British Speedway Forum

British Under 19 Final; Coventry 20/9

Here is the final Line up for Coventry on Friday sept 20th,

DRAW: Stefan Nielsen, Nathan Stoneman, Ashley Morris, Nathan Greaves, Max Clegg, James Shanes, Liam Carr, Ben Morley, Darryl Ritchings, Adam Kirby, Josh Bates, Adam Ellis, Oliver Greenwood, Connor Coles, Kyle Howarth, Daniel Spiller. Reserves: Jack Kingston, Ryan Terry-Daley.

I dont know who selects the riders, but do they ever watch NL racing ?. Nothing against Adam Kirby, but at this moment in time, Jack Kingston is far more deserving of a place than his fellow Kings rider, he has made impressive strides for The Kings, whereas Adam has if anything, gone backwards. For me there can only be one winner here, and Thats Kyle Howarth, with Adam Ellis and Stefan Nielsen to make the podium.

• Like 1

Should be a great night! Kyle Howarth has been a class above most in the National League and Lewis Blackbird of the Heathens at 26 years of age has been the only to really push him! He made Paul Starke look a bit slow when he came last week to Monmore Wood!

Should be a great night! Kyle Howarth has been a class above most in the National League and Lewis Blackbird of the Heathens at 26 years of age has been the only to really push him! He made Paul Starke look a bit slow when he came last week to Monmore Wood!

Kyle doesn t ride NL hasn t for 2 years now ??

Kyle doesn t ride NL hasn t for 2 years now ??

I think that was Hunty's point.

Isn't this the British U19 Championship NOT the NL British Championship? That should make any rider of ability able to take part even if he is not a National League rider surely?

Also, shouldn't this be in --

Speedway Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events

Edited by Guest

I do bow to your knowledge on this matter Gustix

Isn't this the British U19 Championship NOT the NL British Championship? That should make any rider of ability able to take part even if he is not a National League rider surely?

I posted this in the NL section Gustix, as they are primarily NL riders Kyle Howarth and Daniel Spiller being the exceptions, if the mods feel it should belong there maybe they will remove it. However if we want to split hairs, tell me what section should the Kent V Wimbledon topic be in ? this is The National League, and i dont recall seeing Wimbledon riding this season in the NL..much as i would have liked to see them riding in ANY League :wink: , now theres a point, would it be possible for Wimbledon to ride out of Central Park, similar to The Heathens do out of Monmore Green ?.

With regards to the riders chosen, i have already asked why Jack Kingston is NOT included in the full line up, as at this moment in time, he riding better than, and will over time be a better rider, than some of those selected, he is far better RACER and rider than his 3 point average, he just needs to gain more experience of when to overtake, and when not to, he doesnt sit behind and follow back wheels like a lot of riders do, if he is 3rd he wants to be 2nd, if he is 2nd he wants to be 1st, but he will learn with experience when the time is right to either hold what you have, or use the whole four laps to make those moves. What i will say is this, i wouldnt be unhappy if he were in The Heathens team, though Im sure he is happy at Kent, and im 100% sure, they are happy with him.

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 1

I do bow to your knowledge on this matter Gustix

I posted this in the NL section Gustix, as they are primarily NL riders Kyle Howarth and Daniel Spiller being the exceptions, if the mods feel it should belong there maybe they will remove it. However if we want to split hairs, tell me what section should the Kent V Wimbledon topic be in ? this is The National League, and i dont recall seeing Wimbledon riding this season in the NL..much as i would have liked to see them riding in ANY League :wink: , now theres a point, would it be possible for Wimbledon to ride out of Central Park, similar to The Heathens do out of Monmore Green ?.

With regards to the riders chosen, i have already asked why Jack Kingston is NOT included in the full line up, as at this moment in time, he riding better than, and will over time be a better rider, than some of those selected, he is far better RACER and rider than his 3 point average, he just needs to gain more experience of when to overtake, and when not to, he doesnt sit behind and follow back wheels like a lot of riders do, if he is 3rd he wants to be 2nd, if he is 2nd he wants to be 1st, but he will learn with experience when the time is right to either hold what you have, or use the whole four laps to make those moves. What i will say is this, i wouldnt be unhappy if he were in The Heathens team, though Im sure he is happy at Kent, and im 100% sure, they are happy with him.

I only queried where the British U21 Championship should be discussed because previously a National League championship event was moved by a Mod from this section to

Speedway Testimonials and Shared Events

and I accepted this as being the correct format for the BSF.

I think that Kent Kings v Wimbledon is in the correct section primarily because Kings are a National League club and the hosts for the meeting in what, despite its grandiose cup title, is basically an open challenge match.

Wimbledon racing out of Central Park. Nice in theory - but I don't think these days that those old Wimbledon fans would want to travel that far for a home match which would have a 6.30pm start under current council curfew times.

Favourite must be Kyle Howarth and good luck to the lad. Dark horses will be Oliver Greenwood who has shocked a few at Sheffield in the last few weeks(been riding superbly) and Berwicks Borderer who dons the Hitman Jacket, Liam Carr.

Good luck to all as you are our sports future.

Think you are right Gustix.. It should be there..

There appears to be a major error on my part when I reintroduced the thread elsewhere. Wrong date for one thing...but JTW tells me it's a different championship as well!!!

Have to agree with Greyhoundp,, Kingston, deserves the spot in the event, his recent form has been outstanding and his entertainment level is fantastic ,,Maybe the organisers dont want a real spoiler in the line up.. I like Adam Kirby but he has been going through a lean spell lately.. And kingston should be in..I have to admit i critisized Jack earlier this season suggesting he needed to calm down a bit,,But he hase,nt,,well not much anyway,, And im delighted to say he is proving me wrong..

• Like 1

Have to agree with Greyhoundp,, Kingston, deserves the spot in the event, his recent form has been outstanding and his entertainment level is fantastic ,,Maybe the organisers dont want a real spoiler in the line up.. I like Adam Kirby but he has been going through a lean spell lately.. And kingston should be in..I have to admit i critisized Jack earlier this season suggesting he needed to calm down a bit,,But he hase,nt,,well not much anyway,, And im delighted to say he is proving me wrong..

Waco, I first saw Jack guesting for Stoke last season, his bike was misfiring badly, and he looked steady, and picked up his points by just staying on, somewhere on the Kent posts early doors, i wrote decent signing and a steady rider :D :D I think i was very much wrong with that summary, well the steady part of it anyway.

Edited by greyhoundp