British Speedway Forum

£10 Sport?

But the point you have ignored is that they have allowed costs to spiral. There's an obvious case for different levels of the sport in terms of equipment, e.g. the GPs and "Elite" League are Formula 1, while the lower grade of riders compete on lower specs of equipment.

British Speedway missed that boat a long time ago though.

Minimal sponsorhip coupled with minimal media coverage makes it a dying sport - one of the few that has failed miserably to capitalise on Sky coverage.

British Promoters missed the boat when the first SKY deal was agreed. What was expected to be a windfall that would make the sport, and especially the EL teams viable, instead the EL promoters acceded to the new higher rates demanded by the top riders and as a result never realised any benefit from the new money.

• Like 4

Dirt deflectors.... Waste of time

New silencers ..... Same

Heat shield for the new silencers ... Ditto

If you only have two bikes that's nearly £1,000 there.

Don't get me even started on allowing titanium !!!

What were they thinking ? This is supposed to be a simple sport

Dirt deflectors.... Waste of time

New silencers ..... Same

Heat shield for the new silencers ... Ditto

If you only have two bikes that's nearly £1,000 there.

Don't get me even started on allowing titanium !!!

What were they thinking ? This is supposed to be a simple sport

Agreed but. Many times they are made mandatory by the FIM so how can you avoid the cost. I used to laugh at the waste of space and cost of the environment mats, and especially the oil drip into the earth reason for having them. However, with the state of a lot of pits, the mats actually give you a cleaner and level area to work on during a meeting, which you will already know.

Agreed but. Many times they are made mandatory by the FIM so how can you avoid the cost. I used to laugh at the waste of space and cost of the environment mats, and especially the oil drip into the earth reason for having them. However, with the state of a lot of pits, the mats actually give you a cleaner and level area to work on during a meeting, which you will already know.

why did the british speedway make it mandatory to use wheel spoilers but the FIM didnt.? the diference between the price of a mitas tyre and a british league mitas tyre is about £25 .allowing for transport £5 per tyre and £5 to suplier where does the £15 per tyre go (they are the same tyre) .remember when british speedway introduced the yellow fuel and it went up to £9 a gallon yet you could still get fuel for £2.50 a gallon but they wouldnt let you use it. british speedway is like politics. you can call me cynical if you like but it stinks Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

..... and then the track runs a stock car meeting and the bangers leave half their engine fluids all over the pits!!! :blink:

need a big 'freakin' mat for that!!! :D

speedway bikes need new quieter silencers for four bikes for 15 mins to ensure the sport continues in residential areas, yet the week before on the same track 80 v8 cars thundered round for six hours!!!

shows just what a load of bollox these rules are...

• Like 3

why did the british speedway make it mandatory to use wheel spoilers but the FIM didnt.? the diference between the price of a mitas tyre and a british league mitas tyre is about £25 .allowing for transport £5 per tyre and £5 to suplier where does the £15 per tyre go (they are the same tyre) .remember when british speedway introduced the yellow fuel and it went up to £9 a gallon yet you could still get fuel for £2.50 a gallon but they wouldnt let you use it. british speedway is like politics. you can call me cynical if you like but it stinks

whenever a rule is introduced regarding the bikes it should be put before a panal of riders .and costs to all parties are fully explained and how it will make the sport better then if it seen as a good idea it gets past .

Wheel spoilers - riders safety

Tyres - no idea

Fuel - to catch cheats

Riders panel - So they can keep noise and lose tracks. no thanks

Dean Machine cynical ? - tell me he isn't so :party:

Wheel spoilers - riders safety

Tyres - no idea

Fuel - to catch cheats

Riders panel - So they can keep noise and lose tracks. no thanks

Dean Machine cynical ? - tell me he isn't so :party:

wheel spoiler safety thats fine but why didnt the FIM introduce it till now. -one rule for one

fuel. not why it was introduced but why was it ?£9- someone was having a cut

.the noise silencers make is no different to a non speedway person than the old silencers. i hear the reason the uni at bham had an issue with the noise was an alternative motive . they wanted the land that the track is on.

speedway is full of great fabulous people and that includes the bspa and promotors but there is also some rouges who are doing the sport no favours at all and they have a big say.

i and others got took for money by one person who was a top figure in speedway and despite this i wouldnt be suprised if they were let back to run the sport

• Like 1

wheel spoiler safety thats fine but why didnt the FIM introduce it till now. -one rule for one

fuel. not why it was introduced but why was it ?£9- someone was having a cut

.the noise silencers make is no different to a non speedway person than the old silencers. i hear the reason the uni at bham had an issue with the noise was an alternative motive . they wanted the land that the track is on.

speedway is full of great fabulous people and that includes the bspa and promotors but there is also some rouges who are doing the sport no favours at all and they have a big say.

i and others got took for money by one person who was a top figure in speedway and despite this i wouldnt be suprised if they were let back to run the sport

Or "well done the BSPA for showing foresight in legislating for my safety & that of my fellow riders - and shame on those who failed to show similar consideration".

Or "well done the BSPA for showing foresight in legislating for my safety & that of my fellow riders - and shame on those who failed to show similar consideration".

and they allow silencers that make the bike more eratic to handle(read kelvin tatum piece in the star) and when the rider falls they get burnt by the thing . yea thats great foresight

and they allow silencers that make the bike more eratic to handle(read kelvin tatum piece in the star) and when the rider falls they get burnt by the thing . yea thats great foresight

Thanks for that. I was totally unaware that the previous silencers and the down pipes were super cool and did not burn you.

I think also that you find a lot of folks have been taken for a ride by riders, but we won't mention that eh.

Thanks for that. I was totally unaware that the previous silencers and the down pipes were super cool and did not burn you.

I think also that you find a lot of folks have been taken for a ride by riders, but we won't mention that eh.

the old silencers got very warm but they didnt get so hot they they turn the thing brown/blue the old silencer was half the heat of the new one and that is fact . who exactly has been taken for a ride by the riders . my points are from 1st hand experience as a rider and a mechanic . so lets hear your ideas to save money then? cause it seems mine are crap Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

the old silencers got very warm but they didnt get so hot they they turn the thing brown/blue the old silencer was half the heat of the new one and that is fact . who exactly has been taken for a ride by the riders . my points are from 1st hand experience as a rider and a mechanic . so lets hear your ideas to save money then? cause it seems mine are crap

So the burns to riders reported over the years have just been 'warming'. A & E personnel, as well as riders, might disagree of course.

Think spare parts vans, sponsors and Promotions

It's your statement.

Edited by Tsunami

So the burns to riders reported over the years have just been 'warming'. A & E personnel, as well as riders, might disagree of course.

Think spare parts vans, sponsors and Promotions

It's your statement.

sorry miss understood the last bit .i thought you meant people were taken for a ride by riders about silencers.

yes some riders have taken some for a ride . mine wasnt a payment or anthing like that . it was a con