British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Vs Berwick Thursday August 1st 7.30pm

It's a shame that Aspegren won't be here, especially as a lot of Berwick fans including myself will be travelling down! Ipswich should win this comfortably but hopefully at least racing will be good! Witches by 20.

Edited by bandits_4_life
  • Like 1

It's a shame that Aspegren won't be here, especially as a lot of Berwick fans including myself will be travelling down! Ipswich should win this comfortably but hopefully at least racing will be good! Witches by 20.

It is unfortunate, it seems the rules concerning Swedish riders' fixtures have changed this year. Newcastle are without Ludvig Lindgren at Sheffierld too.

To be fair to Robin Aspegren, apart from when he fell ill en route to Plymouth, I think this is the first match he's missed?

With three PL teams having Thursday as their normal race night, it's time for the BSPA to start playing hard ball. As from next season any rider who races for an Allsvenskan League club should not be allowed to sign for a PL promotion.

Unless of course speedway in this country took the decision to adopt a squad system, when situations such as tonight could be easily accommodated.

As it stands at the moment it's the British fan that ends up short changed.

• Like 2

It is unfortunate, it seems the rules concerning Swedish riders' fixtures have changed this year. Newcastle are without Ludvig Lindgren at Sheffierld too.

To be fair to Robin Aspegren, apart from when he fell ill en route to Plymouth, I think this is the first match he's missed?

A lot to be said for having a team (almost) full of Ozzies. ;) But don't even mention doubling up / re-arranged fixtures. :shock:

As its a new month, could we try a new riding order? I'm no expert, but would it be a good meeting to try the following - 1. Rocky 2. Risager 3. Heeps 4.Lanham 5. Tungate 6. Hawkins 7. Ellis..........Over and out!

Rocky!! Love it!!! I always thought he had the looks of squirrel type animal who befriended a Moose!

after barker gets a berwick rider banned ipswicth to win by 20 points :party:

Poor old innocent - wouldn't say boo to a goose Barker???? backed up by those two honorary monks Louis and Simmons? Nah, gotta be getting confused!! :rofl:

Rocky!! Love it!!! I always thought he had the looks of squirrel type animal who befriended a Moose!

Poor old innocent - wouldn't say boo to a goose Barker???? backed up by those two honorary monks Louis and Simmons? Nah, gotta be getting confused!! :rofl:

Oh for goodness sake, this is all wearing a bit thin now, this poor Cookie was wronged malarkey!!! And to bring Ben's looks as a way of maligning him is somewhat low isn't it??? \is that the best you can do???.....please DON'T answer that, as this is a thread for Ipswich v Berwick and quite frankly I haven't seen any tweets by Berwick riders shooting their mouth's off :unsure:

Pleased to hear that Berwick fans are coming for this, lovely weather here today, fingers crossed for a decent meeting tonight.

• Like 3

Oh for goodness sake, this is all wearing a bit thin now, this poor Cookie was wronged malarkey!!! And to bring Ben's looks as a way of maligning him is somewhat low isn't it???

Lol: My apologies... Was just wondering in my own mind which Rocky "Roland" was referring to...

Forgive my ignorance but whoever the Berwick guy was (promoter/manager?) that kept stealing the microphone last season; I kind of stangely hope he is there as he was comedy...

Adding to the already excellent Kevin Long I might add!

That`ll be Mr Dick Barrie,he is neither manager nor promoter,but he is the regular Berwick announcer.

That`ll be Mr Dick Barrie,he is neither manager nor promoter,but he is the regular Berwick announcer.

He is Presenter D McLeary and S Hayward do announcing?

Berwick by 12.

12 what? Decibels Or are you just being your sarcastic self

Thanks again Robin farewell to the point that we might of scraped out of this meeting!

Its hardly his fault! Newcastle in same boat with Lindgren tonight. If they dont do as told and ride in Sweden they will be banned for sure by the Swedish lot. 2012 was different I feel. GB clubs had preference unless fixs altered after season started. Did Berwick not hit that trouble at Sheffield with Alden.

He is Presenter D McLeary and S Hayward do announcing?

12 what? Decibels Or are you just being your sarcastic self

Its hardly his fault! Newcastle in same boat with Lindgren tonight. If they dont do as told and ride in Sweden they will be banned for sure by the Swedish lot. 2012 was different I feel. GB clubs had preference unless fixs altered after season started. Did Berwick not hit that trouble at Sheffield with Alden.

Why dont you stick to commentating on the team you actually watch. So bored of reading your pro Berwick drivel when you dont even go and see the meetings.

Must admit, one of the most boring meetings I've ever seen for racing.

Can't remember the last time I saw such a poor meeting. Oh yeah, I remember, last time I was here