British Speedway Forum

Ipswich V Rye House (premier League) 20th June

So not content with taking the places of our up and coming Brits the Aussies are now looking to replace our weather forecasts too!! In most cases of course there would be a higher assessed average temperature. ;)

I'd swop the Aussie Ipswich forecast for our own, wouldn't you?

I might go along to this, weather permitting. It will give me chance to pop in to see the new John Lewis beforehand as there are a few household items I need. That is Lewis, not Louis BTW. You know - never knowingly undersold!

I'll wait until about 5pm before setting off from North London. Even with traffic I should be there by 7.15

Edited by Shadders

I'd swop the Aussie Ipswich forecast for our own, wouldn't you?

no contest - which is also looking more and more likely for this match too.

no contest - which is also looking more and more likely for this match too.

I'd already given up my Thursday afternoon overtime too... Bugger!!!

I'd already given up my Thursday afternoon overtime too... Bugger!!!

you never know your luck - I have seen a forecast that says the front will blow over by about 3. It depends if that is accurate and just how much damage has been done by then.

Just checked about 4 different weather forecasts and they all pretty much predict varying amounts of rain at varying times for tomorrow .

Im going to try and believe the best one that says a couple of showers during the day .

Well that's my optimistic side anyway !

• Like 1

weather looking dodgy tomorrow to say the least - will give it till about 5.15 before making up my mind whether to go or not - on current form & rye house riders distinct lack of track time - quite expect Ipswich to beat us by at least 12/14 points :-(

You think that's bad, I booked my train ticket from London on the back of the Australian Ipswich forecast on here yesterday.

Buyer beware, I suppose.

Oooops!! :oops:

BBC weather has light rain from around noon to 4ish, so a marked improvement on yesterday's prediction. Still touch and go though.

BBC weather has light rain from around noon to 4ish, so a marked improvement on yesterday's prediction. Still touch and go though.

Just seen the forecast on BBC breakfast too. Looked a few dark blue patches in that band of rain over Anglia but as you say, looks to be clearing north of us around 3-4pm.

One thing in our favour though, its going to be warm and humid again today so that should help dry things up fairly quickly I'd have thought.

Would have thought also that Bob Ellis would have needed to throw quite a lot of water down throughout today which he'll now surely not do so I'm hopeful.

Edited by CardinalSin

Its certainly looking more favourable than at anytime in the last few days. Famous last words? I hope not!

Lets hope that window of good weather turns up as expected.

Just for RocketBen1 - Witches to win by at least 20!

• Like 1

Met Office radar prediction for rain shows a heavy shower around lunchtime. in fairness this site has been fairly accurate recently, so things (touch wood) are looking better than earlier in the week.

Did Phil Morris actually come out with it and call Ben Barker.....mental on the TV last night? Mental or not that boy, although he's never going to be World Champion is box office. If he continues to impress as he has done over the last couple of weeks, might even find himself in my all time Witches 1-7, and that's some achievement as I've not changed it for years.

But will Ben actually win a heat 1 at home ?

Recently, when I've been to Foxhall , the outside gates have been rubbish. He'll be off 3 or 4 against Grajczonek and Bunyan. If it was Olly Allen inside him on the gates I'd favour Allen, but tonight?

The unpredictability of the weather today simply gives some on here another chance to take a swipe at the promotion. But on a day like today, who would be a promoter?

So here is your chance. As its nearing 11am, you've studied the forecasts, whilst it's fair at the moment things could change this afternoon. One way or another.

What are you going to do? Bear in mind, however, that what ever you decide there will be a host of people on here, queuing up to tell you that the wrong decision was made (and that it never happened in the 70's and 80's)

Cue: " it's not my job to make that decision"

• Like 1

The unpredictability of the weather today simply gives some on here another chance to take a swipe at the promotion. But on a day like today, who would be a promoter?

So here is your chance. As its nearing 11am, you've studied the forecasts, whilst it's fair at the moment things could change this afternoon. One way or another.

What are you going to do? Bear in mind, however, that what ever you decide there will be a host of people on here, queuing up to tell you that the wrong decision was made (and that it never happened in the 70's and 80's)

Cue: " it's not my job to make that decision"

Such cynicism !

• Like 1