British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2014

Well on last Night's showing looks a big season for Tungate. Seems to have changed his riding style, more aggressive with arms stretched out rather than upright body position. Bit disappointed with Heeps and Worrall but early days 😊 once Manzares sorts his gating will be fine. Risager and Hawkins both looked up for it.

Finally what about Mr Louis, only fractionally slower than the pro's!

Tungate did indeed look awesome.

Morten also confident and quick.

Worrall was in the mix but seemed to have a few gremlins and slowed as the races progressed.

Hawkins determined as ever.(hope Tay is ok after their tumble as he looked in a bit of pain post meeting)

Manzares was very on the pace which was encouraging - just needs to not give up those precious yards from the start.

Heeps the one real concern if there is a need to highlight any.Didnt look on the pace and it wasnt machine as Louis was using his for the match races and was quick enough. Still early days for his recovery though so confident he will come good.The LC should sort him out. Just as well he hasnt signed for Somerset though! lol

By Cam's own admission, he has done nothing since last season, just 5 weeks on from surgery so he was always going to be "behind" the others who have had track time already. No need to panic I think, a marathon not a sprint,he'll come good, we know just how good he can be.

Was very impressed with Rohan (obviously) but also the testimonial boy himself Morten. Thought he rode really well, confidently and more than enough speed, using different parts of the track!!

So, after moaning about the fact that the season is upon us already, I'm really looking forward to the start proper now and seeing this young team go from strength to strength during the course of the season, right up to the finale in October.

So a safe and successful season to all our young Witches, and their opponents, throughout this 2014 season.

Bring it on.

• Like 1

By Cam's own admission, he has done nothing since last season, just 5 weeks on from surgery so he was always going to be "behind" the others who have had track time already. No need to panic I think, a marathon not a sprint,he'll come good, we know just how good he can be.

Absolutely agree - hence my comnent re needing the LC to get himself sorted. Patience is a virtue as they say.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just looked at next weeks fixtures, and we're going to need a guest for Worrall on Thursday as Belle Vue are also riding, and a guest for Ellis next Friday as he'll be riding for Lakeside. Then Bach and Mills as guests the following week on Good Friday.

This is going to be a pain this year..

Edited by CardinalSin

Rene Bach I believe and Chris Mills for Good Friday. Not sure about next week though.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

You missed the "lol" that lewy added :-)

Ellis was signed with the knowledge he would be missing for a few meetings, so they must have felt there was no better alternative.

I did catch it, that's why i bought him a drink :D ... There was no one better than Ellis on that average for sure.. :t:

Before the season started we all speculated on the make up of the team , so what do we think so far ? ( I know its early days )

Richie W , seems a really good signing . Just a shame he's going to miss some potentially important meetings with Elite league taking preference .

Gino , what a cracking acquisition he seems to be with a superb start to the season .

Morten , an enigma who will do well for us overall I think , brilliant one week awful the next . That's Morten for you though .

Cam , currently remains a real concern for me with his fitness and subsequent lack of confidence , hope he can quickly regain both to get last season's form back .

Ronan , OK so far , should hopefully be a consistent scoring heat leader for us but does have his not so good moments .

Adam , superb start to the year and could well be pushing for a main team place sooner than later , long may it continue .

Ritchie H , good start and I'm sure will be a consistent scorer all season , always on a bargain average .

So , my opinion is , its been a very positive start and you never know , we may be in the mix for some silverware if we can stay injury free !

• Like 1

You are the team to beat IMO solid from 1-7, a big hitter at number 1, consistent scorers throughout and 2 good reserves.... No other team has that IMO.

You may carry one or even two in a meeting and still have enough to win.

As you say though injurys, work load and luck play a massive part.

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 2

Ginos sensational start has made the difference.

Had he scored at the level seen from fellow newcomer Fox elsewhere we couldve been looking a 4 defeats rather than 4 wins.

Personally I wont be too concerned about Cams form unless it runs past the LC group matches.

IMO its mostly confidence - could take just 1 win to get him back on track.

We dont need to be phoning Somerset to borrow the panic button just yet!

• Like 1

Just tried to work out which meetings Worrall and Ellis will be missing and as it stands, Worrall could only potentially be missing one more fixture IF Somerset defeat Workington in the KOC.

We could do with Worky winning that tie as both Worrall and Ellis would be missing for the away tie at Somerset, but both would be available for an away tie at Workington.

We'll also be needing a guest for Ellis on another 5 occasions, May 5th, June 20th, July 10th, August 7th and August 30th.

Think I spoke too soon about things looking positive this season , the Easter weekend has certainly put my previous optimism firmly to bed . Being brought down to earth with a bang springs to mind !

Chris Louis has been quoted as being extremely disappointed with the weekend and will be working hard with the team to put things right ( when he's not away with Sky that is ) !

He may want to start with addressing the god awful track that we currently have a Foxhall , the facilities keep getting better and the track progressively worse . There's no dirt on it and as a member of the paying public I want to see proper racing and plenty of passing . That's just not possible at the moment !

A fair chunk of the team needs to do some hard work and seriously take a look at themselves to renew my faith in them .

I doubt that after Good Fridays performance we will be seeing many of that very good sized crowd returning . Such a shame when a bank holiday showcase meeting is so poor .

Well the Premier league starts on Thursday for us and a good sizable win being essential to restore some of the teams confidence !

Here's hoping .

• Like 2

Don't know when they are going to re dress the track with poor weather forecast for most this week, but it definitely needs sorting out and fast. Most fans can take losing if the racing has been good. Personally I would split cameron and morten up, especially at home where we know gino could possibly fill the number 3 or 4 slot.