British Speedway Forum

Italian Gp Saturday 3rd August

Awww what a race we were having until Niels did his Beach Boy thing (wipe-out)

Awww what a race we were having until Niels did his Beach Boy thing (wipe-out)

"Wipe Out" was the Surfaris mate not the Beach Boys- luv 'em as we do. :t: The things that really matter in life. :lol:

What a joke this sport as become

Too often, it seems the rules get made up as we go along.

Edited by brandonbee48

What a totally awful track and an utterly tedious meeting. I would question why BSI choose this place year after year, but then these are the same jokers who chose to give Chris Harris wild cards year after year, so they have a history of utterly baffling decisions.

Crap.

JT.

Edited by JT
  • Like 3

"Wipe Out" was the Surfaris mate not the Beach Boys- luv 'em as we do. :t: The things that really matter in life. :lol:

Too often, it seems the rules get made up as we go along.

Oh you know how it is to us Brits all blue-eyed sun-tanned blond beach Gods look the same.

On behalf of the rule book, the other riders avoided the rut. Presuming NKI went where the rut was because it was the shortest way from A to B but paid the consequences for the gamble?

EDIT Apparently it wasn't even a rut but a part of the track with a different texture, but same reasoning stands NKI went where the others avoided

Edited by manchesterpaul

I am a bit annoyed as I miss Krsko as I am in America for 3 weeks in September but manage to see this really dull excuse for a speedway meeting.

Hopefully we will never see this place again as a GP. :)

Iron Maiden touring the US now? :)

There is such a thing as high quality internet streams you know!

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 1

In all seriousness... where do they get these referees from?

Pulling back a perfectly good start from Pedersen, then failing to spot the tapes going up lopsided as they did.

I was looking forward to the GP to get away from the farcical officials in the EL.. but sadly no, even at this level its amateurish.

Edited to add.. maybe they will redeem themselves to an extent by re-running..

It's an English (or Scottish) referee isn't it? unsure

I am going to see them in San Bernadino on the 13th of next month :)

Oh Wow lol i said it as a throwaway line. Cool enjoy it. And don't forget to seek out a stream of the SGP.

• Like 1

The good news is folks, that next week ,in the European Championship Rd. 2 in Togliatti you will see a fantastic meeting in a fabulous stadium with a packed crowd. Honest!!!

http://www.megalada.com/

Contrast this crap, with the first round of European Championship. It's difficult enough to promote speedway to newcomers, without hosting World Championship meetings at tracks like this. I'm a speedway fanatic and I'm bored out of my mind.

JT.

• Like 1

can someone wake me when its over please cos Ive fallen asleep twice already during it and Ive got paint I need to watch drying...

• Like 1

This is rubbish of the highest level. I cant think of a positive. The only reason Im continuing to watch is for betting purposes.

With the sure sign of a dodgy track in riders scoring a mixture of wins and lasts, i dearly hope your betting is navigating the minefield.

With the sure sign of a dodgy track in riders scoring a mixture of wins and lasts, i dearly hope your betting is navigating the minefield.

Generally, rubbish tracks are good for betting on. It's more predictable, gate stats do it for you. When the gates are even or theres lots of passing it's a little more unpredictable. Heat betting tonight is doing ok.