British Speedway Forum

Berwick V Glasgow Tigers (27 July - Pl)

Just received the newsletter. States the promotion intend to announce exciting team news in the next 24 hours, just waiting on BSPA ratification. Would we need BSPA ratification if we were merely extending Andres contract, or does this mean another new rider?

dakota north maybe?

Our press releases make me giggle, are they actually real statements or merely fabricated to the high heavens..

We should want to thump everyone in the league.

When you grow up, you'll hopefully learn press releases from all sources (entertainment, commercial houses, sports clubs, government) are to give editors quotes, trail stories and catch interest.

They are not for earnest scrutiny by sad individuals with axes to grind.

Edited by Boobs
  • Like 2

Our press releases make me giggle, are they actually real statements or merely fabricated to the high heavens..

Is there anything the club does that DOES please you ? The press release obviously did work as it made you comment on it ! It was noticed and read, Job done !

• Like 1

When you grow up, you'll hopefully learn press releases from all sources (entertainment, commercial houses, sports clubs, government) are to give editors quotes, trail stories and catch interest.

They are not for earnest scrutiny by sad individuals with axes to grind.

Thats true,however I think they should also should portray our club in a professional manner,which is where I have my problem as many of the efforts we have to endure I find rather emmbarrassing.But its a recurring theme on these Berwick threads so Id say we should just agree to disagree.

Surely not, Wright has a good deal at Buxton, he's be daft to give up on it to struggle in PL racing. He's better to hang out for a non-Sunday gig.

Perhaps you could post the details of Wrights deal at Buxton so we can judge if its a good one or not. :D

Wright has been in fantastic form this season for Buxton,the rider himself must be high on confidence,so if Glasgow come calling he may feel hes ready to make the jump from NL to PL.

just on Glasgow facebook page that Compton signed until end of season ( not from official sources) surely an extension does not need to be ratified by BSPA? confusing Emails ... grrr

I think persisting with Andre until the end of the season will only benefit tigers next year. James and Joe going Andre is going to be a decent option on a 5/6 point average. This season is transitional and I think tigers need to put done blocks in place for next term.

• Like 1

Having been given one of the wildcard picks for the up and coming Under-21 meeting,Im sure Adam Ellis will be keen to get as many laps as possible on saturday.

Glad we got Ellis for Friday as well scored 18 pts in last two matches at the Dale seen him both times very promising young rider.

He might be a good lad though?

Going by reports he is in at Berwick.

Do you know him personally like?

You should go to another club and read their press releases (most clubs that is) they simply dont bother issuing them at all. Just be thankful your team put them out twice a week and stop griping, you and emali! or whatever his or her name is. Edited by Catch Me If You Can
  • Like 3

You should go to another club and read their press releases (most clubs that is) they simply dont bother issuing them at all. Just be thankful your team put them out twice a week and stop griping, you and emali! or whatever his or her name is.

Yes your right.I suppose something is better than nothing,but there are times when a simple read through would make things look a bit more professional.Heres part of todays press release.

The presence of two young riders (Dudel and Bech) who have already been in World Cup-winning teams highlights the quality of the field.

Dudel. :oops:

• Like 2

Yes your right.I suppose something is better than nothing,but there are times when a simple read through would make things look a bit more professional.Heres part of todays press release.

The presence of two young riders (Dudel and Bech) who have already been in World Cup-winning teams highlights the quality of the field.

Dudel. :oops:

Probably Dudek, good lad!

Going by reports he is in at Berwick.

Do you know him personally like?

No I dont do you?

You should go to another club and read their press releases (most clubs that is) they simply dont bother issuing them at all. Just be thankful your team put them out twice a week and stop griping, you and emali! or whatever his or her name is.