British Speedway Forum

Ipswich V Edinburgh 25/7/13

if he wishes to go to the newspaper, infact they contacted him about the issue then that is up to him. So is it ok for craig to shout out all over twitter about his opinions regarding the matter of being dropped from the gb squad and how he feels towards other riders.

so what if craig has released a statement he was the one who made a fool out of him self in front of lots of young supporters and loyal fans from both teams. We hear and see first hand riders getting into arguments at meetings across the country about hard over takes or knocking people off it adds to the excitement a few words being exchanged and then the fans go home and its forgotten, but that behaviour last night over stepped the mark.

• Like 1

Whilst Cook has issued a statement on his own site, Barker has tweeted: @benbarker88: Everyone can hear my version of the events in The Sun newspaper tomorrow #TheSun

He really makes a pratt of himself. How does he feel he is going to help speedway by going to a seedy newspaper thats always full of lies and letting everybody know how violent our family sport can be?

And he wonders why hes so disliked

Not exactly my newspaper of choice, sadly The Guardian would be unlikely to cover it, but The Sun is Britain's biggest selling newspaper......so for a lot of folk they must be doing something right!!!!!

As P T Barnham once said: "'There's no such thing as bad publicity".

Edited by Brujas Espanolas
  • Like 1

Wrong.

Cook was officially removed from the meeting for ungentlemanly and violent conduct as was announced over the tannoy. So unless he assaulted the referee, it must've been for the altercation in the pits.

nope you are wrong!

both got fined for the fracas in the pits.

Cook got thrown out for ungentlemanly conduct and violent conduct in the meeting with the ref where he basically kicked and hit any inanimate object around destroying the place!

Violent conduct doesnt have to be towards a human being

Whilst Cook has issued a statement on his own site, Barker has tweeted: @benbarker88: Everyone can hear my version of the events in The Sun newspaper tomorrow #TheSun

He really makes a pratt of himself. How does he feel he is going to help speedway by going to a seedy newspaper thats always full of lies and letting everybody know how violent our family sport can be?

Spin this properly and it's a great story. The sport can't buy this kind of publicity. It's not like anyones been harmed (other than Barker getting a whack to the head but he crashes into fence for a living)

get the facts!

the sun approached Ben, the innocent party in this, so why shouldnt he speak? Cook has had his say issuing a totally ridiculous apology so why not Barker his?

face facts our sport needs a bit of publicity!! or would you rather see our sport hit the news for a bad injury or tradegy?

get the facts!

the sun approached Ben, the innocent party in this, so why shouldnt he speak? Cook has had his say issuing a totally ridiculous apology so why not Barker his?

face facts our sport needs a bit of publicity!! or would you rather see our sport hit the news for a bad injury or tradegy?

Ben Barker the innocent party :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 2

get the facts!

LOL.. some of you on here really make me laugh..'Gentle Innocent Ben' copped a fine for this too by the way motormouth ;) Barkers been pishing people off and involved in incidents throughout his whole career so he's hardly Snowwhite in all this now is he?! :rolleyes: In fact i'm surprised he hasnt been lamped more by his fellow riders to be honest but there ya go..Easy to condemn Cookie but he's said his peace and i for one respect him for it..now i wonder if Ben Barker's gonna get his baps out for the Daily Scum tomorrow..or maybe they have enough t1ts already? :D

• Like 1

LOL.. some of you on here really make me laugh..'Gentle Innocent Ben' copped a fine for this too by the way motormouth ;) Barkers been pishing people off and involved in incidents throughout his whole career so he's hardly Snowwhite in all this now is he?! :rolleyes: In fact i'm surprised he hasnt been lamped more by his fellow riders to be honest but there ya go..Easy to condemn Cookie but he's said his peace and i for one respect him for it..now i wonder if Ben Barker's gonna get his baps out for the Daily Scum tomorrow..or maybe they have enough t1ts already? :D

So because Barkers a bit of a twit (always found his approachable and friendly myself) the referee deserved a load of abuse and the heater deserved to be ripped off the wall?

Time to ditch the family sport tag and go for extreme motorbike sport ..monster energy..pics of tai's tattoo's..darcy's police chase while high as a kite..michael lee story..ben and cooks hatred of each other..lets be honest that all seems better than the minority sport watched by train spotters(not my words my inlaws). Its time for the bad boy tag every track needs a cook, barker or ward like character.

• Like 8

So because Barkers a bit of a twit (always found his approachable and friendly myself) the referee deserved a load of abuse and the heater deserved to be ripped off the wall?

Ok i apologise to the heater.. RIP :cry:

ps were you party to what was said or otherwise to the referee?

Time to ditch the family sport tag and go for extreme motorbike sport ..monster energy..pics of tai's tattoo's..darcy's police chase while high as a kite..michael lee story..ben and cooks hatred of each other..lets be honest that all seems better than the minority sport watched by train spotters(not my words my inlaws). Its time for the bad boy tag every track needs a cook, barker or ward like character.

Spot on!

Ok i apologise to the heater.. RIP :cry:

ps were you party to what was said or otherwise to the referee?

I wasn't there. But I am capable of reading that 1.Both were punished for the scuffle/winding up 2. Cook was kicked out of the meeting for the abuse of the referee and smashing up a heater. Cook may well have been totally incent (or justified) of what he was initially acused of (but I dont see anyone saying he didn't hit Barker) but that doesn't justify smashing up other people property. Barker is a naughty boy but so is Cook.

I dont know what was said Lioness but there were apparently zillions of people who were in there with them & the poor heater.. ;)

its a fact that in this sport over the years there has been loads of fallings out behind the scenes, riders hating one another and people move on forget about it and like i said in an earlier post it makes things more interesting for the fans to see some hard racing on the track between two rivals.

I think most fans are using ben as an example rather than actually realising what craig done over stepped the line.

Only one person who needs to say sorry and he has done that well an effort i suppose and that is Mr Cook

Looking forward to reading the Sun tomorrow morning ;):t:

Apparently a frank discussion with a referee is now verboten..what next?A ban on overtaking..bloody hell!I've seen countless riders visit the referees box for a 'wee chat' but not get thrown out of a meeting.. #Pathetic :mad:

On a plus point it is nice to see so many people chewin' the fat on BSF once more..t'is been a while.. :P

Edited by Young51

I've been saying for years that speedway should be going down the x games route. It is an extreme sport and should be sold as just that. The family image is as said like train spotters, with their big fat bellies, outlandish bright coats that look pretty daft, a sandwich pack up for the evening and a clip board, do you really think the young cool kids want to be associated with a sport like this. It should be reaching out to the bmx, skateboard, freestyle x fighters type of youngsters.

• Like 5