British Speedway Forum

Event 1: Czestochowa, Poland #Sunday # July 2013

Aussies as a team looked weak compared to Poland. Latvia put up a good fight and didnt finish that far behind Aus in the end.

With aussie squad consisting of North, Summers, Josh & Woodward, it will be interesting to see if any changes are made for race off as dont think any of these would score better than Watt to be honest.

Think Poland should keep Dudek instead of Gollob as His form hasnt been good and Dudek looked fast.

Edited by mdmc82

I too were not impressed with the track, it seemed the fastest bike always won. When someone like Darcy Ward misses the gate and can't make it up then there must be something wrong. Darcy is probably the most skilful of riders yet he was always struggling coming from the back and if he cant do then what chance has people like Watt and Doyle got. ?? Probably this is what people like too see, but I enjoyed the EESG match last Friday far more when you required SKILL and SPEED to succeed.

I too were not impressed with the track, it seemed the fastest bike always won. When someone like Darcy Ward misses the gate and can't make it up then there must be something wrong. Darcy is probably the most skilful of riders yet he was always struggling coming from the back and if he cant do then what chance has people like Watt and Doyle got. ?? Probably this is what people like too see, but I enjoyed the EESG match last Friday far more when you required SKILL and SPEED to succeed.

Agree to an extent but there were riders who managed to come from last to either 2nd or 1st (KK, Hampel, Doyle) so could be done.

Whilst Ward is skillful hes also beatable. I watched him at Brandon get over taken by super move by Nicholls who came from 3rd to 1st and Ward had no response no matter how much he tried.

I enjoyed the meeting, just a shame that we didn't see a full strength Russian squad.

The Latvians acquited themselves well, hope they do themselves justice at the Marketa.

Edited by salty

On a busy Summers Day like today I was out on my bike, I never planned to watch live, but came back and sat down on the sofa with my recovery drinks with the recording and watched as if it was live.

I did similar, I was busy outside so I watched recorded meeting at 8 pm, I just avoided seeing any result from any sources which was not difficult, I even saw the news before on BBC and was 100% positive they of all people would not give out any result to spoil my viewing:-)

How do you work this out Steve?

They will be up against Latvia and very likely 2 of GB, Sweden or USA.

You're saying they are too weak to compete with those??

Actually when you look at just who will likely be in the race off they probably stand out as favourites!

Just goes to show that this prestigious event is fast becoming a bit of a joke.

The race off could be interesting for all the wrong reasons, which of the under strength teams will win on the day.

You never know , GB just might start out as favourites on Thursday!

• Like 1

Fair play to the Latvians, think they made everyone sit up and take notice. However if Russia had been at `full` strength then Latvia would probably have come last.

There is no 'probably' about it but credit where it is due they gave a good account of themselves as did the Russian substitute team.

Makes you wonder what benefit SWC gets from Monster who were supposed to be going to bring some great presentation to SWC which was self evidently lacking when you look at the size of the crowd in Poland.

A bunch of not that great looking women holding a board with a number on and some free energy drinks aside not a lot :)

Dakota North's in for Davey Watt according to polish sources.

Huge gamble throwing Dak in but he has the ability to pull it off.

no he doesnt. gating tart useless from the back and the people in the race off will pass him for fun.

Actually when you look at just who will likely be in the race off they probably stand out as favourites!

Just goes to show that this prestigious event is fast becoming a bit of a joke.

The race off could be interesting for all the wrong reasons, which of the under strength teams will win on the day.

You never know , GB just might start out as favourites on Thursday!

Why a joke?

Injuries are part of the sport and that's what have weakened Sweden, Australia etc. The Russian situation is different, although they often flatter to deceive anyway (Emil aside).

Why a joke?

Injuries are part of the sport and that's what have weakened Sweden, Australia etc. The Russian situation is different, although they often flatter to deceive anyway (Emil aside).

Of course injuries are, the Russian thing i agree is separate but needs addressing quickly. I agree with others that had Russia as one of the favourites because as a top 3 they are as good as any on offer.

Thursday however will lack any real drama (unless the racing is top notch) because non of the teams progressing has any chance of winning - unlike in other years.

The winners of the race off will be battling for 3rd IMO.