British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2014

totally agree those two would make great res in elite lge, I just happened to say, I doubt they will be here..and I say that, because, financial wise, this seemed the best opportunity to move back up in the elite with this structure, and I think simmo thought the same thing..

What makes you think that? The only thing he mentioned in the press regarding the EL is that if Ipswich had moved up, he may have stayed on as manager as it would involve far less travelling.

Chris Louis actually said pre-AGM that he was going there with an open mind when quizzed about which league Ipswich would like to be in.

I think the fact that at the time of the AGM, the future of Sky's financial involvement was at best uncertain with strong rumours that they wouldn't be renewing, made any decision a little easier.

I'm the first to admit I don't like Ipswich being in the PL and I would dearly love to see the club back in the top flight, as long as we were competitive.

But, I also don't think it was the right time to make that jump THIS season when Sky's continued financial input was unknown.

Maybe now that a new 5 year contract has been secured, albeit allegedly on reduced terms, perhaps the promotion will make an application to rejoin the EL again next winter.

Edited by CardinalSin
  • Like 2

Disagree. When I look at the current standard of the lower end of the EL 1-5's, I don't think they're too far away already.

Got to be honest I haven't really paid much attention to the EL team building this winter, but having had a good look yesterday I was shocked at just how poor most teams look and I mean the 1-5's, not including the youngsters at reserve.

You missed the point completely. I never said they are not ready, i said they probably wont stop riding Prem Lge for 2-3 years, in which case they are unlikely to be sold in that time..

• Like 1

You missed the point completely. I never said they are not ready, i said they probably wont stop riding Prem Lge for 2-3 years, in which case they are unlikely to be sold in that time..

yep, my point exactly, if last poster think 5 more yrs in prem, then theres no way those two will still be in prem

I think it's highly unlikely they'll be sold full stop but if EL clubs sign them up next season and they double up in the PL, the EL may wish to buy them to avoid losing them in the event of fixture clashes.

yep, my point exactly, if last poster think 5 more yrs in prem, then theres no way those two will still be in prem

Where did I say 5 more years for Ipswich in the PL?

I think it's highly unlikely they'll be sold full stop but if EL clubs sign them up next season and they double up in the PL, the EL may wish to buy them to avoid losing them in the event of fixture clashes.

Where did I say 5 more years for Ipswich in the PL?

I just re-read your post. sorry, you are correct, you didn't say that..hands up

here we go again.....I was accused by gavan of "knowing nothing bout Ipswich speedway"..i wasn't bosting for 1 minute, I stated id been going 41 yrs, so its really quite easy to assume I know "something" follow me so far? I don't intend doing quizzes, they don't interest me, im not bothered if I get 6 out of 10 or 10 out of 10........

here we go again.....I was accused by gavan of "knowing nothing bout Ipswich speedway"..i wasn't bosting for 1 minute, I stated id been going 41 yrs, so its really quite easy to assume I know "something" follow me so far? I don't intend doing quizzes, they don't interest me, im not bothered if I get 6 out of 10 or 10 out of 10........

41 years of watching speedway entitles you to a valid opinion in my book. Forum's are littered with people who think they know it all, but many actually know jack all ....

41 years of watching speedway entitles you to a valid opinion in my book. Forum's are littered with people who think they know it all, but many actually know jack all ....

Nice new avatar Blu :t:

Everyone entitled to an opinion whether it be after 41 years or 41 days. In fact sometimes the view of someone with a fresh eye can be much more incisive than the 'experienced observer'

But if you have an open mind and a positive attitude you will learn much more than being negative and blinkered don't you think?

• Like 1

A good positive piece. Very ambitious to set his sights to out perform Siggy and Cookie. If he can get half way to that Ill be happy to be there to see it. Cant wait for it all to get started now!

Nice new avatar Blu :t:

Everyone entitled to an opinion whether it be after 41 years or 41 days. In fact sometimes the view of someone with a fresh eye can be much more incisive than the 'experienced observer'

But if you have an open mind and a positive attitude you will learn much more than being negative and blinkered don't you think?

Yes indeed, agree with that... :cheers: