British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2014

At the moment we seem to be quite inconsistent. We are a good side, Manzares, Risager, Tungate are great riders and usually do well, but then you look back at our poor performances against Peterborough on a Good Friday. It's such a shame that we win most of the time, but take a good hammering, every-so-often. The crowd wasn't great the first Bank Holiday meeting after Good Friday which is a shame, because the meeting against Newcastle was exciting and went right down to the wire. Despite this I'm sure Louis can bring some silverware to Foxhall this year. Anyone agree with me?

Not in the least im afraid .

I think we are nothing more than a mid table team who are very likely to get absolutely battered by Edinburgh on Thursday and that will show us up for exactly what we are .

" Average "

But you'll probably get the ultimate accolades for ending Monarchs unbeaten run!

Since we were denied that accolade today , we wont begrudge Ipswich bursting the Edinburgh bubble

Disagree, I'll think we'll win Thursday. We'll see.

I hope you do , i hope you batter them . Then like vultures picking on a corpse , we'll roll up at the dump on Friday to finish the job . It's both our duty for the good of Premier League speedway to end the Smug's domination . It's just a shame Ben Barker doesn't ride for you anymore :wink:

And my hotel is booked for July 17th , looking forward to another visit to Foxhall . I've never seen Glasgow lose there , mind you 2011 was my only other visit :drink: so keep the bars open a wee bit longer than just after heat 15 please

• Like 3

Just nip up Bell Lane to The Bell ... you might like the paraphernalia and memorabilia on the walls in the back bar ...

I'll bring my gang up with me

You can PM me nearer the time to remind me :drink:

Edited by Paulco

BTW: Up the Accies! Edinburgh relegated all at once!

Watched it in the pub today after the speedway got cancelled . How brilliant was that :P

I hope you do , i hope you batter them . Then like vultures picking on a corpse , we'll roll up at the dump on Friday to finish the job . It's both our duty for the good of Premier League speedway to end the Smug's domination . It's just a shame Ben Barker doesn't ride for you anymore :wink:

And my hotel is booked for July 17th , looking forward to another visit to Foxhall . I've never seen Glasgow lose there , mind you 2011 was my only other visit :drink: so keep the bars open a wee bit longer than just after heat 15 please

Edinburgh to beat Ipswich so Newcastle can be the first to beat Edinburgh next week :t:

To the original question about Ipswich winning anything this season, I would have to say not a hope in hell. This doesn't mean that Worrall won't start scoring as a number one, or that Cameron will find last season's form or that rohan can be bothered to give his all when racing. If we are to win anything I can only see it being the fours. For the 2 best racers in the team to be morten and gino, who hasn't seen many of the tracks before, just about says it all

• Like 1

6th place and a 4 week purple patch is all it takes.

Not as easy as it is to just say it but perfectly possible

Anything is possible as we know due to all sorts of factors like injuries to key riders at any time but after my early season optimism im finding it very tough to really have any belief in the current Witches lineup .

We do however know that although some riders are trying Chris Louis patience he won't actually do anything about it .

So , ultimately it looks like a season of mid table mediocrity to me .

Still , onward and upward , hopefully !

Edited by Super Blue

Does anyone know when the cut off for the pl fours is as with these new averages Ipswich won't qualify if it is done on top five averages in each team. Interesting average for Ty Proctor if that is right. Has he really gone down to a three point average!!!

The worst part is that Adam is still number 7 in the averages on 4.84. Which makes the rule that you can only replace him with a national league rider a joke as he is on almost a five point average. This rule needs looking at.

• Like 1

Perhaps the masterplan is to get Cam to reserve for the playoffs at which point he will hit top form

(yes I have been in the sun all day!!)