British Speedway Forum

Berwick V Edinburgh 3rd Aug @ 7pm

Providing all the riders come through their respective meetings between now and saturday,the two teams will line up like this.Berwick welcome back Nick Barrett back from injury,while Edinburgh look to have a trump card with Derek Snedden at reserve.

Berwick

1 Ricky Ashworth

2 David Bellego

3 Robin Aspegren

4 Matthew Wethers

5 Kozza Smith

6 Nicki Barrett

7 Paul Starke

Edinburgh

1 Craig Cook

2 Max Fricke

3 Theo Pijper

4 Josef Tabaka

5 Claus Vissing

6 Derek Snedden

7 Mitchel Davey

Home win but with Monarchs grabbing an away point in this one for me...

I don't think we've got enough firepower to trouble Berwick at home and our Shielfield form is patchy to say the least - can always prove me wrong though!

Home win but with Monarchs grabbing an away point in this one for me...

I don't think we've got enough firepower to trouble Berwick at home and our Shielfield form is patchy to say the least - can always prove me wrong though!

Snedden at reserve could be a real trump card,he`s always scored reasonably well round Berwick while in the main body of the team,that scoring could prove to be a match winner if he`s giving extra rides.

Snedden at reserve could be a real trump card,he`s always scored reasonably well round Berwick while in the main body of the team,that scoring could prove to be a match winner if he`s giving extra rides.

Time will tell!!!

I'm up in the North this weekend so will be across at this meeting...

The main question is what will the temperature be at Shielfield? It's the only place I know where it can be 30deg 20miles away only for it to be 10deg at the track with a windchill factor of -10deg!

Time will tell!!!

The main question is what will the temperature be at Shielfield? It's the only place I know where it can be 30deg 20miles away only for it to be 10deg at the track with a windchill factor of -10deg!

You don't visit Armadale much then?.

You don't visit Armadale much then?.

Was a regular attendee between '97 and '06. Unfortunately then moved with work and only get up when I can... Have to say the Dale has it's own micro-climate too... However I've never even been as cold at Armadale as what I have been at Shielfield before... Chipping dogs off lamposts in July is the norm around there, isn't it? :wink:

Was a regular attendee between '97 and '06. Unfortunately then moved with work and only get up when I can... Have to say the Dale has it's own micro-climate too... However I've never even been as cold at Armadale as what I have been at Shielfield before... Chipping dogs off lamposts in July is the norm around there, isn't it? :wink:

still more than Dekker does then :)
  • Like 2

Time will tell!!!

Weathers pretty much set fair between now and saturday,chance of a light shower overnight tonight,but friday and better still saturday should be dry and bright with good amounts of warm sunshine.

Tonight's meeting totally over shadowed by last nights events. I always like Ricky. But it's hard but we look forward to tonight. Without sounding crass how are bandits covering Ricky? The best result from tonight for me would be a positive news from Ricky.

• Like 3

Tonight I am looking for 3 things Good Meeting, Good Result. but most importantly GOOD NEWS about Ricky

• Like 2

Tonight's meeting totally over shadowed by last nights events. I always like Ricky. But it's hard but we look forward to tonight. Without sounding crass how are bandits covering Ricky? The best result from tonight for me would be a positive news from Ricky.

Ive not seen any annoucement on guests to I take it Berwick will go with r/r with everyone being able to take a ride.Im sure the managements thoughts today will have been with our No1 so looking for guests would not have been upmost in their minds,also with quite a few other PL teams riding tonight it wouldve been a nightmare trying to get an adequate rider.

Im sure it will be difficult for all 13 riders to go out and race tonight as Im sure their thoughts will all be with their teamate,rival and friend Ricky Ashworth.But when the helmet goes on and the googles come down they do what they do best,and race.

At times like this, results of matches are unimportant, if you win, you win, and if you lose, you lose, it's not the end of the world. What is important as has been relayed above, is the well being of Ricky. Although last nights accident was a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, it's extremely worrying when we are seeing such a huge amount of experienced riders being injured this season. Is it an issue with the silencers that are creating such devastation, because the amount of what can now be classed as serious injuries seems to be far greater than I can remember in years gone by, and that's without the so called safer fences these days. Something must be creating this situation, and it's something that MUST be addressed sooner rather than later. Anyway, I'm sure I speak on behalf of all fellow King's Lynn supporters, when I send love and best wishes to Ricky and his family, not forgetting all you 'Bandits' riders, management and supporters.

• Like 5