British Speedway Forum

Plymouth Devils V Somerset Cases Rebels 10/8/13

So tonight Somerset beat Plymouth very convincingly, but they need to do it again tomorrow night at St Boniface.

Somerset must not look at this as a shoe in, they must go into the meeting with the right attitude and comittment, without taking un-nessercery chances. Gating will be the order of the day down there, they have the riders to do that and win this. Again, no complacency.

Edited by Starman2006

Would be happy with just a point from this one to be honest. Although the lads have been on fire lately, it has been at the OTA. We never seem to go well down at Plymouth, we being 1 of only a few teams to lose down there and not even pick up a point! Doyley, Nick and Josh should be fine but Alex cannot get to grips with smaller tracks so Kyle and the reserves will need to be on it.

As i said earlier, i would have been happy with a point from this one as we never go well down at the tiny SBA so to come away with a draw is a good result in my opinion. Fair play to Jake Anderson for his win over Doyley! that could well have saved Plymouth from another defeat.

2 Pts is better than none, as i said, not a shoe in. Puts you up to joint second.. All to race for, Northern tour could shape your season...

To me, two points dropped by Somerset and one gained by Plymouth. The Devils really were there for the taking and Somerset just didn't take the opportunity. Having said that, it was a real fighting performance by Plymouth and they fully deserved a point.

There wasn't a lot of passing early on but witthe score so close the meeting was always good and heat 15 was an absolute cracker, with Doyle chasing after Lemon and Davies and Jensen passing and repassing.

Good show imo, any points away are good points. The Rebels are going very well at the moment at just the right time, different tracks suit different riders, Rye have gone well down at Plymouth this year and vice versa , probably because of the similar size and set up of their tracks.I am hoping for a good Northern tour for the lads, if they all stay safe I have no doubt all their matches will be close affairs.I would imagine Gary and the lads would have torn your hand off for joint second at this stage of the season,also considering all the injuries we have had.

As i said earlier, i would have been happy with a point from this one as we never go well down at the tiny SBA so to come away with a draw is a good result in my opinion. Fair play to Jake Anderson for his win over Doyley! that could well have saved Plymouth from another defeat.

Jake Anderson beating Doyle must be the shock of the season, hope Gary had a good look at Jake when he came back to make certain it was him.

Just come back from a holiday in the South West and got to see both the Redcar and Somerset meetings. I love the racing at the SBA.

Redcar were very dominant from the gate and fully deserved their win and I was very surprised that the Devils got anything from the Somerset meeting being without Bech, although Somerset did look very weak at reserve.

Just one small complaint about the new stand on the back straight which provides excellent viewing - it was announced in the Redcar meeting that it's a stand for non-smokers but I counted four people standing near to us who were smoking.

Personally it didn't bother me too much but I had to prevent my wife from making a scene about it. Does anyone enforce the no smoking rule in that stand?

Jake Anderson beating Doyle must be the shock of the season, hope Gary had a good look at Jake when he came back to make certain it was him.

Fair play to him mind - the Rebels solely focused on blocking out Lemon on the first turn and Anderson just went round the outside of everybody.

Another good 2 points, an enjoyable evening and the best race I've ever seen at Plymouth to finish things off in heat 15 - good stuff.

Just come back from a holiday in the South West and got to see both the Redcar and Somerset meetings. I love the racing at the SBA.

Redcar were very dominant from the gate and fully deserved their win and I was very surprised that the Devils got anything from the Somerset meeting being without Bech, although Somerset did look very weak at reserve.

Just one small complaint about the new stand on the back straight which provides excellent viewing - it was announced in the Redcar meeting that it's a stand for non-smokers but I counted four people standing near to us who were smoking.

Personally it didn't bother me too much but I had to prevent my wife from making a scene about it. Does anyone enforce the no smoking rule in that stand?

The main back straight stand people can smoke. The new smaller stand that starts at the end of the back straight is non-smoking. We can only request that people do not smoke here. There are no smoking signs in this area and I will repeat this through out up coming meetings. Apologies to your wife. I will also request a steward to remind patrons about the non smoking area. Common sense to make things more comfortable for everyone.

• Like 1