British Speedway Forum

Eurosport Big Thumbs Up.

IMO pearson and tatum(I am not related honest)are perfectly fine. There enthusiastic and yes they get excited I can live with that if its on the box. Just ONE minor gripe thou please can you stop salivating over Darcy effing Ward he is a great rider but please he has an awful lot to learn and is a very immature child. I M O

• Like 1

Of course Darcy has a lot to learn but he has been very good on and off the track at GPs this year and is much, much better in front of camera. What makes so many drawl, including other riders, over Ward is his natural talent and his instinctive ability to do things on a speedway bike that are beyond just about all of his contemporaries. And he rarely takes his right peg off the footrest which pleases old school riders like Kelvin.

I'm told by people in the know (sorry, Andy) that he is phenomenal on a motorcross bike as well so we should be glad that he has kept on a speedway path.

• Like 1

They have added a new pairs competion that was interesting and helped revamp the Europeans by covering it which is to thier credit.

They have made good use of the helmet cam in thier Euro coverage but thier commentary team is poor.

But thier coverage of the GP is just what was always on offer with the added 'bonus' of a couple of thier own analysts with Scotty and his co host Day who is an imbicile.

They have done absolutely nothing in regards the coverage of GPs so can hardly be doing a cracking job there.

They have done a decent job of continuing the GP world feed coverage but SKY were better with regards what was put forward during the intervals..

Of course SKY are not there anymore and it is great that Eurosport stepped in.

Edited by pandorum
  • Like 1

Whatever anyone says about the Eurosport coverage and comparing it to Sky it must be remembered that Eurosport came to the rescue with covering the GPs at fairly short notice and took over. That we must be grateful for. I think their coverage is quite acceptable.

Easy to criticise but not very easy to find an alternative.

Edited by mike1944
  • Like 3

Whatever anyone says about the Eurosport coverage and comparing it to Sky it must be remembered that Eurosport came to the rescue with covering the GPs at fairly short notice and took over. That we must be grateful for. I think their coverage is quite acceptable.

Agree,thats why I said work in progress, at least we have the GP's on TV.

No Mike, they didn't come to the rescue at all. They bought a product that they felt suited their profile with a view to attracting more viewers and advertisers, and therefore generate more revenue than it costs, exactly as any business operates. Their was no element of riding in to save the day for which we should be eternally grateful.

Speedway must be about the only business model were the customers feel gratitude for being able to hand over their hard earned each week. Every other business operates totally opposite in that a business appreciates each and every customer and does its darnedest to keep them and add others, the gratitude is usually from business to customer, not the other way round

• Like 4

No Mike, they didn't come to the rescue at all. They bought a product that they felt suited their profile with a view to attracting more viewers and advertisers, and therefore generate more revenue than it costs, exactly as any business operates. Their was no element of riding in to save the day for which we should be eternally grateful.

Speedway must be about the only business model were the customers feel gratitude for being able to hand over their hard earned each week. Every other business operates totally opposite in that a business appreciates each and every customer and does its darnedest to keep them and add others, the gratitude is usually from business to customer, not the other way round

The dwindling number of speedway fans going through the turnstiles only exists out of concience, and many have been known to say this, because of a feeling that at least some form of speedway - no matter how poor - is better than none at all.

And, results of a little survey I carried out in my own mind.... about 100 per cent of promoters agree with them.

Edited by moxey63
  • Like 1

Prefer the Eurosport coverage without Mr Shouty, Only criticism I have is I think Scott is trying too hard to impress and needs to scale down his commentary, last night they were discussing various issues whilst the racing was in progress......only saying.

Edited by dornier

i dont know how you can say that the coverage on eurosport is better than on sky as it is exactly the same production company that are delivering exactly the same graphics, production, commentary team etc etc. The only difference is that eurosport are not under the same time constraints that sky were, so consequently gp's have far more flexibility and time to get the races run and re run!

I enjoyed last night's coverage. The two of them seemed a lot more relaxed, which suited both of them. Speedway, as its nature, revs itself up - you don't need the commentators doing that too. I felt that I was in Scott's front room watching the meeting with him. Keep it up lads and thanks to Eurosport for picking up the international speedway.

Best Regards

i dont know how you can say that the coverage on eurosport is better than on sky as it is exactly the same production company that are delivering exactly the same graphics, production, commentary team etc etc. The only difference is that eurosport are not under the same time constraints that sky were, so consequently gp's have far more flexibility and time to get the races run and re run!

You really don't have a clue how the SGP is packaged for TV do you?