British Speedway Forum

Elite League 2014

Is today's decision by the ACU another nail in the Elite League's Coffin or where there enough nails in it already? Be interesting to see what Mr Frost does in 2014. Is he the only one with integrity?

The decision is the correct one. It is the intial decision that was wrong.

It appears though that corruption or incompetence rife within the sport has been well and truly exposed with these events.

I really look forward to hearing some of the comments of the BSPA/SCB apologists who of course revelled in informing me I was wrong over the original decision (when I said Kings Lynn had done no wrong). They're faced with choosing whether their beloved governing bodies are either

a: Incompetent or

b: Corrupt.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 3

It appears thought that corruption rife within the sport has been well and truly exposed with these events.

I really look forward to hearing some of the comments of the BSPA/SCB apologists who of course revelled in informing me I was wrong over the original decision (when I said Kings Lynn had done no wrong). They're faced with choosing whether their beloved governing bodies are either

The fact that the appeal has been delayed until the Panthers had a outside chance of making the PO's and Lynn dropping points at Coventry meaning they have to win at Birmingham... It casts doubt.

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans
  • Like 2

It appears though that corruption or incompetence rife within the sport has been well and truly exposed with these events.

Well, I would have to say it's a and b. Because they are both.

The fact that the appeal has been delayed until the Panthers had a outside chance of making the PO's and Lynn dropping points at Coventry meaning they have to win at Birmingham... It casts doubt.

That's a massive understatement to say the least :mad:

I know what he's going to do and sadly for Panthers fans, It isn't good news i'm afraid.

If Rick Frost walks away from the sport now, who could blame him?
  • Like 1

It seems to me that Mr Frost call it a day and who could blame him. You cannot win when Speedway is run by a Cartel for their own narrow self interest. They however may find that their behaviour comes back to bite them in the bum. In paying transfer fees for Batchelor and Sundstrom Mr Frosts injection of capital must have been a god send to the promoters concerned. Especially Swindon who received a transfer fee and now feel it quite acceptable to have the rider back for free.

It seems to me that Mr Frost call it a day and who could blame him. You cannot win when Speedway is run by a Cartel for their own narrow self interest. They however may find that their behaviour comes back to bite them in the bum. In paying transfer fees for Batchelor and Sundstrom Mr Frosts injection of capital must have been a god send to the promoters concerned. Especially Swindon who received a transfer fee and now feel it quite acceptable to have the rider back for free.

Agree with your point but they pay a loan fee for around 4k for a 8 point rider

Lets do some maths here. Current EL GSA show 23 double up riders out of 70. So one third of the current EL riders are from the Premier League. If the Sky money goes then lets say EL riders above 8 point average cannot/will not compete next year. There are 11 such riders in the current EL GSA. So if the shortfall is all made up with PL double up riders next year that would represent half of the EL rider pool. So if you think teams had problems this year with double uppers next year could be worse! I'm sure all forum members have confidence that the BSPA will sort this out.

If Mr Frost goes, I am not sure that he will be the only one. Stuart Douglas must be seriously considering his position after the events of this season:

- Poole match cancelled, nothing in the regs to allow it - no action taken

- Kings Lynn could not find a competent electrician at a time they were trying to strengthen their squad

- the establishment combining last Monday evening to make it as hard as possible for Lakeside to progress. Does anyone seriously think that meeting would have gone ahead if the opposition had been anyone other than Poole?

There are probably others but I can't be bothered. Speedway is an expensive game and if a promoter feels/believes he/she is not getting a fair crack of the whip - then why waste your money?

I say to you today, my friends, even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the British Speedway’s dream. I have a dream that one day this sport will rise up, live out the true meaning of justice. We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all teams are created equal according to the points limits. I have a dream that one day on the red teak table of the BSPA Board Room, promoters of the favoured teams and the promoters of less favoured teams will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood. I have a dream

I have a dream that one day even the shales of Manchester, a track sweltering with the heat of a dust bowl, will be transformed into an oasis of prosperity for Team GB. I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the failure of their heroes but by the content of the trophy cabinet. I have a dream

I have a dream that one day in Poole, with it’s vicious promotional antics, with its team manager having his lips dripping with the words of Darcy Ward’s justification, one day right there in Poole little Robins fans and Bees fans will be able to join hands with little Pirates fans as sisters and brothers. I have a dream today . . .

I have a dream that one day every team shall be exalted, every financial worry will be made low. The rough tracks wild be made smooth, and the crooked promoters will be made straight. And the glory of the Lord shall be real and all flesh shall see it together. This is our hope. This is the faith that I go back to Perry Barr with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our sport into a beautiful symphony of sportsmanship. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go through the turnstiles together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day. I have a dream.

• Like 1