British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2014

I see from the international thread that Gino Manzares won the meeting in Perth beating Rohan and Doyle amongst others.

.If we did go with a new overseas rider he would have to be top of the list.

Going left field here but anyone know what Sam Masters Average would be?

How about

Worrall

Lanham

Tungate

Heeps

Masters

Ellis

Bates

I.ve put Lanham in as you need some experience & he can still be a good second string.

I would love to see Manzares at Foxhall but have a feeling he is EL bound.

I see from the international thread that Gino Manzares won the meeting in Perth beating Rohan and Doyle amongst others.

gino had a few spins out at worky a few years back, looked really good. .

Going left field here but anyone know what Sam Masters Average would be?

How about

Worrall

Lanham

Tungate

Heeps

Masters

Ellis

Bates

I.ve put Lanham in as you need some experience & he can still be a good second string.

I would love to see Manzares at Foxhall but have a feeling he is EL bound.

Masters has been labelled on other threads at 7.43 so unfortunately that top 5 wont fit even with two 3 pointers.

As promising as Manzares looks a 5 point EL would surely be too much of a risk in the new set up.

You get no where not taking risks, ask somerset that changed their reserves just before the playoffs.

I was saying Manzares would be a risk for an EL side. Id say he is well worth a look at PL level.

Manzarez would be 5.00 not 7.00 wouldn't he?

Not sure - possibly due to him having no league experience anywhere.

Personally however I would argue than no non Brit should come in on less than 6 and their average should not fall below the initial figure at anytime. But thats a separate issue.

• Like 1

Looks like he would be classed as a cat 4 rider so would be a 5.00. Sign him up now!

In that case swap Mills from my earlier lineup and bring in either Snedon, Wilkinson or Newman. Manzares would start at reserve.

or

Richard Lawson 8.28
Gino Manarazes 5.00
Cameron Heeps 6.74
Leigh Lanham 7.16
Rohan Tungate 7.05
Ritchie Hawkins 3.96
Adam Ellis 4.25
Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

He was definitely a 5.00 when Plymouth I think it was named him as a signing last winter, only for that move to not materialise for whatever reason.

Manzares was very impressive I thought on his Foxhall debut this year in the Star Of Anglia, and Chris Louis was also very impressed and did hint that he could be a future option when interviewed on the mic.

He would definitely be a signing that would capture the imagination, and goes back to comments earlier in the thread that I feel it's always better to include a new rider or two to freshen things up.

So we have all had a go at team building, but what do people actually think the team will be?

Probably very similar to last years, Louis has hinted as much in the Ipswich Star more than once since the season finished.

I think the only change will be Barker out and a replacement up to the points left after this years 6 have re-signed.

We'll see but I hope I'm wrong and we get a surprise or two.

A fair few have now named at least one rider, very quiet from us so far.

Edited by CardinalSin

Probably very similar to last years, Louis has hinted as much in the Ipswich Star more than once since the season finished.

I think the only change will be Barker out and a replacement up to the points left after this years 6 have re-signed.

We'll see but I hope I'm wrong and we get a surprise or two.

A fair few have now named at least one rider, very quiet from us so far.

The 6 minus Barker are not bad riders don't get me wrong, but if it is just the one change and those 6 return it's hardly going to excite the fans.

Fresh faces needed.

• Like 1