Berwick +8

Scunny, Worky, Ippo, + 4

Peteboro +3.

The best of the rest are Redcar and Glasgow at - 5. As we've ridden more than the rest, I reckon our best hope is Scunny drop points, as I cant see us improving much on +4 the way our reserves are currently performing.

It certainly goes against the grain to replace a young Brit with Tress, but would certainly make us stronger. Looking at the "real" table and our fixture list, and assuming the Plymouth K.O. cup semi will be August 14th we could end up finishing our home League season on Sept 4th and waiting for our final opponents for a few weeks.

I've probably made a mistake, but this is the way I see the real table

Edinburgh +16

Somerset +9

Berwick +8

Scunny, Worky, Ippo, + 4

Peteboro +3.

The best of the rest are Redcar and Glasgow at - 5. As we've ridden more than the rest, I reckon our best hope is Scunny drop points, as I cant see us improving much on +4 the way our reserves are currently performing.

And there lies our current problems. If anyone had said to me at the start of the season that we would be having issues with Adam and Cam as reserves I would probably have laughed at them! But that is the current situation much as it saddens me to say it.

I can easily see us ending up 'at par' as things are.

Of course we all know that we are capable of going away andpicking up a couple more wins with or without changes.

Still dreaming of 6th place and a purple patch to finish.

Well done to Gino tonight in the World Cup , very ably backing up Greg Hancock to secure America 2nd place behind Team GB ! He certainly did us proud including taking the scalp of Tai in the process .

It does of course now mean we will now probably need to book a guest for Thursdays meeting with Berwick . Personally im not sure using r/r would necessarily cover his absence effectively .

After a quick scan of riders that would fit the bill I think my choice would be Lewis Blackbird as there's doesn't appear to be too many others available that could do the job .

Unless anyone else has any ideas ?

• Like 1

A guest is not an option - as far as I am aware only r/r unless its your No1. So Rohan Richie H Cam and Adam can take a ride.

• Like 1

I thought you were allowed a guest if a rider was missing to attend an official FIM event which obviously this would be . Maybe Ive got it wrong though .

R/R would be OK as you say if the reserves were in last Thursdays form but not if they reproduce that of the week before .

I'm sure all will become clear in the coming days .

I thought that was only the case for a British licence holder - we had a 'proper'guest for Adam rather than a NL rider when he done the U21s.

We may still need a guest though - Worrall was the official reserve which means he mustve signed up for the SWC. It may well be that means he cant ride elsewhere until GB are out.

As we reached the final so long as he is retained as official resrrve the Witches will be looking for a replacement on Thursaday.

If the reserves rode like last week I'm happy with R/R. Berwick aren't usually the greatest team on their travels.

I think the Bandits have the ability to give us a real test particularly if we have guest/rr.

Still expect us to come out on top but dont see it being 20+ like last week.

In reality a good proportion of all 5-7 pointers could be labelled that way.

Consistency is the Holy Grail that every rider/team is searching for!