British Speedway Forum

Pl Play-offs

Would it help for the league champions to get a buy into the PO final then 2 - 7 go through a qualifying system for the other spot? That would also solve the Leicester / Redcar problem. I'm sure the top of the league clubs aren't looking forward to the PO's either as everything is won and lost on the toss of a coin really. How many top of the league teams have actually gone on to win the PO's anyway?

Would it help for the league champions to get a buy into the PO final then 2 - 7 go through a qualifying system for the other spot? That would also solve the Leicester / Redcar problem . I'm sure the top of the league clubs aren't looking forward to the PO's either as everything is won and lost on the toss of a coin really. How many top of the league teams have actually gone on to win the PO's anyway?

There isn't a Leicester/Redcar problem - on the date set by BSPA to determine qualifiers for the play offs, Redcar are in 6th place, by virtue of the criteria set by BSPA to determine teams level on league points. Granted the outstanding fixture is not ideal, but it isn't a problem!
  • Like 5

There isn't a Leicester/Redcar problem - on the date set by BSPA to determine qualifiers for the play offs, Redcar are in 6th place, by virtue of the criteria set by BSPA to determine teams level on league points. Granted the outstanding fixture is not ideal, but it isn't a problem!

Yep I have put money on a Bear thinking that.

Funny how it's only Bears coming out to defend it. You didn't actually get there fair and square though 1 meeting outstanding and 1 point awarded ummmmm!!!!!

Edited by TMW

Funny how it's only Bears coming out to defend it. You didn't actually get there fair and square though 1 meeting outstanding and 1 point awarded ummmmm!!!!!

As I said before Leicester seem to think Redcar wouldn't have qualified against Rye House, I think they would have easily qualified. It was Edinburgh fielded an illegal team and we still beat them, when the r/r points were taken off then we got the extra point. Rules is rules, we've been on the wrong end of rules plenty of times, one just has to live with it.

You probably will be cynical and not believe me, but I would say the same thing if you reversed the teams and Leicester had qualified. As I said it's not ideal, but it is what it is - totally fair & square - Edinburgh had points taken off them and Rye House called fixtures off so get over it and move on.

Nothing to defend, but those posters pointing this out aswell appear to include amongst others Newcastle and Edinburgh - or did you mean northern clubs not just Bears!!

You probably will be cynical and not believe me, but I would say the same thing if you reversed the teams and Leicester had qualified. As I said it's not ideal, but it is what it is - totally fair & square - Edinburgh had points taken off them and Rye House called fixtures off so get over it and move on.

I had actually moved on until other posters had continued :t:

I support Newcastle - I HATE the 'Play Offs' - but , by the Rules as they stand Redcar ARE 6th. No arguments can change that. Just as I have to live with the 'Play Offs' - you will have to accept that you are out of them.

Tough - but that is a FACT.

Of course:

NO STUPID PLAY OFFS - NO STUPID ARGUMENTS LIKE THIS!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Another playoff being champions issue with not all meetings being finished, although Bears should have got there anyway but its the principle for Lions. The negatives just outweigth the so called positives, and damage sports credibility even more. Also still think playoffs should be separate for the few positves it provides, although probably just mess it up like young shield, promotion/relagation attempt. They dont even know what to do with league cup as it changes all the time never mind how to handle playoffs.

I support Newcastle - I HATE the 'Play Offs' - but , by the Rules as they stand Redcar ARE 6th. No arguments can change that. Just as I have to live with the 'Play Offs' - you will have to accept that you are out of them.

Tough - but that is a FACT.

Of course:

NO STUPID PLAY OFFS - NO STUPID ARGUMENTS LIKE THIS!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There'll always be something else to shout about.

Well , I think all these arguments are going to be rather irrelevant .

Much as it pains me to say this I believe the team that finishes top will also win the playoffs and I think that team will be Somerset because of their overall strength in depth .

Kjkkkjjjpopioiıiiiiiıiıiıiiıiiiııiooiiiiiıiıiúyttýyyyyyytyyyyyyyyyytyuuturerrytttytytttyyttryr

Much as it pains me to say this I believe the team that finishes top will also win the playoffs and I think that team will be Somerset because of their overall strength in depth .

Kjkkkjjjpopioiıiiiiiıiıiıiiıiiiııiooiiiiiıiıiúyttýyyyyyytyyyyyyyyyytyuuturerrytttytytttyyttryr