British Speedway Forum

Workington V Edinburgh (pl) 9/9/13 @ 7.00/7.30pm

So we try again after the original match was called off. The monarchs will have Henning Bager at reserve in place of Max Fricke who is hoping to make his return on Friday.

Likely Line ups for Monday:

Workington

1. Richard Lawson
  2. Rusty Harrison
  3. Kyle Howarth
  4. Terio Aarnio
  5. Rene Bach
  6. Ashley Morris
  7. Chris Mills

Edinbrugh

1. Craig Cook
  2. Derek Sneddon
  3. Theo Pijper
  4. Joe Tabaka
  5. Claus Vissing
  6. Liam Carr (G)
  7. Henning Bager (G)

Edited by Mr Blobby

Well, I predict that I wont be there!!! I have to work for a living, could have squeezed it in with a 7.00pm start and a following wind so why Workington choose to start off night meetings at 7.30pm when still subject to a 10pm curfew is beyond me?? :mad: :mad:

Think Edinburgh will put up a strong show, cant see anyone taking Cookie on if he's anywhere near top form but I fancy us for a 49-41. ;)

Hull started at 7.30pm with a 10pm curfew for the 10 years they were open and they never had any problems curfew wise.

Infact i think a lot of tracks have 10pm curfews and start at 7.30pm. Sheffield start at 7.45pm and have a 10pm curfew etc. Time shouldn't be a problem if the ref keeps the meeting flowing.

Edited by Superstar1

Hull started at 7.30pm with a 10pm curfew for the 10 years they were open and they never had any problems curfew wise.

Infact i think a lot of tracks have 10pm curfews and start at 7.30pm. Sheffield start at 7.45pm and have a 10pm curfew etc. Time shouldn't be a problem if the ref keeps the meeting flowing.

Said that because we always start at 7pm, why should off night be any different? As previous experience has taught me SS1, you cant guarantee a smooth run meeting and I've chanced my arm before with a tight schedule and found myself short changed by incidents and unnecessary delays too many times, always seemed to happen on off nights and Bank Holidays, hmm... could be a correlation in there somewhere? ;)

Well, I predict that I wont be there!!! I have to work for a living, could have squeezed it in with a 7.00pm start and a following wind so why Workington choose to start off night meetings at 7.30pm when still subject to a 10pm curfew is beyond me?? :mad: :mad:

Think Edinburgh will put up a strong show, cant see anyone taking Cookie on if he's anywhere near top form but I fancy us for a 49-41. ;)

If you can't run a meeting in 2 and a half hours, there is something sadly wrong. Yes, accidents can happen, etc., etc., but 2 and a half hours should be ample enough time. Most (with the odd exception like Kent and Sheffield) midweek teams run with a 7.30pm start and I'd guess have a 10pm curfew and they, generally, seem to manage ok.

Edited by The Abbott

Going by our two last away results (yeah, I know the Weegies away yesterday shouldn't really count - but Leicester was poor), I predict a comfortable home win here.

Will be a very interesting meeting tonight, Cookie will be all out to score his usual max, hopefully Ash can carry on his good form from Saturday , and maybe Millsy will surprise us and have a better night . If we have the same determination we had against Newcastle who I would have said are a stronger team on paper we will be okay . Stay safe boys best of luck

• Like 1

So abandoned after 2 heats.

Bit of a dilemma here when is the rearranged fixture going to be??? as all premier league fixtures need to be finished by Monday (i think ) if not someone will correct me. We are at home tomorrow, Ipswich Thursday, home again Friday and Newcastle Sunday, while Workington are holding the GB V AUS test match on Saturday so the only available dates are Wednesday or Monday.

Edited by Mr Blobby

If you can't run a meeting in 2 and a half hours, there is something sadly wrong. Yes, accidents can happen, etc., etc., but 2 and a half hours should be ample enough time. Most (with the odd exception like Kent and Sheffield) midweek teams run with a 7.30pm start and I'd guess have a 10pm curfew and they, generally, seem to manage ok.

Obviously haven't made myself clear on this, I don't have 2.5hrs available to me to "watch" a meeting when I'm at work same night, I have travel to time to take off as well hence 7pm "would" always be better as it would allow + 30 mins for discrepancies etc!!

By the way Abbott, you obviously haven't seen us drag out a Bank Holiday meeting with Berwick, remember one time leaving for work after two hours and had only got to Ht10!! :D

After all this it hasn't mattered one jot, 2 races, shouldn't really have started at all, be tough to get this one in in time now? :blink:

So abandoned after 2 heats.

Bit of a dilemma here when is the rearranged fixture going to be??? as all premier league fixtures need to be finished by Monday (i think ) if not someone will correct me. We are at home tomorrow, Ipswich Thursday, home again Friday and Newcastle Sunday, while Workington are holding the GB V AUS test match on Saturday so the only available dates are Wednesday or Monday.

Would probably say Monday wouldn't be considered as CC will be at Eastbourne with Belle Vue (unless that's a re-arranged fixture!)

Cancelling the test match is the only option as I see it, the days that Edinburgh aren't running one of the lads is riding leaving no option but Saturday. I will be gutted to see that happen but it's just one of those things. Last night was a no win situation, would have been criticism for not starting it or as seen on here criticism for having a go. We have been lucky this year (barring this fixture) regarding rain offs

• Like 1

Totally agree,when we got there puddles aplenty greeted us :sad:

To be fair we had no rain in Workington until after 4pm yesterday showers everywhere else but not here, sun came back out again taking it to well after 5pm before the heavier showers, fans and riders well on their way by then so no option really than to go ahead with the meeting