British Speedway Forum

Elite League 2014

League for 2014 will be as follows;

- Races cut to three laps to cut the shale bill of promoters down by 25%. Coventry's budget will be unchanged.

- The back straight is to be abolished in a cost cutting measure. More shale overhead reduced

- 7 Double Up Riders per team

- The green helmet color returns as it is pointed out the league was better when we last had it

- Each team to race every team once home and away, some twice, Eastbourne hopefully not at all.

- To save any temptation for rule manipulation, Poole are seeded straight into the play offs and awarded the league title. The other 9 clubs are battling for the coveted 2nd spot.

- Heat leader and top rider limits to be set once we know what Chris and Darcy want to do.

- Any new promoters to the league are to have Krystof Kasprzak on their team, just for Sh*ts and giggles.

- Sky TV deal to change. Poole are to be shown most every Monday. Correction, Sky TV deal remains the same.

The savings the above make will be passed onto the fans. Admission prices at all tracks will rise by 1 pound.

Edited by SteveEvans
  • Like 6

Would not be surprised if he charged extra if you wanted a seat, and in an emergency the oxygen mask only drops after putting a coin in a slot.

I did find it strange on one of his flights when I was sat next to the emergency exit that the stewardess explained to us when and how to open the emergency door. Never had that on any other airline.

Same thing on WizzAir.

I use them frequently, and I always book an "extra-legroom" seat, which means I get to sit next to an emergency exit above the wings. And every time I get a gorgeous trolley-dolly lean across to explain it all in a very sexy accent :D

By the way, if anybody's thinking about using Wizzair, I gotta say I'm quite happy with them. But always ALWAYS pay the extra 3 euros for PRIORITY BOARDING. Otherwise you'll end up in a mad scrum with a load of.... well, you get the idea ;).

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 1

Two thoughts for 2014 If Poole win this years league change the name from Elite league to Cheat League.

Secondly form a breakaway league and do not invite Poole Then Matt (Win at all costs Stuff the rest) Ford could present the trophy at the beginning of the season and then see if he can run a club with out the rest

Two thoughts for 2014 If Poole win this years league change the name from Elite league to Cheat League.

Secondly form a breakaway league and do not invite Poole Then Matt (Win at all costs Stuff the rest) Ford could present the trophy at the beginning of the season and then see if he can run a club with out the rest

What makes you think the other promoters would vote for that and for losing even more money??!! :wink:

Ford would loose the most. He needs the rest of the teams more than they need him

Poole are the biggest draw in the league. Why on earth would a promoter not want Poole in the league? Some people on here have no business sense at all.

From what I'm hearing about the major restructuring coming over the winter Ford could be in trouble as the prospect of working with him is a sticking point for some PL clubs. Towing the line is not something that comes naturally to him. Apparently the EL clubs have had enough as well.

From what I'm hearing about the major restructuring coming over the winter Ford could be in trouble as the prospect of working with him is a sticking point for some PL clubs. Towing the line is not something that comes naturally to him. Apparently the EL clubs have had enough as well.

Do you know who the new Chair and Vice Chair are going to be?

With the FIM apparently seeking to fill as many non-GP weekends as possible with other events nowadays, what are the chances of a European team league being introduced? I'm advocating this, or sure of its merits myself, but from the FIM's perspective and as another possible way of generating TV revenue, it would also give top riders a further money-earning outlet and further reduce their need for and interest in the national leagues.

Maybe starting up with 6 teams - say 2 from Poland, 2 Swedish, 1 Danish and 1 British with expansion to 8 teams in year 2. The clubs/teams would effectively become franchises. I could see this being of potential interest to a club such as Poole - who would also have the possibility of running a team in whatever UK league/s are operating - only with a different actual team of riders. (and for the more paranoid out there - this is not "Poole -bashing" !).

Disadvantages - would further reduce the number of top riders taking part in the UK league/s, but on the other hand it looks as if those guys won't be around in the mainstream UK leagues anyway, so at least it would maintain some UK connection. It would mean the UK league/s would defintely become a case of taking the crumbs from the top table, but, again, isn;t it going that way in any case?

It could also be used as a way of riders qualifying for the following season's vacant GP places by way of rider averages, to replace the current circus of qualifying.

Amendment to previus post - such have read "I'm not advocating this"....!!

The FIM's Armando Castagna has stated this is an objective of his - just not sure how high up on the FIM's priority list it is!! Whether it would be a weekend league or on the preferred race day of the competing countries is not certain! I guess it might depend on who gets the TV rights, or whether each home country's chosen broadcaster insist it takes place on a certain day, to suit their other sports coverage and viewing figures?! (NB. I believe Sky's quoted EL viewing figures for midweek speedway were better than Saturday GP figures, when they were doing it!!)

With the FIM apparently seeking to fill as many non-GP weekends as possible with other events nowadays, what are the chances of a European team league being introduced? I'm advocating this, or sure of its merits myself, but from the FIM's perspective and as another possible way of generating TV revenue, it would also give top riders a further money-earning outlet and further reduce their need for and interest in the national leagues.

Maybe starting up with 6 teams - say 2 from Poland, 2 Swedish, 1 Danish and 1 British with expansion to 8 teams in year 2. The clubs/teams would effectively become franchises. I could see this being of potential interest to a club such as Poole - who would also have the possibility of running a team in whatever UK league/s are operating - only with a different actual team of riders. (and for the more paranoid out there - this is not "Poole -bashing" !).

Disadvantages - would further reduce the number of top riders taking part in the UK league/s, but on the other hand it looks as if those guys won't be around in the mainstream UK leagues anyway, so at least it would maintain some UK connection. It would mean the UK league/s would defintely become a case of taking the crumbs from the top table, but, again, isn;t it going that way in any case?

It could also be used as a way of riders qualifying for the following season's vacant GP places by way of rider averages, to replace the current circus of qualifying.

Amendment to previus post - such have read "I'm not advocating this"....!!

Lets do what they did years ago. Let's go our own way. Lets RUN BLACK. Sod the FIM, it's only run by a bunch of egotistical nincompoops who have hardly any interest in speedway but for their own self-inflated ego's. Not forgetting their freebies!