British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2014

I think he/she doesn't like us.......

I think he/she doesn't like us.......

i love everyone on these forums. i go on all the sites and have a bit of banter with EVERYONE.. just seems a shame that the upper class cant handle northern humour. just because i dont talk with a gob full of marbles and say things that people dont want to hear/read., dont make me a bad/poor supporter of the sport.. yes i have ALL my marbles..t.t.f.n.

i love everyone on these forums. i go on all the sites and have a bit of banter with EVERYONE.. just seems a shame that the upper class cant handle northern humour. just because i dont talk with a gob full of marbles and say things that people dont want to hear/read., dont make me a bad/poor supporter of the sport.. yes i have ALL my marbles..t.t.f.n.

No, it's not 'northern humour', it's infantile drivel.

I wasn't aware there were any upper class people on here, I can't imagine Lord and Lady whatever donning their Wulfsport jackets and heading to Loomer Road or wherever. Though if there are any noble types on here and I've spoken out of turn then I doff my cap sir or maam.

Edited by Kester

I wasn't aware there were any upper class people on here, I can't imagine Lord and Lady whatever donning their Wulfsport jackets and heading to Loomer Road or wherever. Though if there are any noble types on here and I've spoken out of turn then I doff my cap sir or maam.

On behalf of Arson Fire and myself, thank you. :approve:

• Like 3

Great news that Peterborough will be in the PL in 2014 :approve: and even better for their supporters are their admission prices.

Adults £15 (£1 cheaper than Ipswich)
Concessions £10 (£3 cheaper than Ipswich)
Children (12-16) £5 (£1 more than Ipswich)
Under-12s Free (£4 cheaper than Ipswich)

If only the Witches promotion would take note :mad:

• Like 1

Don't think Lord & Lady Muck would be that out of place at Gloomy Road.

Great news that Peterborough will be in the PL in 2014 :approve: and even better for their supporters are their admission prices.

For me personally its £15 cheaper at Boro for myself, my son and 2 grandsons. Charging under 12's is a massive short sighted mistake IMO. I have emailed Ipswich to question this policy, but as usual had no response so far.. :neutral:

Edited by blupanther

Good prices, good race track, they may just be on to a winner. If you are a single adult though that drives there it will end up costing you more, as I doubt they will be wavering the 2 pound parking charges.

Car park is only £2 for the fours, normally only a quid. I think it is the showground who charge this anyway, not the Peterborough promotion. Edited by Noodles

For me personally its £15 cheaper at Boro for myself, my son and 2 grandsons. Charging under 12's is a massive short sighted mistake IMO. I have emailed Ipswich to question this policy, but as usual had no response so far.. :neutral:

Me too, i asked how they could justify charging £24 for a 2 kids to get into speedway. (can't go on their own can they ) ;) Also why does it cost less for a child to watch the football at Portman Road than to watch speedway at Foxhall? But yeah no reply either. :neutral:

interested to hear the other day that a Premier League football club had a season ticket scheme that worked out at £2 a game which was refunded to the child each time they attended!

Brilliant idea :approve:

• Like 1

Adults £15 + £1 parking (same as Ipswich then)

When you say the upper class, what do you mean in the context of speedway and especially in the context of Ipswich speedway?

I may talk fairly nicely (it was an esssential for my old career) and without the horrible Suffolk twang but believe me, there is no way I could be called upper class....my family on my mum's side are cockneys! Mind you, I 'get' northern humour, my chief bridesmaid was from near Manchester and we spent our honeymoon there (long story but it involves now ex hubby chickening out of his jabs) and my dad is Scottish. Also, I once had a best friend who was Cumbrian born and bred and we never had a problem with our joint humour.

Marbles? Don't think I had all of them to start with and with age, they are rapidly diminishing! :rofl:

• Like 1

Surprised Ipswich haven't given up there bye in next years KOC to race against Panthers in the first round, would be a good earner for both clubs

One of the bye clubs perhaps should.

The only downside to it being the Witches is possible saturation as presumably Boro will join our LC group too.