British Speedway Forum

Slovenian Gp Krsko Saturday 7th September 2013

Krister Gardell

I do hope tha's a joke. I'm nervous enough as it is! :shock:

ANOTHER beautiful day here in Krkso so no weather worries about tonight's event. Leon Madsen and Martin Vaculik skipped yesterday's practice when some riders were complaining that the track was generating TOO much dirt.

Unusually Nicki Pedersen only did three of his six runs, perhaps that was why, but Tomasz Gollob was making lots of noise in the covered pits revving the c+++ out of his bikes which is usually a sign he is interested!

Philip, has anything official come out about Emil's injuries yet?

Edited by Jacques

I POSTED on the Emil thread that there is nothing official about his injuries but rumours that he has broken anything and that he intends riding in Stockholm. I was told that he was very close to competing here but didn't feel quite strong enough. But, I stress, these are just rumours alkthough from quite a good source.

Good day all from a sunny USA. With the sad absence of Emil, "Go Tai" and do us proud. Alan.

Agree on both counts and also wouldn't mind seeing Darcy Ward doing well to show us what an even greater 2013 we could have had and 2014 we will have :) Not forgetting Jarek Hampel either a good showing from him augurs well for next season.

Oh dear Sam Ermolenko co-commentating

Lol

I'm sure there is some sort of Eurosport effect going on that is positively increasing crowd levels. Possibly speedway is getting more eyes cast on it with Eurosport generally not being as expensive as each country's version of Sky Sports? They certainly trailer the sport far better than Sky ever did and repeat showings help. Most sports fans will be watching their own favourite sport at peak viewing hours and day so the fact that someone channel hopping during the week can come across our sport is very good indeed.

Drip, drip, drip effect means we could be seeing a big upturn in the SGP over the next couple of seasons.

I'm sure there is some sort of Eurosport effect going on that is positively increasing crowd levels. Possibly speedway is getting more eyes cast on it with Eurosport generally not being as expensive as each country's version of Sky Sports? They certainly trailer the sport far better than Sky ever did and repeat showings help. Most sports fans will be watching their own favourite sport at peak viewing hours and day so the fact that someone channel hopping during the week can come across our sport is very good indeed.

Drip, drip, drip effect means we could be seeing a big upturn in the SGP over the next couple of seasons.

It`s the European championships that Eurosport show live throughout Europe-it`s only british Eurosport that show the GP`s live.

How dare you insult one of the most erudite Americans on the world stage. A master of the apropos phrase, tremendous grasp of grammar and razor-sharp insights. You owe him an unreserved apology. Sincerely. Charles "Dukie" Ermolenko.PHD English Language Studies. :t:

It`s the European championships that Eurosport show live throughout Europe-it`s only british Eurosport that show the GP`s live.

Yeah, sorry i didn't clarify but i meant the fact that speedway is getting exposure on a very popular channel via Eurosport broadcasts during the speedway season. So when people see that a SGP is being staged in their vicinity they are more likely to attend than previously.

Yayyy! nice to see good racing.

Yikes! Matej big things expected of you tonight dontcha know?

On paper the next heat is Hampel's easiest of the night.

And as per mischievous mention he duly gets beat into third.

I think the only reason why the title isn't being conceded by the other riders to Tai is with his battling racing instinct he's always prone to the risk of injury. I so wanted Emil to win this year but Tai like Darcy would be a worthy racing champ. Geez come on peeps there is enough action going on to be making comments lol.

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 1

Awww thought Zagar was going to get that at the start.

Oh how I wish someone would kidnap that Monster guy.

Unless i getting my bands mixed up he's one step closer to the edge and he's about to break lol.

Heat 10 stunning line-up

Truly a great win by Tai there. Only downside is i had hoped that Sky had copyrighted the awful "Woofy Woofy Woofy" and Pearson wouldn't be allowed to use it on Eurosport lol.

Unless i getting my bands mixed up he's one step closer to the edge and he's about to break lol.

Ummmm! yeah i was. I labelled him as Fred Durst from Linkin Park when i had in mind James Hetfield from Metallica lol.