British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2014

Hawkins on a sub 4 average will be very much sought after. Let's hope he stays with us. Worrall would be a great choice, and if he still races for Lynn next season too, then not much travel for him to get to us as Lynn race on a Wednesday. What ever our team is, I just don't want to see morten in it. Other names to consider are boxall and willko

Riders doubling up are going to be right pain this season, with the elite league clubs having 36 meetings, lots of Premier clubs are going to be missing their top riders. Good luck to those that have to try to sort a fixture list with minimal clashes.

But its the PL that have priority still though isn't it?

But its the PL that have priority still though isn't it?

The worry is though that the EL teams will obviously try and arrange their fixtures to include them as much as possible.

The likes of Tungate could be a very busy boy now with the EL extending its fixtures, and he generally runs out of gas around August as it is!

• Like 1

The worry is though that the EL teams will obviously try and arrange their fixtures to include them as much as possible.

The likes of Tungate could be a very busy boy now with the EL extending its fixtures, and he generally runs out of gas around August as it is!

Rohan might struggle to get an Elite team next year, it seems unlikely he will be at Poole again. Cam on the other hand may be on someone's radar, as he is an improver on a decent average...

Rohan might struggle to get an Elite team next year, it seems unlikely he will be at Poole again. Cam on the other hand may be on someone's radar, as he is an improver on a decent average...

Agreed. Cam will be, or should be highly sought after. To do what he did last season whilst carrying a troublesome hand injury for most of it was a terrific achievement.

I'm tipping Heeps to be the Ipswich number 1 by the end of next year, he has the talent to go a long way.

• Like 2

Why wouldn't any of the Ippo supporters take Barker back next year?

I think plenty would, although there is a general acceptance that he won't be back which is why he isn't figuring in many potential line ups.

TBH I was disappointed with Barker this season I was expecting much more.

On Heeps, the thing that impressed me most with him this season was his improvement in his gating. In his first season it was woeful and reminded me of Marcin Rempala's trapping.

But this year he's been generally swift from the gate which has helped his scoring no end. Some turnaround.

Edited by Bloomy

Do you think Barker would ride PL next year? I like Heeps excuse the pun but he's come on leaps and bounds :-)

Barker has been riding PL because he doesn't ride abroad and there wasn't enough EL meetings to keep him happy financially.

Now the fixture list at EL has been extended, maybe that will satisfy him enough to not do the PL as well but who knows.

My money would be on him doing both again, and more than likely back at Plymouth in the PL.

when will people wake up and realise Louis" re-building quote is pathetic?....what has he done to re-build witches? bought just 2 riders...doolan (failure) risager (going nowhere)....them 2 are re-building witches?....got lucky with heeps, tungate, and will no doubt sell them once offered cash!!

not 1 meaningful egg cup won in prem lge, and what is his excuse for not rejoining top flight? hasn't got 1................

if he don't move up when aves are as low as 32 with national lge reseves, he never will.......

Riders doubling up are going to be right pain this season, with the elite league clubs having 36 meetings, lots of Premier clubs are going to be missing their top riders. Good luck to those that have to try to sort a fixture list with minimal clashes.

personally its been a pain all along and honestly unworkable. That was before the weather and play off deadlines raised their ugly heads.

I cant see why some are hoping for wholesale changes. We finished 2nd in the League, and would have won the League cup had it not been for that awful weekend of injuries. Based on that, the side just needs tweeking a bit, happy with Rohan and Cam, in an ideal world we'd have 7 up and coming youngsters who could improve their averages, but being a realist, that's not going to happen for any team. Every team needs a steady reliable middle order, so we all know that Leigh and Morten will do a job in that department. So It's just a case of who's going to be No1, and just as (or more) importantly, what 2 reserves we get. If we want a top No1, then we've got accept that he might not always be here, but who is there? Doyle and Cook are the only two brilliant No1's, and they're ok where they are, Ben was ok last year, but not as good as we'd hope. Richie, he appears to be available, but is a busy lad. I rather go for a half decent No1, and stronger reserves.

We need to shed exactly 3 points.

Option 1 Replace Ben only and go strength in depth. Up to 6.44 available.

Those on 5.80 - 6.44 are Aspergren Bellego Tabaka Fricke Kerr Lemon Kus Nelson Bunyan Howe Jorgensen Aarnio

Option 2 go with a 'No1' and make other changes

Possibles -Wells Morris Lawson Bach Allen Auty Bech Dyer Bjerre Doolan Karlsson Worral Alden Pijper

With Rohan and Cam an absolute must that means we would need to drop Morten or Leigh and bring in a 5 pointer or go with two 3 pointers.

Time for new batteries in the calculator!!

And so our resident troll returns after his long sabbatical as there was only one person who referred to trophies as egg cups! Morten caused a lot of friction in the pits last season when he got too big for his boots as that is the reason we should get shot.

And so our resident troll returns after his long sabbatical as there was only one person who referred to trophies as egg cups! Morten caused a lot of friction in the pits last season when he got too big for his boots as that is the reason we should get shot.

Ben and Morten out with Worrall plus a 5ish pointer in would work.