British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh V Sheffield (pl) 8/8/13 @ 7.30pm

After a great scottish open last week we see the return of some league racing. this week the tigers are here not our poor friends from the west those other ones from over the border.

Mr Andrew Tully will be guesting for Simon Stead at number 1 and Robert Branford will guest at reserve for Damien Koppe which will make Sheffield stronger opponents than they would have looked

nford

Teams for Friday:

Edinbrugh Monarchs

1. Craig Cook
  2. Max Fricke
  3. Theo Pijper
  4. Joe Tabaka
  5. Claus Vissing
  6. Derek Sneddon
  7. Mitchell Davey

Sheffeild Tigers.

1. Andrew Tully
  2. Joe Haines
  3. Ricky Wells
  4. Andre Compton
  5. Adam Roynon
  6. Robert Branford
  7. Facundo Albin

Edited by Mr Blobby

Rider replacement for Joe Haines at 2. We can give rides to Ricky Wells, Andre and the reserves. No disrespect to Joe but me might get a couple more points on the board with r/r.

I will be happy with 40 points tonight.

I'll be AMAZED with 40 points tonight, but then I have a habit of getting things wrong on here lately. :drink:

I would expect the two guests (Tully & Branford) to score more than the than those they are replacing (Stead & Koppe), and r/r for Haines should also provide a better return. Also Wells performed well at the Scottish Open last Friday.

Recently, Monarchs have not been that impressive at home, so I would not be surprised if this turns out to be a close contest at sunny Armadale.

No-one at Armadale tonight could suggest that the horrific accident was in any way caused by silencers, track surface or whatever. Two riders lock together coming out of the start, a throttle can't be turned off and they actually accelerate, still conjoined, head-on into the fence. Could have happened in 1933, 1963, 1983 or last night.

I think such discussions are for another day mick, just now the main concern must be for the riders. It appears from Monarchs facebook that Robert has arm/shoulder/back pain, Claus sore head, both riders being checked over in hospital. Hopefully we'll hear better news tomorrow, thoughts and best wishes to both riders for now.

• Like 2