British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Vs Berwick Thursday August 1st 7.30pm

Is it really August already :o Nights slowly pulling in, Autumn and the business end of the season just around the corner. Time definitely seems to go quicker as you get older!

A scorcher of a day forecast for Thursday though so hopefully another bumper crowd and kids go free with a paying Adult throughout the school holidays.

Witches by 10-15 for me.

Another meeting already - we haven't finished talking about the last one yet! The Witches should be comfortable in taking all 3 points from this one. Id say your 10-15 margin is spot on CS. :t:

What is classed as a bumper crowd these days? 1200? 1500? I was expecting last week's to be bigger than it was, although it was probably one of the biggest this season. All 3 point home win, witches by 10

I'd probably say that is a bumper crowd these days, barring the bank holiday meetings.

Personally if I was in charge I'd give every child in all the local schools a FREE season ticket every year.

Very few kids can get to foxhall or be allowed to go on their own so they have to bring a paying adult with them.

I'd love to know what difference it would make. I started going at a 13 year old and got hooked and still attending 28 years later.

• Like 1

That's the thing, I bet most of us started going when we were kids and still go now. Every club everywhere should be doing all they can to get the kids through the gates, and like Jason I would also give kids free entry every week, I would allow 2 free children with every paying adult, as kids would probably go more if they could take a friend. I often had a friend with me when I was younger, and they still also go too. I just don't think promotions, are forward thinking enough, they would rather not lose 100 pound a week now to make an extra 1500 in a few years time.

Berwick will be missing Robin Aspegren,who fancies riding in Sweden this Thursday instead of Ipswich for Berwick.Id love to say he`d be a huge miss but truth is he probably wont.

NL guest rather than a facility?

Berwick certainly have some riders who can win races but will they get the back up they need ? I believe this might be a little closer than some people think .

Admittedly having to use a Nat league guest won't help their cause but it should be a good night's racing .

Berwick certainly have some riders who can win races but will they get the back up they need ? I believe this might be a little closer than some people think .

Admittedly having to use a Nat league guest won't help their cause but it should be a good night's racing .

after barker gets a berwick rider banned ipswicth to win by 20 points :party: