British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2014

Go for it "Bruv" I'll keep an eye on your 2 boys, but in return I want free admission! :t:

Not sure about for free but if you had all the kids on your own after a few weeks youd look old enough to qualify for an OAP concession!!

You wouldn't even let him in for free lol, I think you would do a great job running the club by the sounds of it.

Well I must be in the minority on here as I would have Risager over Lanham and I'm pleased with that particular decision.

I'm sure there are plenty of fellow supporters that would also agree with you, it's just all down to personal preference.

Lots of threads mentioning that the fixtures will be released at 9am tomorrow.

Which fixtures are the ones you most look forward to?

For me this year it will be the return of the battles with the Panthers.

Good Friday is a nightmare friday as with all the young brits riding for elite league teams, guests are going to have to come from what is left of the national league riders. I think there may be a lot of RR riding that day!

Looking at the fixtures we will be missing Richie Worrall twice, Home & Away v Peterborough on Good Friday. This could rise to four if Ipswich have home meetings on 29th May & 14th August as these are stated as Open at the moment.

Whereas with Adam Ellis it's a different story. He will be missing 8 meetings :-

Plymouth Away LC 11th April

Peterborough Home & Away LC 18th April

Newcastle Home PL 5th May

Scunthorpe Away PL 20th June

Plymouth Home PL 10th July

Rye House Home PL 7th August

Sheffield Home PL 30th August

There could be 1 more meeting if Somerset get through to face up in the cup and Adam would miss the away leg on 13th June.

It all depends on how well Adam does this year to see what sort of guests we can get.

• Like 1

Looking at the fixtures we will be missing Richie Worrall twice, Home & Away v Peterborough on Good Friday. This could rise to four if Ipswich have home meetings on 29th May & 14th August as these are stated as Open at the moment.

Whereas with Adam Ellis it's a different story. He will be missing 8 meetings :-

There could be 1 more meeting if Somerset get through to face up in the cup and Adam would miss the away leg on 13th June.

It all depends on how well Adam does this year to see what sort of guests we can get.

Thanks for that info.....interesting. So for the masterplan of the BSPA is to be worth a sh*t and achieve something, missing these meetings is going to help Adam is it?

Edited by Roland
  • Like 1

You may well be right re Adam as this is certainly the case re the 'normal' double up positions.

That said there has been nothing official yet as to whether the same guidelines apply to the draft riders.

So for a third of the meetings we will be riding with a weakened team, And have to pay £16 for that privilege. Hmm think not Thanks. Rather than gaining support looks like it will drive the current ones away!

As for Ellis thought it been announced that Lakeside have priority as he is their asset?

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 1

I think this will start to grate as the season wears on.

We were always told that one of the big plus points of the Premier League as apposed to the EL is more regular settled sides.

Not sure that will now be the case with the changes this season.

Not sure there's much difference in the quantity of the fixtures in both leagues now either?

• Like 1

So for our biggest crowd of the season, there will be 2 makeshift teams on display. How anybody thinks speedway is a professional sport is beyond me. Hopefully I won't get a newbie next to me on their first visit asking why the teams don't have their own riders racing and why a couple are missing.

Shame Adam will be missing so many meetings.

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 3

So for our biggest crowd of the season, there will be 2 makeshift teams on display. How anybody thinks speedway is a professional sport is beyond me. Hopefully I won't get a newbie next to me on their first visit asking why the teams don't have their own riders racing and why a couple are missing.

Shame Adam will be missing so many meetings.

That's the problem when you have more than one league and riders riding in more than one league.

The PL used to be the stable league with settled sides every week. Not any more it seems.

And agree regarding Good Friday. It's already looking like a bit of a farce unfortunately.

Edited by Catch22
  • Like 1