British Speedway Forum

Event 1: Czestochowa, Poland #Sunday # July 2013

Whatcha mean "zero effect"!!!!You always over -react like a kid who has had a bag of sweets taken from him.Maybe that is why people do it? :P If in fact the post have anything at all to do with you.Blimey......

On second thoughts more like a kid in the supermarket who's mum won't buy him what he wants :rofl:

Edited by iris123

JUST spoken to Tony Olsson in Czestochowa. Rain has stopped but too late to save meeting today. Should be all right tomorrow. If not, as stated Australia will go to final, Russia and Poland to r/o.

No actually decision from Eurosport as yet but seems unlikely they will be able to show whole meeting live but will download whole meeting away.

JUST spoken to Tony Olsson in Czestochowa. Rain has stopped but too late to save meeting today. Should be all right tomorrow. If not, as stated Australia will go to final, Russia and Poland to r/o.

No actually decision from Eurosport as yet but seems unlikely they will be able to show whole meeting live but will download whole meeting away.

There would be no chance of it shown on Eurosport 1 as they've got the Tour De France and then Women's European Championship football.

Going on a tv mag if their listings are still correct, i don't see why it couldn't be fitted on to Eurosport 2 unless they are worried about the speedway over-running. They are supposed to prefer live sports.

Original schedule for that channel at speedway start time:

14:00-15:30 Moto GP highlights.

15:30-16:00 Speedway World Cup highlights

16:00:1900 LIVE Volleyball action from the 2013 Universiade in Kazan, Russia.

With respect to Volleyball fans and whatever the tournament is (obviously University sport) surely speedway possibly running a little into it isn't too much to ask? The earlier section is only a highlights programme and time that was already allotted to speedway. The speedway realy should be broadcast live in view of the above.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Looks like eurosport will show full meeting now at 3.30. Volleyball moved :-)

Now this is interesting.

All those who worship at the 'Eurosport is better than SKY' altar should remember that SKY once waited for 4 hours or more for a waterlogged Polish track to be deemed fit that same evening filling in with discussion from it's knowledgable panel and old speedway clips.

Also several times SKY has rescheduled for live coverage of rained off meetings in SWC the next day.

Eurosport would rather show 'volleyball'......... a sport I for one don't even know what it actually is other than it obviously has a 'ball' :)

Of course 2 hours late is better than not at all but it shows perfectly why SKY was much better than the amateurishly run speedway show Eurosport peddle.

• Like 1

There would be no chance of it shown on Eurosport 1 as they've got the Tour De France and then Women's European Championship football.

Going on a tv mag if their listings are still correct, i don't see why it couldn't be fitted on to Eurosport 2 unless they are worried about the speedway over-running. They are supposed to prefer live sports.

Original schedule for that channel at speedway start time:

14:00-15:30 Moto GP highlights.

15:30-16:00 Speedway World Cup highlights

16:00:1900 LIVE Volleyball action from the 2013 Universiade in Kazan, Russia.

With respect to Volleyball fans and whatever the tournament is (obviously University sport) surely speedway possibly running a little into it isn't too much to ask? The earlier section is only a highlights programme and time that was already allotted to speedway. The speedway realy should be broadcast live in view of the above.

Now this is interesting.

All those who worship at the 'Eurosport is better than SKY' altar should remember that SKY once waited for 4 hours or more for a waterlogged Polish track to be deemed fit that same evening filling in with discussion from it's knowledgable panel and old speedway clips.

Also several times SKY has rescheduled for live coverage of rained off meetings in SWC the next day.

Eurosport would rather show 'volleyball'......... a sport I for one don't even know what it actually is other than it obviously has a 'ball' :)

Of course 2 hours late is better than not at all but it shows perfectly why SKY was much better than the amateurishly run speedway show Eurosport peddle.

Looking at the Sky Guide to confirm the tv magazine listings it's Moto GP highlights which follow on instantly from the LIVE Moto GP coverage that is pushing back the speedway to not being live. Unless, of course the speedway has since been put back to a 3:30pm UK start time??? However, i've just checked again and, as i mentioned when i reported that the meeting was off, it's still down as 2pm UK start time.

Eurosport, according to the Sky Guide ARE pushing back their live coverage of the Volleyball. It's now only receiving one hour broadcast time instead of the original three hours.

Clearly Eurosport are scared to upset Moto GP fans and so leave their schedule intact, live coverage and immediate highlights to follow!. The latter overlapping what would be live sport - speedway - on our screens.

I agree totally delayed coverage is better than none at all, especially as it looked like we were not to get any on the eve of the season.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Now this is interesting.

Nothing to do with volleyball coverage that is on after the speedway at 6 pm. The speedway immediately

follows many hours of the live Moto GP on Eurosport 2 and the other Eurosport 1 channel has live Tour de France cycling all afternoon. I believe Eurosport have fitted this coverage in well on Sunday. I shall record it anyway and watch it later in the evening so the time it is on matters not.

Edited by mike1944

At 2pm Eurosport 2 are not showings Highlights of motoGP-it is their full coverage of the race for 90 mins hence speedway only available from 3.30 pm

BBC have live coverage of the motoGP`s but eurosport do major on it as well.

Confirmed on Eurosport planner. If you have set your sky plus box to record series it might not pick up the revised time. Good idea to check if you are not around to watch it live.

It does not matter whether it is volleyball, underwater Quoits or nude darts. Eurosport coverage of speedway is in no way, shape or form better than SKY :)

Given that Sky do not now show SGP or SWC in any shape or form, I would suggest that Eurosport's coverage is very much superior.

Edited by Shale Shaker
  • Like 5