British Speedway Forum

Bad Crash For Emil

What's all this treatment by Red Bull nonsense then??

Having repeatedly studied the slo-mo of the crash from the inside angle, I am now officially stunned that this "Is he, isn't he" charade has gone on this long! He ISN'T!!!

Can Red Bull take arms that have been completely bent the wrong way at the elbow (it went completely backwards on his impact on the floor!!!), and legs that have also behaved in a similar fashion, remove them, cure a break(s), sort out the massive ligament damage / swelling / etc. and have you up and twisting the throttle in 5 days????

If the Emil crash is what my eyes have led me to believe... (sometimes riders can have bad crashes and rag-doll and be quite okay... but this one was something else!), then I'd expect him to have months and months off... perhaps a year... before he can ride... if he ever can again. If you told me that was him finished, I wouldn't be surprised. :cry:

That arm was bad enough alone... it could be damaged beyond repair forever.

Red Bull Red Schmull!!!! If they've sorted this out in under a week, we should kidnap their people and put the cancer and AIDS scenario in front of them. Or take them 3 little fishes and 5 loaves of bread.... sort out global hunger....

You know that deep down in your hearts, Your not feeling patriotic about Tai winning the World championships.

I'm speaking the truth and giving my own opinion.

:) I am an Emil fan but feel patriotic about Tai. Good luck to the kid. The idea that somehow someone is not worthy unless everybody is taking part is a bit daft. It's speedway and this stuff happens all the time.

The world champion is worthy of being the world champion by virtue of beating the opposition not by somehow having to contend with people better than him who might have been in it but wern't for some reason.

Tai isn't the first in this position.

If he wins then he is totally deserving of the honour. What you say is not the 'truth' simply the burblings of someone who

is a lot of the times an idiot with flashes of sense but this is one of the burblings :)

• Like 4

Having repeatedly studied the slo-mo of the crash from the inside angle, I am now officially stunned that this "Is he, isn't he" charade has gone on this long! He ISN'T!!!

Can Red Bull take arms that have been completely bent the wrong way at the elbow (it went completely backwards on his impact on the floor!!!), and legs that have also behaved in a similar fashion, remove them, cure a break(s), sort out the massive ligament damage / swelling / etc. and have you up and twisting the throttle in 5 days????

If the Emil crash is what my eyes have led me to believe... (sometimes riders can have bad crashes and rag-doll and be quite okay... but this one was something else!), then I'd expect him to have months and months off... perhaps a year... before he can ride... if he ever can again. If you told me that was him finished, I wouldn't be surprised. :cry:

Red Bull Red Schmull!!!! If they've sorted this out in under a week, we should kidnap their people and put the cancer and AIDS scenario in front of them. Or take them 3 little fishes and 5 loaves of bread.... sort out global hunger....

Sounded good though didn't it!! Surely Emil's manager ought to look at the press release he put out and wonder why he did!!

Again I want to add, 100 % Adrian Miedzinski's responsibility !! Poor Emil, really hope he will be fully recovered as soon as possible, really hope Ref's will start to punish such behaviour, so far most of the time they just disqualify the rider on the outside ....

Again, in my opinion, Miedzinski has decided this year's Championship, Tai Woffingen will now be able not to take every risk in the remaining 3 rounds and still be Champion ...

So Emil not taking part this weekend.....no real surprise there :sad: .. but I'm almost afraid to say his crash reminded me of Ian Hutchinsons crash in 2010 ( see at end of film "Closer to the Edge", ) and its only this coming monday 9th sept 2013 that he's finally getting the external fixator taken off his lower leg. He was ridden over by another rider too

..... and I feel for poor Emil with his injury. Could be a long spell out.

Grow up for goodnes sake!!... First Holder, now Emil, the only 2 who could have challenged Tai are now both out of the equation, so who on earth is there left to challenge him (unless Tai got injured too, which NO-ONE would want to see)? Some people can't see past the end of their own nose and would swear black is white until everyone else in the country said they were wrong (even then they'd struggle to believe it!). Well done to Tai who HAS been a revelation this season, but unfortunately for him, he now needs to do it again another year, otherwise people are always going to say that he only won it because of injuries to his only 2 rivals (rightly or wrongly).

No they won't. Only a few ignorant ones would.

Holder was a long way behind Woffinden already, and as Woffindens scoring has continued unabated there is little chance he could have made any inroads.

Woffinden is already AHEAD of Emil, despite crashing out of one GP himself (losing 5-6 pts min) in the process, plus riding with an injury after that.

No they won't. Only a few ignorant ones would.

Holder was a long way behind Woffinden already, and as Woffindens scoring has continued unabated there is little chance he could have made any inroads.

Woffinden is already AHEAD of Emil, despite crashing out of one GP himself (losing 5-6 pts min) in the process, plus riding with an injury after that.

I think he's confused and he meant Ward.

Let's be honest here too, there are some great riders in this field, and Tai was leading the chase in spite of being injured and riding through the barrier himself this year.

I will have no qualms or 'what ifs' about him being crowned World Champion.

Points wise, he's there anywhere... he has scored more GP points at this moment this year than any other rider on earth. Now if he'd have been 20 behind.....

And a lot of people on here argued strongtly that Emil should have been excluded not Zagar in Copenhagen...

Niamh

never my friend, Zagar's exclusion was 100 % correct, he shut the door against Emil !

WRONG I'm afraid ... just had a text from Tony Olsson confirming that Emil has now withdrawn...

That will mean some people saying Tia only won because Emil out.

But lets be fair as sports fans he is leading rode when hurt and I for one wish him luck

as I did from the start.

But most of all lets remember he is a speedway rider and puts all on the line as they

all do every heat.Lets hope no one hurt tonight