British Speedway Forum

Pl Play-offs

I stand to be corrected, but I can't see where it says they have to fulfil all the fixtures (not in the regulations anyway) and, to be fair, that is impractical.

Along with a lot of BSPA directives (including minutes of the AGM), it probably isn't published.

As Leicester Lion says,though, you're clutching at straws here. I agree that all dates should be made public but there's absolutely no doubt that every club has been aware of the cut off point for months.

It says about the fixtures on the official site, click on prem lge table, then read the bottom where it says how the play off's work, that's where it says about 24 meetings. Also click on the prem lge play off table, that also states, The two groups are made up of the teams finishing 1st to 6th after the regular 2013 prem lge season. I am not clutching at any straws at all!! just asking for someone to show me the cut off date in print? If its all true and legal the all the best to all teams in the play off's, the fact that lions were not good enough is fine by me, { sort of, } lol.

I am at a loss to understand why a 'ruling' is needed.

At the cut off point, Redcar are in 6th place so they go into the play offs.

If Leicester appeal the appeal will need to be heard and 'ruled on' even if it's not upheld. It's not difficult is it!!!!

Another vagary of Speedway a team gets rewarded for not completing it's fixtures whilst in PO position. I can see this becoming another loophole in the rules to be exploited like so many others.

Edited by TMW

If Leicester appeal the appeal will need to be heard and 'ruled on' even if it's not upheld. It's not difficult is it!!!!

Another vagary of Speedway a team gets rewarded for not completing it's fixtures whilst in PO position. I can see this becoming another loophole in the rules to be exploited like so many others.

There is no basis for an appeal but ok lets have one.

.... thats sorted- Redcar in the play offs.

Didnt take too long did it.

• Like 1

am not a fan ov the play offs, in any sport,,, and 'Sir Ernst League' will be turning in his grave, at the thought ov the trusted old system, thats been going along nicely since about 1100 BC, is made a mokery ov by the people ov the future,,, fair enough, its about money and that, but give it a 'new' different name,,, and to get the younger generation a bit more interested, try having a more upto date entertainment system, and not play music that not even their grandparents remember,,, and maybe do away with some ov them wacky speedway coats, (the newer ones don't look too bad like) and maybe simplify the rules,,, just a thought ;-)

If they extend the cut off date then newcastle can still finish 2nd :)

I think you need to see a doctor Arson.

I beleive you may be suffering fron a rare but slowly spreading form of Lionitis! (wink)

• Like 2

This seems totally unfair to say Redcar are 6th at the cut of date so should take 6th spot.

Their match to be run is at Rye where a 24 point defeat or more puts leicester in the play offs . Redcar lost by 20 in the KOC 2 weeks ago when they were lucky it was only 20 (why wasn't this ran as the PL match with the cut off looming). So to say redcar won't lose by 24 is debateable.

If you go head to head Leicester took maximum 7 points off Redcar.

If you delete Leicester last match so they have rode equal matches as Redcar . Leicester make the play offs.

I await an announcment in next 24 hours

I must admit I have to agree with lionking , leics were Above redcar before losing at Newcastle so to drop below is strange and redcar to go through imo is wrong if the Newcastle v leics match was pp leics would be in 6th. Not too late for scb/bspa to change as has been proven with kl/pboro ruling this week