British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2014

So we have 3 away fixtures on consecutive nights. Scunthorpe Workington and Glasgow, how do you think we will get on? Only one away fixture next month, so we can at least rack up some points at home.

I think we could possibly take 4 points from those 3 fixtures. With the greatest respect to Glasgow, they look a poor side so we should be looking to win that one at least.

Scunny is somewhere we rarely perform well at but they are very inconsistent so could be anywhere between a sneaky narrow win or a 20+ defeat.

Jorgensen at reserve will be the key depends if he scores 5 or 15.

The same could be said for the trip to Workys walking(or not in some cases) wounded.

I wouldnt put my house on getting a point at either.

Glasgow in theory is the one where we should be targeting a win but they will bouyed by their cup success and be looking at making it back to back home wins.

I will go for 3 points overall but without pinning any on to a particular meeting.

Scunny is somewhere we rarely perform well at but they are very inconsistent so could be anywhere between a sneaky narrow win or a 20+ defeat.

The same could be said for the trip to Workys walking(or not in some cases) wounded.

Glasgow in theory is the one where we should be targeting a win but they will bouyed by their cup success and be looking at making it back to back home wins.

I will go for 3 points overall but without pinning any on to a particular meeting.

You have a chance at Scunny. I expect they'll have no Klindt due to him been in the GP Qualifiers

You have a chance at Scunny. I expect they'll have no Klindt due to him been in the GP Qualifiers

didnt realise that.

Could swing it a bit our way - perhaps only a14 point defeat! wink

it would have been probable a few weeks ago now Henry is in we are definitely stronger especially at home but it is still possible if Dimitri was riding it would have been unlikely you would have got anything we are more balanced now and not to be underestimated especially at home

In terms of home wins it has only been the all conquering Edinburgh septet that has won at Ashfield this season we have dropped one league point at home to a rather fortuitous Peterborough side so from that respect i wouldn't rely on targeting a win on Sunday.

Edited by Gazc

it would have been probable a few weeks ago now Henry is in we are definitely stronger especially at home but it is still possible if Dimitri was riding it would have been unlikely you would have got anything we are more balanced now and not to be underestimated especially at home

In terms of home wins it has only been the all conquering Edinburgh septet that has won at Ashfield this season we have dropped one league point at home to a rather fortuitous Peterborough side so from that respect i wouldn't rely on targeting a win on Sunday.

certainly not relying on it as I think my comments suggest.

Any news on how much longer Berge will be out for?

certainly not relying on it as I think my comments suggest.

Any news on how much longer Berge will be out for?

Suggested last week he would have returned on Sunday against the Rocket's but has had a further scan back home and will not return until the Berwick meeting on the 27th July on medical advice if he hit's the ground running on the form pre-injury i will stick my neck out and say he will be the best reserve in the league he is that good.

Workington as well

Suggested last week he would have returned on Sunday against the Rocket's but has had a further scan back home and will not return until the Berwick meeting on the 27th July on medical advice if he hit's the ground running on the form pre-injury i will stick my neck out and say he will be the best reserve in the league he is that good.

Thats a big shame all round.

I for one was hoping to see him in the return fixture next month.

Berge looked wild when he rode after meetings at Foxhall last year, but you never can tell what a rider might be like once they get into proper racing.

Remember he is still very young but so far before he was injured he has been a bit errattic at times but there is no doubting this lad is so talented on a bike and is going far in the sport anyone who has seen him this year i am sure will agree how good he is.

Workington as well

Thanks for reminding me.

Ulrich Ostergaard as a guest in place of Klindt and Max Clegg as a guest for Adam Ellis

Well what do we all think after our weekend tour of Scunny , Worky and Glasgow then ?

Personally I am immensely disappointed with just 1 league point from meetings against patched up incomplete teams . I think the riders need to take a look at themselves and come up with some answers as to why they were so poor !

I could almost understand it against full strength teams but none of them were .

Ultimately we pay their wages in our entrance fees and have had a few decent results at home , Somerset particularly but generally speaking we've been unconvincing at best !

No doubt the changes/no changes debate will rear its head again but personally I just want to know what's actually going on in their heads at the moment ? Coz let's be honest it ain't working !

The way things are going we might struggle to make the top half of the league when all the other teams catch up on the fixtures .

Anyone got any ideas why a team with so much potential is so poor most of the time ???

Edited by Super Blue

No changes for me. Dont see any available that would do any better apart from any other reason.

We all know that there is more to come from every one of them and as frustrating as a number of the results have been with the pkay off system it ultimately doesnt matter.

I still think we will make the top 6 and then its yhe luck of who hits form at the right time.

July averages to be calculated after todays meeting so could be changes anyway.

Not got the figures but Cam must be close to a switch with Richie H.