British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2014

Traditionally the Witches management (and the fans) have been very loyal to the riders that have started the season. Rarely have we chopped and changed and I cant recall a rider that hasn't been given a fair crack at it.

The debate is a fair one IMO and even if there are not changes you would expect them to be considered. You wouldn't expect any official comment from the club unless it happens other than to say they are right behind the team.

With Adam for example you need to weigh up a number of factors and his current scoring is possibly the least important of them. What counts is whether the club feel he turn round to what we all know he is capable of. I certainly think he is capable of 6 and if he was to hit this from now on then there would be no gain in a change anyway.

Of much more relevance is how many meeting he could miss. We do suffer with having to use a NL rookie - fact. Not sure how many more there are??

Then you need to look at replacements - there wont be many that fit and are available. Nedermark, Aarnio and Tabaka fit but are they available and could they hit the ground running and maintain a 6?

It has be stated many times by the club that the league title is the main aim. So if no changes are made it has to be because they truly believe that give us best chance of doing so.

No easy decision but it is getting those tough calls right that makes the difference between challengers and winners.

• Like 3

Whatever happened to win as a team, lose as a team ?

Let's hope no prospective rider reads how the fans back their riders who are going through a tough patch.

I'm sure that'll encourage them to come to foxhall

You say he is going through a tough patch which we all can see. Adam has admitted he doesn't like riding the Lakeside track so why doesn't he take a break from Lakeside and concentrate on the Premier League which might help him out of the tough patch.

You say he is going through a tough patch which we all can see. Adam has admitted he doesn't like riding the Lakeside track so why doesn't he take a break from Lakeside and concentrate on the Premier League which might help him out of the tough patch.

It's my last post on this subject as Adam is my son and I don't want it to get personal but I feel it could apply to any rider. How can cutting a riders track time potentially in half improve his riding if their going through a tough time ?

• Like 1

Whatever happened to win as a team, lose as a team ?

Let's hope no prospective rider reads how the fans back their riders who are going through a tough patch.

I'm sure that'll encourage them to come to foxhall

Think we can all see Adam is currently finding it tough and as Bruv says is easily capable of scoring 6. Can only see Chris Louis changing the side if a rider was to fall in his lap though. Last year Makinen was released because it was the right thing for the rider and team. With Adam (or any other rider) it would be the same thing, but the possibility of missing more meetings must also be a consideration? Will also be annoying for Adam himself as no doubt loses income from it! It's also catch 22 when a rider struggles as like last night they end up with only 3 rides!

Think Adam is only being spoken about as it's a nl rider that replaces him when missing. Does anyone know how many more meetings he will miss?

Also not too sure how meetings Adam would miss. But I suppose it's all about the play offs (if we make them) and by then all the elite league is raced on a Monday, so at least he'd be available when the business end of the season starts.

Well that's exactly the point right there isn't it? We have to make them first.

No point having Ellis available to us when the play offs come around if we aint in them!

If he's going to miss many more meetings and there's a rider out there who is good enough, and would be available to US for the rest of the season, then that is a change we should make IMO.

Depends on the amount of fixtures remaining that he'd miss.

Edited by CardinalSin

It's my last post on this subject as Adam is my son and I don't want it to get personal but I feel it could apply to any rider. How can cutting a riders track time potentially in half improve his riding if their going through a tough time ?

I'm not trying to make it personal. All I was saying is Adam admitted when he was interviewed a few weeks ago that he hates the Lakeside track and would rather ride for Ipswich. Maybe if he is not enjoying riding for Lakeside that is part of the reason he is having a tough time, but you would have more inside information to answer that then any of us fans. It's just an opinion.

Also ref the point about Adam at the start of the season his bikes looked quick , now they don't ! Is this a mechanical thing , is he riding too much , is it a lack of confidence or maybe he's just taken one too many heavy knocks recently ?

All I said in my previous post was to strengthen the side by replacing an underperforming rider and we have more than one of those , I was not being specific .

All I said in my previous post was to strengthen the side by replacing an underperforming rider and we have more than one of those , I was not being specific .

Quite right there's more than one rider that has underperformed, but Ellis is the one that stands out above all others simply because he's missed so many meetings and having to be replaced with a NL guest weakens the side.

Surely even Adam's father understands that view. There's no "Witch"hunt going on here, it just stands to reason.

If these rules stay in place next season, then I personally hope the promotion select their 1-7 very carefully, and choose 7 Witches that will first and foremost be Ipswich riders that we'll see every week.

That's what happens when you take nearly 2 points of your average. I keep thinking he will start to improve, but it just hasn't happened. Still, looking on the plus point, unless he really starts banging the points in now, he has to be a must on his low average for next season.

Still can't quite get my head around how this has happened!

My pre-season prediction had Heeps as Number 1 by the end of this season..

The fact of how the overall team average has gone down by more or less what Cams has done speaks for itself really .

I've been very pleased with Gino , Morten and Ritchie H this season so far and Rohan has improved of late now he can be bothered , however for me the biggest disappointments have been Cam and Adam . I thought they would have really stepped it up but alas they've gone completely the other way ! Richie W also seems to be heading in the wrong direction im afraid .

So the old school report for half ish of the team is ' Must try harder '