British Speedway Forum

Elite League 2014

People are mad to suggest the KO Cup Final should be at a neutral track. Joke of an idea.

People are mad to suggest the K O Cup full stop.. Two frendlies to give the riders a good blow, a full league programme the play off's and then in our case the Blue Riband and breathe.. If only i could bring down a smillie..

Edited by Starman2006

Having some experience of scrambles and offroad japanese bikes, I am very interested in bringing down the cost of equipment for starters. If riders equipment costs are slashed then this would help a great deal. Or am I barking up the wrong tree here.

I would be after the reliability factor here, rather than highly tuned macines at the limit of their capability.

People are mad to suggest the K O Cup full stop.. Two frendlies to give the riders a good blow, a full league programme the play off's and then in our case the Blue Riband and breathe.. If only i could bring down a smillie..

If the play offs are retained, why cant the teams finishing 5th-8th compete in the KOC to keep their season going as well...

So are the play offs, whats the difference..

The play off's bring in far bigger crowds than the K O Cup, thats the difference.. Still you lot won't need to bother yourselves about that..

Still not up for a debate then without making it tribal. Must be self loathing I would imagine...

Not really mate. Just stating the truth.

The play off's bring in far bigger crowds than the K O Cup, thats the difference.. Still you lot won't need to bother yourselves about that..

The KO Cup should be the most popular meetings after the play-offs. The fact that they are not, simply proves the BSPA couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery.

Given the promoting rights to BSI, get Monster on board, treat the KO Cup like a proper competition instead of a filler and watch the crowds come flooding back.

• Like 1

The league should be Home and Away once only,no play offs. Knock out cup should be home and away aggregate score and neither competition should have the present tactical rides, instead lets go back to the old way where if you are 6 pts adrift you can substitute a rider for another but no double points.

Winner of the league rides against the winner of the KOC home and away for the Super Cup.

So do any of the 'in the know' peeps have any insights from either of the 2 pre-AGM meetings/Sky negotiations?

Perhaps a promoter or two might like to float a couple of ideas to the paying fans now before the upcoming AGM or even take some proper soundings from supporters? it's not too difficult to set up a survey monkey to get some decent supporter feedback on the BSPA website (assuming they are too nervous to run it through this forum, which in itself is self-selecting, but better than no insight); just a thought (instead of the drip-feed 'rumours' of dubious sources)

• Like 1

The KO Cup should be the most popular meetings after the play-offs. The fact that they are not, simply proves the BSPA couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery.

Given the promoting rights to BSI, get Monster on board, treat the KO Cup like a proper competition instead of a filler and watch the crowds come flooding back.

Should be, but clearly fans don't want this type of meeting. The K O Cup just doesn't appeal to fans anymore.

The play-offs are here to stay whether you like it or not. Although initially implemented to please television they are now the only Elite-meetings with a decent crowds.

Not at poole they are not.

Should be, but clearly fans don't want this type of meeting. The K O Cup just doesn't appeal to fans anymore.

Not at poole they are not.

Poole still lost money last year, and I would be amazed if they haven't this year too. So Poole need more fans, the same as everyone else.