British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2014

I'm very happy with the team too, in fact, I wouldn't swap it with any other named so far.

Agree Baldy, Hawkins sub 4 is a bargain at reserve.

Never pulled up trees and been a top heatleader, but always been a solid 5-6 point middle order rider so will be a trump card at reserve as will Ellis.

We normally have a solid looking side with one rider thrown in that looks a bit suspect.

We don't have that suspect rider this year we look very solid all the way through.

Edited by Bloomy

Dont underestimate the kid from Cumbria. he could give mr sneddon a run for his money. oh , i could have been cage fighter too, but i couldnt get into the cage with our parrot. i fear the only time when mr gino has a ago at cookie is when cook is LAPPING mr gino.. get out of your bubbles and get into the real world.. i now await at least 10 pages of abuse from the former lite league bottom club experts..

• Like 2

As with most Witches fans, happy with our seven. Just hope Gino can do the business. From what I saw in the States last Summer, out of the youngsters, Max Ruml was the best, followed by Aaron Fox then Gino, but It's difficult to tell on those tiddly little tracks. Out of the Juniors, Max's little Brother Dillon was certainly a star for the future. Gino's gating let him down in the meetings I watched, but I was watching competitive/Championship meetings, and passing was almost impossible as the riders were fairly well matched.

Roll on the season, and lets hope we can finish one place higher than last year.

Edited by spanner47

Have seen on a few threads about Air Fence challenge matches to open their seasons which got me thinkibg about our fence.

Each year it seems to stretch round less and less - Id guess that it is 3or4 sections shorter than when first installed.

Is this by design or just through lack of replacement? Does anyone know?

• Like 1

Gino's gating let him down in the meetings I watched

His gating also looked poor in the Star of Anglia meeting too.

Something he's definitely going to have to work on.

On the plus side, when he got going he looked quick and got stuck in, making a couple of terrific passes.

If he can hold his 5.00 average next year then that will be a successful first season in the UK IMO.

Edited by CardinalSin

His gating also looked poor in the Star of Anglia meeting too.

Something he's definitely going to have to work on.

On the plus side, when he got going he looked quick and got stuck in, making a couple of terrific passes.

If he can hold his 5.00 average next year then that will be a successful first season in the UK IMO.

I agree, and I think he may well struggle to hold that starting average.

To put it in perspective, Heeps and Ellis in their first PL season's, averaged 4.40 and 4.25 respectively and they are both tipped for very big futures.

It's not going to be easy for Gino riding tracks here he's never seen let alone ridden so I hope the supporters don't have unrealistic expectations and give the lad plenty of time.

He's clearly a talented rider and I'm sure he'll be a great asset to the club long term.

Dont underestimate the kid from Cumbria. he could give mr sneddon a run for his money. oh , i could have been cage fighter too, but i couldnt get into the cage with our parrot. i fear the only time when mr gino has a ago at cookie is when cook is LAPPING mr gino.. get out of your bubbles and get into the real world.. i now await at least 10 pages of abuse from the former lite league bottom club experts..

what a sad pathetic individual you are. Concentrate on your own small little club instead of trolling others. Over the years I've seen some fantastic riders at my club oh sorry you had Stoney! Crawl back under your rock

what a sad pathetic individual you are. Concentrate on your own small little club instead of trolling others. Over the years I've seen some fantastic riders at my club oh sorry you had Stoney! Crawl back under your rock

Irony Gavan. You and Poole, spot the similarity.