British Speedway Forum

They are making good progress on the Tampere track: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXQiRLSIIAAEdpI.jpg:large

Good to see they are getting a lot done before the Winter.

Would love to see a GP in Berlin. Might even give a meeting worth being excited for. The location of Fredrich-Jahn is superb. It's very near where the Berlin Wall stood, plenty of bars nearby and a massive public (if a little scruffy) park. Transport piece of cake too.

• Like 1

Are they really going to give a GP round AND the World Cup Final to Bydgoszcz?

Correction - Gorzow GP is 16.08, not 14.08

WHERE better than Torun especially as most of the major national stadiums (Cardiff, Copenhagen and Stockholm) have limited availability?

Not the point. Why should Poland always have the finale of the GP. Cardiff packs 40,000 people in, surely Cardiff, like other countries should be given the option of having the season finale, should they want it.

As has already been pointed out Cardiff is only available a certain times of the year,come the beginning of October you`ve got the football and rugby season up and running so thats a non-starter.The GP season has to end somewhere and Torun seems as good a place as any.

As has already been pointed out Cardiff is only available a certain times of the year,come the beginning of October you`ve got the football and rugby season up and running so thats a non-starter.The GP season has to end somewhere and Torun seems as good a place as any.

Oh FFS. Forget Cardiff. I asked the question why do Poland get the 'finale' every year.

I hope it is not automatically offered to Poland, and other nations are given the option to request it, should they want to, or have availability to host. Be that, Cardiff, Denmark, Sweden etc.

And Parken is used by FC Copenhague and Denmark national football team

And Friends Arena is used by AIK Solna and Sweden national football team.

Therefore if we are talking a roof, pretty much leaves Torun.

Regarding Friends Arena I don't think that there would be any problems with using it at a later date.

As has already been pointed out Cardiff is only available a certain times of the year,come the beginning of October you`ve got the football and rugby season up and running so that's a non-starter.

I'm not entirely sure that I believe the Millennium couldn't be used for speedway in September and October. There's only a couple of home international football fixtures in that period, approximately 6 weeks apart, and the Autumn rugby fixtures don't start until November.

By contrast, Parken hosts FC Copenhagen and the Friends Arena hosts AIK Stockholm, but I don't really see the Millennium being used for much else.