British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2014

Why should there be? I don't know anyone who is keen for the Witches to move "up" who also has any idea how they could sustain such a move.

I AM...if it was deemed viable by the promotion, and they could assemble a decent team...

I AM...if it was deemed viable by the promotion, and they could assemble a decent team...

the current state that speedway is in we can only assume that Ipswich dropped to the PL in an attempt to lose less money than if they were EL.Possibly Sky money the only thing keeping EL afloat until now.Not long now before all is revealed regarding League structures.

Why should there be? I don't know anyone who is keen for the Witches to move "up" who also has any idea how they could sustain such a move.

On a different tack:

Here's an alternative view of Foxhall, from the recent Banger World Final - terraces are healthily occupied: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKhkA9LSNhw

was there crowd trouble seems to be a lot of stewards there!!!

Interesting quote from Alex Harkess in the Edinburgh Evening News................

Harkess said: “Leicester have hinted they would like to move up, but they are the only Premier League club who have stated a preference to race in the Elite League.”

So no interest from Ippo in moving up then?

In this weeks Star Chris Louis is reported as saying he would like to see promotion and relegation. Obviously he doesn't realise that many Premier clubs don't want to go up. For promotion and relegation to have any credibility, you couldn't have teams going up or down just by putting in an application. If promotion and relegation came in then Ipswich would never move up, so perhaps that's what The Director Of Speedway wants. (what a stupid title that is!)

In this weeks Star Chris Louis is reported as saying he would like to see promotion and relegation. Obviously he doesn't realise that many Premier clubs don't want to go up. For promotion and relegation to have any credibility, you couldn't have teams going up or down just by putting in an application. If promotion and relegation came in then Ipswich would never move up, so perhaps that's what The Director Of Speedway wants. (what a stupid title that is!)

It will only work when we have the 2 leagues at parity and then there won't be an Elite league anyway!!

So with the new rules it must be 99.99% sure that Adam will be at Lakeside - but can he ride in all 3 leagues?

The EL certainly looks to have cut costs as expected, which has left me a little surprised that we didn't throw our hat in to the ring. Or maybe we did but weren't accepted?

If we didn't apply, then if Louis doesn't think we could cut it with a 32 point limit + two NL reserves, then I'm not sure we'll ever return.

One of the plus point of the PL was more regular meetings, but the EL has now extended their fixture list to 36 meetings.

Edited by CardinalSin

The EL certainly looks to have cut costs as expected, which has left me a little surprised that we didn't throw our hat in to the ring. Or maybe we did but weren't accepted?

If we didn't apply, then if Louis doesn't think we could cut it with a 32 point limit + two NL reserves, then I'm not sure we'll ever return.

Effectively they will only be oaying 5 riders!

Looks a right hash up to me and glad we are out of it!

Barker out Howe in and we are under the limit.

Effectively they will only be oaying 5 riders!

Looks a right hash up to me and glad we are out of it!

Barker out Howe in and we are under the limit.

Personally I'd have thought it would be right up the promotions street financially but still obviously didn't fancy it.

Most PL reserves will more than likely be stronger than EL reserves, which would make an EL Vs PL match a little more interesting and closer.

12 teams and 14 home league matches ????

Perhaps the LC will count in the main league table? Hardly fair if you a tough group!

• Like 1

YES...

Thanks Blu - have seen that elsewhere as well now!

The drip drip drip has started....

... not sure if thats the information or chinese water torture though!!

Well now we know the points limit I wouldn't mind the following team line up:-

1. Richie Worrall 8.64

2. Matt Tresarrieu 5.84

3. Cameron Heeps 6.74

4. Taylor Poole 5.99

5. Rohan Tungate 7.05

6. Adam Ellis 4.25

7. Ritchie Hawkins 3.96

Total 42.47

I know its not likely as I'm sure that Lanham & Risager will be in the team

• Like 1

Well now we know the points limit I wouldn't mind the following team line up:-

1. Richie Worrall 8.64

2. Matt Tresarrieu 5.84

3. Cameron Heeps 6.74

4. Taylor Poole 5.99

5. Rohan Tungate 7.05

6. Adam Ellis 4.25

7. Ritchie Hawkins 3.96

Total 42.47

I know its not likely as I'm sure that Lanham & Risager will be in the team

Unfotunately Tay is a no go - busted his leg a while ago and has quit.

I'd actually enjoy this line up

1 Richie Worrall 8.64

2 Max Fricke 5.80

3 Cam Heeps 6.74

4 Jason Bunyan 5.80/Linus Eklof 5.76

5 Anton Rosen 7.00/Rohan Tungate 7.05

6 Steve Worrall Unsure average allowed 4.50

7 Ritchie Hawkins 3.96

I've chosen Rosen because i was impressed by his ability to adapt to the track. This team is young i know but it would be some exciting racing but it probably won't come to fruition