British Speedway Forum

Ipswich V Edinburgh 25/7/13

And by the sound of things it is alleged that Barker provoked the initial situation and if he hadn't done so Cook's part in 1 and 2 wouldn't have occurred.

'by the sound of things it is alleged'

Well come on then spill what it was that turned Cook into a crazed animal.

Im sure there were words but all accounts Ive heard dont indicate anything significant.

If the provocation was known then we could form an opinion as to whether the reaction was in anyway justified.

'by the sound of things it is alleged'

Well come on then spill what it was that turned Cook into a crazed animal.

Im sure there were words but all accounts Ive heard dont indicate anything significant.

If the provocation was known then we could form an opinion as to whether the reaction was in anyway justified.

For example?

.....Listen mate carry on living in your bubble with your tainted victory. As Derek Sneddon said, the monarchs were all for packing up the bikes. Barker should have been out too. To be honest, I'm bored of this topic and your deluded opinions are of an irrelevance to me to be honest mate...........

Sales of sour lemons must be going through the roof in Edinburgh!!

At the end of the day your team took one hell of a beating. Get over it and move on.

I asked first! Winking smiley!

I don't know, that's why I was asking. My post was based on what I'd read in the Speedway Star i.e. Cookie had indicated that he reacted to something Barker had said. But it sounds like you may have heard hence I was just enquiring.

Rubbish. It was entirely Cook's decision to react the way he did. Cook himself has recognised that, why can't you?

React to what?

Edited by SCOTLAND1314
  • Like 1

I don't know, that's why I was asking. My post was based on what I'd read in the Speedway Star i.e. Cookie had indicated that he reacted to something Barker had said. But it sounds like you may have heard hence I was just enquiring.

React to what?

Some general 'playground stuff' as far as I know.

WTF you up to sort of thing.

I have not heard of any specific profanity or personal abuse etc

If I was aware of some kind of Zidane 'Ive had you sister' type of language then I would say but that is not the case as far as I know.

(footnote - Zidane a poor example - he made the Workd Cup Final!!)

Listen I us fans here are probably never going to agree. But this poster has started to harass me by PM

Had Enough

Member Since 20 Jun 2013

OFFLINE Last Active Today, 09:40 AM

Add me as a friend Send me a message Find content

What can I do?

• Like 1

Pity he was unable to inspire his team to victory against the Bandits last night!!!

If the ref had pulled back a couple of flyers he would have done. Managed to pass kozza smith in ht15 after coming off graveyard gate 4. Only the 2nd pass all night, not too shabby.

Another point in the bag and 44 points for the monarchs, minimum away score for us this year when all riders finish the meeting :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If the ref had pulled back a couple of flyers he would have done. Managed to pass kozza smith in ht15 after coming off graveyard gate 4. Only the 2nd pass all night, not too shabby.

Another point in the bag and 44 points for the monarchs, minimum away score for us this year when all riders finish the meeting :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ah last week it was Ben Barker's fault, this week it's down to the ref.

Anyway I'm glad you're taking the positives out of yet another Monarchs' defeat.

• Like 1

Not the refs fault, that's speedway some you get some you don't. No need to worry about the monarchs we'll be fine. Unless you draw us in the play offs, then you can start to worry.

I won't be worried at all old boy.

If this does happen let's hope that Cook can behave himself in an adult professional, rather than a moronic imbecile.

If this does happen let's hope that Cook can behave himself in an adult professional, rather than a moronic imbecile.

Looks like the Spanish threat of action over Gibraltar is already having some effect given your more frequent recent fishing trips back home!

Some decent catches mind! Lol

I'm sure he will... Why should he descend a second time to Barker's level?

There were too many passengers on Saturday at Berwick to come away with 3pts... However with still the best away record in the league, it's over the course of a season where championships are won and getting top spot in the play-offs is what it's all about so we can choose who we want... However I think that accolade may go to Tyneside...

Still running I see.

Some Edinburgh and Workington fans are still defending Cook, which is par for the course. I've no connection with either rider, so have no bias whatsoever. The fact is Cook damaged property belonging to the Stadium owners. That's criminal damage. He's very lucky that he hasn't had another court appearance to add to the unfortunate incident that's been well documented elsewhere.

What went on between Cook and Barker has been going on at tracks for years. I once saw Chris Neath put one on Tom P Madsen in a Rye House v Berwick meeting and some scuffles between riders at other times.

Criminal damage is another matter though.

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 2

Still running I see.

Some Edinburgh and Workington fans are still defending Cook, which is par for the course. I've no connection with either rider, so have no bias whatsoever. The fact is Cook damaged property belonging to the Stadium owners. That's criminal damage. He's very lucky that he hasn't had another court appearance to add to the unfortunate incident that's been well documented elsewhere.

What went on between Cook and Barker has been going on at tracks for years. I once saw Chris Neath put one on Tom P Madsen in a Rye House v Berwick meeting and some scuffles between riders at other times.

Criminal damage is another matter though.

Cant remember many on here, then again it is over 30 pages.....yawn