British Speedway Forum

Bad Crash For Emil

It seems we're not going to get the exciting battle for the championship with Emils injury tonight. A great shame but well done Tai, world champion.

Nicki Pedersen showed earlier in the year that you can ride with a broken arm,we`ll have to wait to see how they treat it and the nature of the break.It would be a huge shame should Sayfudinov not be able to contest the rest of the GP series.

The hyper extension of his right leg looked horrible - there is bound to be some ligament damage at best.

Hope it is not as bad as first reported. Most would want Tai to win the title but not because of something like this.

• Like 2

The hyper extension of his right leg looked horrible - there is bound to be some ligament damage at best.

Hope it is not as bad as first reported. Most would want Tai to win the title but not because of something like this.

The crash was horrific. find it incredible that he got off so lightly, but yes, nobody wants a title decided by injury..

Absolute BULL how can you say that with 5 weeks to go

Blimey calm down. There's only 3 Gp's left so it's understandable how some people could say it's pretty much all over.

For Hampel or even Pedersen to make up 20+ points in 3 rounds is pretty unlikely.

Shame really. Not a fan of Woffinden.

Not quite, gentlemen.

I have it from Denis Sayfutdinov, Emil's brother, that most probably NOTHING is broken. Fingers crossed.

Emil has a dislocation with his elbow, and he as some probems with the knee.

In article from yesterday at the teams official website, it says a broken arm at the elbow.

http://translate.goo...kontuzja-emila/

Then a newer article says that the doctors in Torun first diagnosed a broken arm but that they apparently might not have been correct.

Emil will undergo new examinations at the Red Bull clinic in Switzerland. A first diagnose should be available today or tomorrow.

http://translate.goo...e-jest-zlamana/

Edited by Ghostwalker

I think the biggest shame if/when Woofy wins is that some will delight in diminishing his acheivement claiming it was only down to injuries to others.

That would be far from the truth IMO. Not withstanding the fact that despite his position comfortably ahead of Hampel and Pedersen it is not unassailable. He still has work to do.

• Like 2

I think the biggest shame if/when Woofy wins is that some will delight in diminishing his acheivement claiming it was only down to injuries to others.

True to a degree but Woofy also broke his collarbone very badly. Interesting that Emil is getting a 2nd opinion. Only a few weeks ago Rory Schlien was told by a Polish doctor he had a broken leg but it wasn't broken.

WHY not a fan of Woffinden?

Not sure Philip, just never taken a shine to him.

Maybe i'm a bit old school, but his image just doesn't sit right with me. I'm no old fart, but all the tats and ear things wind me up, obviously not just with him but anyone. Smacks of attention seeking to me.

Good rider tho, no doubt about that.

• Like 1