British Speedway Forum

Pl Riders Championship - Sheffield 22/9/13

i think the lack of passing was due to the fact that each and every rider that took part are at the top of their game and they were all going flat out and if you cant go any faster than flat out then passes will be rare.magnus for me was the best rider on the day but a big well done to olly allen and i thought the track was the best i had seen it in a very long while.

Congratulations to Oliver, who has had more than his fair share of nasty injuries throughout his career and deserves this success.

He is also one of the long distance competitors who never refuses a booking to the Scottish Open and always puts on a good show.

So - so meeting i thought , pretty much from the gate throughout . I'm a bit diasappointed with the downsizing of facilities at Owlerton too . Once upon a time we had the use of the bar on the 1st bend on PLRC day , that stopped and was replaced by a hatch . Now the hatch has gone , so if you want a drink or the toilet you have a bit of a trek . I know it's the stadium owners to blame , but it's a pretty poor way to treat the public .

So - so meeting i thought , pretty much from the gate throughout . I'm a bit diasappointed with the downsizing of facilities at Owlerton too . Once upon a time we had the use of the bar on the 1st bend on PLRC day , that stopped and was replaced by a hatch . Now the hatch has gone , so if you want a drink or the toilet you have a bit of a trek . I know it's the stadium owners to blame , but it's a pretty poor way to treat the public .

Where did you fetch your drinks from in the stadium?

They over the winter they re#vamped the snack bar area which now as wel. as having the snack bar has another bar in it as well. The whole;area is about as big as the Panarama room and the bar area selling acoholic drinks is about the same size as the bar on the first bend.

It is a little bit further to walk but not that far really.

Where did you fetch your drinks from in the stadium?

They over the winter they re#vamped the snack bar area which now as wel. as having the snack bar has another bar in it as well. The whole;area is about as big as the Panarama room and the bar area selling acoholic drinks is about the same size as the bar on the first bend.

It is a little bit further to walk but not that far really.

There was a hatch down near the track shop

There was a hatch down near the track shop

I would be very surprised if the snack bar area was not open, it is for league match's.

It sit direct under the Panarama room, there is a big snack bar area and a decent size bar sell alcoholic drinks.

I would be absolutely gobsmacked if they had not opened it for the league match.

Maybe just me, but I think the meeting just summed up whats missing in modern speedway, Little racing, I counted 6 passes all night! This used to be a cracker of a meeting but now like most speedway I've seen this yr its predominately gate and go.

In terms of entertainment 3/10

Sheffield however know how to put on a show, Hoggart good on the mic, two minutes warning, music building up to the starts, well done, a few tracks should take a lot of their ideas on board.

Maybe just me, but I think the meeting just summed up whats missing in modern speedway, Little racing, I counted 6 passes all night! This used to be a cracker of a meeting but now like most speedway I've seen this yr its predominately gate and go.

In terms of entertainment 3/10

Sheffield however know how to put on a show, Hoggart good on the mic, two minutes warning, music building up to the starts, well done, a few tracks should take a lot of their ideas on board.

I don't think we have had a decent PLRC for a number of years racing wise. I have seen every meeting this season at Sheffield bar the British Semi Final, and that was one the poorest of the season. Not sure exactly why maybe something to do with a field of riders who are all of a very similar class.