British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2014

OK so the July averages are out and sees the team total down to 1.72 points below the limit!

Cam will be at reserve as his average is down to 4.78 whilst Richie H is at 4.88.

Richie W's slide leaves us with a No1 under 7.50 once again (7.40) whilst Morten is now just 0.32 away from taking over at the top.

If there are to be changes its now or never. 1.72 points is a huge portion of the limit to leave unused.

This is not a dig at any individual as I'm actually relatively happy with the 7 we have but if there is a serious intent to win the PL title then now is the time to show it.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

1 Richie Worrall (8.42) 7.4

2 Gino Manzares (5.00) 5.61

3 Morten Risager (6.90) 7.08

4 Ritchie Hawkins (3.96) 4.88

5 Rohan Tungate (7.05) 6.55

6 Cameron Heeps (6.74) 4.78

7 Adam Ellis (4.14) 4.48

Total 40.78

Starting ave in brackets. So if there were to be a change to accomodate the 1.78 what or who do the Witches replace? And is that something the Witches do?

Personally I think Adam Ellis but he looks jaded and possibly his crashes and constant travelling are catching up with him? Would allow for 6.20 to still be under the points limit.

Looking at the others, 3 riders have dropped their starting ave so could have cases against them to be replaced

Cam Heeps allow for 6.50

Rohan Tungate 8.27

Richie Worrall 9.12

Thing is are there any riders available that would fit the bill?

Aarnio or Tabaka are both under 6

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

If anyone said that heeps would drop nearly 2 points of his starting average, I would have said no way, but blimey he nearly has. And just what happens to our number 1's? It's not like it's been a one off, it's been all of them.

As for changes, as said, now would be the best time, but and it's the normal but, it just ain't gonna happen. Which brings me on to a question, do those in charge really and I mean really want to win the league? What's the incentive to win it?

If a change is made it will be from when another team releases a rider to made themselves stronger, Berwick, Rye House, Scunthorpe and Plymouth all have over a point to strengthen. Glasgow and Redcar over 2. That would need a 5.5 to 6 pointer to be made available, but with the likes of Rosen 6.69 and Mellgren 7.47 on the shelf it could happen.....

1 Richie Worrall (8.42) 7.4

2 Gino Manzares (5.00) 5.61

3 Morten Risager (6.90) 7.08

4 Ritchie Hawkins (3.96) 4.88

5 Rohan Tungate (7.05) 6.55

6 Cameron Heeps (6.74) 4.78

7 Adam Ellis (4.14) 4.48

Total 40.78

Starting ave in brackets. So if there were to be a change to accomodate the 1.78 what or who do the Witches replace? And is that something the Witches do?

Personally I think Adam Ellis but he looks jaded and possibly his crashes and constant travelling are catching up with him? Would allow for 6.20 to still be under the points limit.

Looking at the others, 3 riders have dropped their starting ave so could have cases against them to be replaced

Cam Heeps allow for 6.50

Rohan Tungate 8.27

Richie Worrall 9.12

Thing is are there any riders available that would fit the bill?

Aarnio or Tabaka are both under 6

I appreciate that Rohan has dropped his average, but be interesting to focus in on the last month compared with the month before? It appears that he's going in the right direction again, more efforts like last night would surely see him get nearer 8. Richie Worrall has certainly got what it takes, its going to happen soon, and when it does, could be very good. Personally I would stick with these 7 and use the remaining fixtures to get in the top 6 six and regain form then be in better form to see what happens in the play-offs. Over and out!

I was just pointing out who could be dropped not who should be. If and its a big if, we see more of the Tungate we got last night then yes he needs to stay. Same goes for Worrall of his last 3 rides. Heard he may have broken either toes or foot on right leg from heat 1 off. But this 1-7 are so frustrating! Some more so than others.

I was just pointing out who could be dropped not who should be. If and its a big if, we see more of the Tungate we got last night then yes he needs to stay. Same goes for Worrall of his last 3 rides. Heard he may have broken either toes or foot on right leg from heat 1 off. But this 1-7 are so frustrating! Some more so than others.

You're spot on.....its a big if! Your point was well made, just feel we will have the same seven come what may, it is as you say frustrating......very!

With someone like Worrall and his low average, I would like to think that behind the scenes everything is being done to keep him for next season, when surely the only way would be up. Otherwise it would have been a total waste this season with his average going down for someone else to have him as a number 2

I know changes won't be made but if they dropped Adam as he looks as if the big offs are taking it's toll. (Great talent but not really gone forward this year and amount of meetings he misses riding for a track he hates). You could bring in somebody up to 6.20 and have Cam & Ritchie H at reserve. Then we wouldn't have national league guests when he is missing riding for Lakeside. I know it's not his fault it's the crap rules in place.

They should look at rule and if a number 7 has a 4pt average or above then you should be able to get a guest up to that average. Teams always suffer and are weakened by this rule if they have a high average number 7.

I agree with Bash here, a rider up to 6.20 for Ellis is a no brainer when you factor in it'll be said 6.20 rider instead of NL guest for some meetings.

Getting Heeps and Hawkins at reserve would also be very very good.

Problem is getting that rider who is good enough, won't miss many if any meetings with other commitments and finally, who wants to come.

Not easy I suspect.

Edited by CardinalSin

If a change is made it will be from when another team releases a rider to made themselves stronger, Berwick, Rye House, Scunthorpe and Plymouth all have over a point to strengthen. Glasgow and Redcar over 2. That would need a 5.5 to 6 pointer to be made available, but with the likes of Rosen 6.69 and Mellgren 7.47 on the shelf it could happen.....

We were discussing this at Foxhall, and the two you mention were the only ones we could come up with. But I assume as they're Swedes they are usually busy on a Thursday night, so if anyone can find a decent 6 pointer, please let us know as I reckon Chris would consider a swap for Adam.

We were discussing this at Foxhall, and the two you mention were the only ones we could come up with. But I assume as they're Swedes they are usually busy on a Thursday night, so if anyone can find a decent 6 pointer, please let us know as I reckon Chris would consider a swap for Adam.

Rye House could sign Rosen, releasing Tressarieu......

Whatever happened to win as a team, lose as a team ?

Let's hope no prospective rider reads how the fans back their riders who are going through a tough patch.

I'm sure that'll encourage them to come to foxhall

• Like 1

Do we really think the promotion is going to release anybody ???

As others have said now is definitely the time to do it if at all , seldom in recent years have we actually had the points to play with to genuinely strengthen the team .

Come on CL you were man enough to admit you weren't getting the best out of the team and step down as team manager now show your mettle and replace someone who's underperforming !

Lets be honest , it isn't going to happen is it ???

Edited by Super Blue

He'll be Cookie's replacement at Edinburgh next season so needed to get his average down.

If that is the case all the s**t Wolbert has given us so far has been in vain we can tell him to start trying in league matches now :D .

• Like 1