British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2014

So has the season ticket price gone up from last season? Purchasing a season ticket saves on the cost of 2 and half meetings. Also just another question, does it cost a lot of money for the club to have its own card machine? As I can't think of anywhere I go these days that doesn't have one

Louis jnr likes to deal in cash ;)

Well it's often mentioned about speedway moving forward with the times, and card machines have been around for years now.

There would be costs to set up the system and each transaction incurs a fee of 3 to 5% of its value payable to the card issuer I believe.

There would be costs to set up the system and each transaction incurs a fee of 3 to 5% of its value payable to the card issuer I believe.

Plus, would you not have to have dedicated line at the turnstile, to accept the transaction at the servers base. Most doggy tracks don't do cards at the door, so it is a no go idea for those shared venues.

Great news, will now cost me 58quid plus a programme to watch 15mins of action for 2 adults and 2 in college. Still no family ticket, and 6yr olds have to pay !!! That's so short sighted imo..

Middle son is not going next year due to the cost, £13 a meeting for him is far too much....the downside to him not going is I will lose my teaboy and bag carrier!

Nothing surprises me at Ipswich anymore.. I sent an e-mail to the club asking how I could help promote the club to my eastern European colleagues consisting mainly of speedway loving Poles. The response was brilliant. Yes, I'm still awaiting it from 7 months ago.

I think gino would be a good signing as he has the right average for a no2 and he seemed to go well around our track but it on home and away not just home but that is what we said about Cam and Rohan and they are both excellent riders!

I actually think the season ticket deal is much improved.

Miss 2 and still be better off is fine but on its own easy to lose out on.

However the discount for the additional meetings is a really positive offer and may well persuade me to go fir the season ticket for the first time in years.

Has it been announced anywhere of a set date for when fixtures are announced? Or is there maybe a set date each year?.

Wondering if I will be in a position to calculate what, if any, meetings I will miss through holidays etc prior to the early bird deadline.....

I calculate that you can afford to miss 3 full price meetings on the assumption that you attend 3 discounted meetings.

Edited by IpswichDave

Has it been announced anywhere of a set date for when fixtures are announced? Or is there maybe a set date each year?.

Wondering if I will be in a position to calculate what, if any, meetings I will miss through holidays etc prior to the early bird deadline.....

I calculate that you can afford to miss 3 full price meetings on the assumption that you attend 3 discounted meetings.

I dont think there is a set date and its often well into the new year before tge list is published.

Trouble is, they shouldn't need telling. It's always been sold as a family sport, and it's not exactly family friendly pricing is it. Maybe the price increase is to pay for some extra lighting which actually faces the speedway track, so we can all see what's going on a bit better. Along with the air fences being installed at all tracks, hopefully better lighting will also be mandatory one day. Back to the Ipswich lighting, maybe they just need a clean, as I don't remember it everything so murky as it was last season

Edited by Baldyman

I dont think there is a set date and its often well into the new year before tge list is published.

With all the potential fixture clashes this coming season (EL/PL/NL), it could be a long drawn out affair. So we might be looking at mid-Feb for fixtures to be released.

You can phone, or even go to Foxhall - who's to say your e-mail ever arrived?

Contact them and tell them - and/or tell Mike Bacon at the Ipswich Star ...

Don't know why I never ever thought of that. I was told by a friend (ex rider) that they wished me to do it via e-mail.

I feel a bit mixed about this one.

No doubt he has ability but if he comes in on a 7 it is quite a risk where there are other safe options available.

If he comes in on a 5 then I think he is likely to improve on that but I dont agree that he should come in that low.