British Speedway Forum

Workington 2014

what a pointless post!!!!!

and so is your post about having simon stead in a Workington race jacket. in fact , its more pointless than my so called pointless post. but hey, we are all on here to be entertained . its a bit of fun and general banter. if you take it that serious. maybe you should be in politics or some other employment. the labour party is calling for people like you. or should it say. the labour party is CALLING people like you. lighten up man... or girl..

After watching the team this year I would only have three of them back. Richard by no means my favourite rider but does ok just wish he would try to pass someone a bit more often can only remember three passes all season. Kyle as he is still improving and the same for Ashley. No Bach for me to inconsistent and always complaining. Rusty not going to improve now sadly. Tero again no improvement and seams injury prone. And as for Mills he should have gone a long time ago great lad but does not score.

1. Stead yes I would give it a go he loves Derwent Park

2. Kyle

4. Campton

5.Richard

6.Ashley

7.Schram

and so is your post about having simon stead in a Workington race jacket. in fact , its more pointless than my so called pointless post. but hey, we are all on here to be entertained . its a bit of fun and general banter. if you take it that serious. maybe you should be in politics or some other employment. the labour party is calling for people like you. or should it say. the labour party is CALLING people like you. lighten up man... or girl..

whats so bad about putting stead in a comets race jacket????????? And don't say it will never happen or are you picking the team now oh that's right I didn't think you were!!!!!!!!

If Sheffield are running I can only see Stead there, but if not who knows. I'm sure they will be though. This years team more or less picked itself, some interesting times ahead while next years being sorted.

So can I alongside Richard Lawson with Ricky Wells heading in this direction!! :D

I would of thought Wells would go to Plymouth?

Possibly, just that Wells made no secret of his interest in possibly joining the Comets for this year after doing several guest appearances in 2012, think the figures didn't add up after Rusty got the nod for a comeback?

Would be a very handy rider to pick up though? ;)

Well now that our title challenge is effectively over for another season, I'd thought I say what a great first season it has been for the new promotion; people are excited about the comets again. To that end I think we should keep the mainstay of the team, and I would go with:

1 Richard Lawson 8.28

2 Mason Campton 4.69

3 Kyle Howarth 6.86

4 Rusty Harrison 6.63

5 Rene Bach 7.85

6 Chris Schramm 3.55

7 Wright/Compton/Morris 4.36

Total 42.22

I think Mason is a cert for next year, as long as the visa issue is sorted, that means I don't think Tero will be back which is a shame as he never let us down really and always seemed to pull off that Heat 14 win.

Kyle is capable of stepping up and averaging 8+ next year and loves riding for Workington so I'm sure he'll be back. So along with Lawson and Bach, 3 heat leaders who can be averaging 8+ is a strong base, especially in a league possibly without its 2 top riders from this year?

I'm sure Rusty will be there again, Rusty has been abit hot and cold this season but riding at number 4 he will average around 7 and provide able back up.

I'd be surprised if our top five is dissimilar to that, it's the reserves which could be the key.

Chris schramm at 6 for me, he likes riding derwent park and I think he is a steal on that average. I believe he lives in the south, but he's riding been riding for Newcastle and I don't think that will be a big deal for him.

Number 7 is the question mark, would have been good to have Campton at 7 but I think is average is too high to balance the team. Options? Ashley Morris might be back, but there are 2 better options for the higher averaged reserve. Charles Wright has had a great season in the NL, and has backed it up by doing very well for Somerset. And then there is Andre Compton, which would be a big gamble, could be an asset at reserve, I know he's very friendly with Rich Lawson so could well be a possibility, I reckon he could put in some big scores at home, but who knows about away form? I think they are the few realistic choices for reserve.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1