British Speedway Forum

Pl Play-offs

If the league match between Rye & Redcar has now been put back to 28th Sept, the cut off being the 16th, would that not suggest that the SCB have already made the decision to run the play off's as is with Redcar included? They are currently 6th with a better pts difference than Leicester so why allow a fixture that clearly impacts on the outcome of the final table to be run so long after the cut off if you haven't already decided that's what your going to do?

Seem to remember that last season these issues were around in the play offs and when the Comets couldn't get a date sorted for our match with E,boro we got thrown out so as not to disrupt any of the remaining fixtures, and we "had" qualified so there's form there!! ;)

Don't talk like an idiot, Leicester have had a meeting more than Redcar.

They will extend the cut off date as simple as that.

gooood laugh at this post. dont talk like an idiot.16th sept is the cut off date for league points counting towards the play offs. but not in the league table. perhaps if you lot didnt slag off your track and promoter , he may have got his finger out and PUSHSD to get all his fixtures in before 16 th sept. so looks like all those big mouths at leicester have had a taste of the promoters medicine.. what goes around, comes around..

hang on a min.. you have completed all your matches and are still behind redcar... ....LMAO..

Edited by jenga

gooood laugh at this post. dont talk like an idiot.16th sept is the cut off date for league points counting towards the play offs. but not in the league table. perhaps if you lot didnt slag off your track and promoter , he may have got his finger out and PUSHSD to get all his fixtures in before 16 th sept. so looks like all those big mouths at leicester have had a taste of the promoters medicine.. what goes around, comes around..

hang on a min.. you have completed all your matches and are still behind redcar... ....LMAO..

Leicester DID get all their fixtures in before the cut off. It's Redcar who have a match left after the match at Rye was postponed. If Redcar had been hammered at Rye then Leicester might have got 6th spot.

I still think things should be judged on equal amount of meetings, i said that if redcar did not get the meeting in before the deadline, then lions last result should not stand. I did not say every ones last result should not stand simply because it is only lions and redcar that are affected. yes i agree they had the chance to get more league points by having 1 more meeting than redcar, but the other argument is that by having that extra meeting they were and are at a disadvantage with regards the total riding points against them. Look to be honest we have not done enough over the season to be in the play off's. But things need to be equal or it will be open to abuse in future years, by teams not completing their fixtures.

I still think things should be judged on equal amount of meetings, i said that if redcar did not get the meeting in before the deadline, then lions last result should not stand. I did not say every ones last result should not stand simply because it is only lions and redcar that are affected. yes i agree they had the chance to get more league points by having 1 more meeting than redcar, but the other argument is that by having that extra meeting they were and are at a disadvantage with regards the total riding points against them. Look to be honest we have not done enough over the season to be in the play off's. But things need to be equal or it will be open to abuse in future years, by teams not completing their fixtures.

if they fast tracked Scunny to the final last year without running the Edinburgh v worky match then I wouldn't hold your breath for an extension.... I'm sure the Bspa will have a plan b... ? :)
  • Like 1

I will play devils advocate here re Leicester dropping a fixture to have an level playing field.

IF this was adopted as the way forward then surely the fixture to drop from Leicesters record would be away at Rye.

Still Redcar througgh then!

I will play devils advocate here re Leicester dropping a fixture to have an level playing field.

IF this was adopted as the way forward then surely the fixture to drop from Leicesters record would be away at Rye.

Still Redcar througgh then!

Yes i can understand your logic, but if lions had been clever they could poss of avoided going to newcastle, there for they would of been in 6th and not 7th place in the lge. not sure how they could of done it? but just think what could happen if it came to being this close in years to come? I am sure the abuse of the system would happen.

be it leicester or redcar who end up in the play offs both teams will only be making up the numbers anyway both teams are just not good enough to mount any sort of challenge so does it really matter? if redcar are in then a little consolation for leicester is they beat redcar home and away and didn't break a sweat doing it. thats shows how crap they are.

be it leicester or redcar who end up in the play offs both teams will only be making up the numbers anyway both teams are just not good enough to mount any sort of challenge so does it really matter? if redcar are in then a little consolation for leicester is they beat redcar home and away and didn't break a sweat doing it. thats shows how crap they are.

Redcar 6th Leicester 7th shows how crap they are! :wink:

• Like 1

Agree neither side are good enough to win it, could make a difference though in respect of good revenue for either club!! Fair play needs to be seen to be done!!

Id say an extension of the cut off is logical so long as its practical and timely. ie can it be run in say the next 3-5 days.

After that it would severely interfere with the planning of the play off dates.

If that timesale is not possible or indeed it is felt that any extension would cause planning problems then its bye bye Leicester however harsh that may be.

If the league match between Rye & Redcar has now been put back to 28th Sept, the cut off being the 16th, would that not suggest that the SCB have already made the decision to run the play off's as is with Redcar included? They are currently 6th with a better pts difference than Leicester so why allow a fixture that clearly impacts on the outcome of the final table to be run so long after the cut off if you haven't already decided that's what your going to do?

Seem to remember that last season these issues were around in the play offs and when the Comets couldn't get a date sorted for our match with E,boro we got thrown out so as not to disrupt any of the remaining fixtures, and we "had" qualified so there's form there!! ;)

Leicester DID get all their fixtures in before the cut off. It's Redcar who have a match left after the match at Rye was postponed. If Redcar had been hammered at Rye then Leicester might have got 6th spot.

Agree neither side are good enough to win it, could make a difference though in respect of good revenue for either club!! Fair play needs to be seen to be done!!

I hope that you will forgive me for laughing my backside off at these and other comments on here.

TOTALLY proves my Case that the 'Play Offs' are not FAIR - nor are they RIGHT, LOGICAL, MORAL or anything else.

WELL - as SO many people have said to me - "you knew the Rules at the start of the SEASON etc'..

Speedway has dug it's own grave with these bl**dy 'Play Offs' that you all seem to be SO fond of - LIVE WITH IT!!!! - I HAVE TO!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Like 1

I hope that you will forgive me for laughing my backside off at these and other comments on here.

TOTALLY proves my Case that the 'Play Offs' are not FAIR - nor are they RIGHT, LOGICAL, MORAL or anything else.

WELL - as SO many people have said to me - "you knew the Rules at the start of the SEASON etc'..

Speedway has dug it's own grave with these bl**dy 'Play Offs' that you all seem to be SO fond of - LIVE WITH IT!!!! - I HAVE TO!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, just to heighten your enjoyment White Knight, it was announced at the GB v AUS match tonight that we need to watch the various media formats on Mon/Tues as the two play off groups are to be selected, i.e. whom has picked who so that would suggest to me that the job is done, 16th it is and that will be that irrespective of outstanding matches?

Weather forecast is not brilliant over here for Monday's match with E,boro so another washout could also deprive these teams of vital points which could also impact on the final positions especially for the Monarchs!! :blink:

Absolutely agree with your comment, for what it's worth, top dog at season's end are Champions, much simpler!! ;)

Edited by Lord Lucan