British Speedway Forum

Elite League 2014

Panthers and Pirates promoters can afford to run if their promoters choose to do so.

Belle Vue and Coventry seem to have their houses in order. Two more!

Panther's have enough assets to run a 2nd team at Kings Lynn! LOL

Will it be a five team league or will others have the finances to run?

Speedway - what a mess!

Panthers and Pirates promoters can afford to run if their promoters choose to do so.

Belle Vue and Coventry seem to have their houses in order. Two more!

Panther's have enough assets to run a 2nd team at Kings Lynn! LOL

Will it be a five team league or will others have the finances to run?

Speedway - what a mess!

Just two bigger leagues next year is they way to go if possible. Face each side home and away once and have the KOC.

• Like 6

All the big clubs like Poole, Wolves, Lynn and Peterborough into a Super League with GP riders

The rest drop into a huge PL league.

And ride against each other six times ? :shock:

• Like 1

All the big clubs like Poole, Wolves, Lynn and Peterborough into a Super League with GP riders

The rest drop into a huge PL league.

As long as it doesn't involve more than 14 home meetings!

Edited by TonyE

Is Peterborough a 'big' club? :rofl:

Depends how you measure it as the actress said to the Bishop!

Big Club, yes if based on; financial backing from the promoter, riding assets, machinery assets

Big club, no if based on; history but then only old foggies would worry about history rather than the present day!

Just imagine..................... Woffy gets crowned World Champion at the end of the season and what would be the best way to milk the press attention??

Oh i know lets ridiculously cut the points limit and kick out all the big boys including our BRITISH World Champion.

Smart move that would be. :mad:

• Like 4

Just imagine..................... Woffy gets crowned World Champion at the end of the season and what would be the best way to milk the press attention??

Oh i know lets ridiculously cut the points limit and kick out all the big boys including our BRITISH World Champion.

it's on the cards!
  • Like 1

it would be smart , the sooner you get in head that the elite can't afford them , the blow when it does happen wont be so hard Edited by hans fan
  • Like 6

it's on the cards!

A ridiculous hand to play if so.

it would be smart , the sooner you get in head that the elite can't afford them , the blow when it does happen wont be so hard

The only blow to me is that i wouldn't go as often or be interested in supporting a PL standard team.

Do you think clubs can keep haemorraging money indefinitely? If the big boys want to keep riding here they need to do it on promoter's terms ie for less money and comitting to ALL fixtures. Otherwise jog on.

Sorry, i wasn't aware you had assess to all the promoters finances, perhaps you can start the solo jog.