British Speedway Forum

Somerset Cases Rebels V Edinburgh 11/06

In my opinion Posslewhite got the heat 15 call right as Tabaka was certainly not in front of Josh as he thought he was when he collided with him. Heat 11, well what did Josh do wrong other than race? Sneddon rolled the dice took a dive and won. That call was the turning point for me. You win some you lose some so Well Done to the Monarchs on getting the win.

Great meeting as always from the Oak Tree Arena which looked superb again but people who only see the PL on TV must think the home team never wins!

On the replays on Sky, Grajczonek's dirt deflector clearly brushes into Sneddon's front wheel, instead of holding his line, so ref called it correctly :approve:

Agree with ht 15 decision also as Grajczonek & Tabaka both went for same part of the track exiting bend 2, and Josh got there first and the onus was on Jozsef to back off.

Great match, great comeback from Monarchs, great prospect in Max Fricke, and great overtake by Cook on Doyle in ht 15 re-run, to secure three match points for the Mighty Monarchs :t:

Cracking meeting, well done Edinburgh, who took advantage of a couple of Rebels riders not being at there best for one reason or another. I notice on here there are a couple of comments about Tom Perry, and there are a couple reasons which both might explain his apparent lack of progress, the first from what i hear is the he has a different Spanner man to last season,and for me he doesnt have the speed or set up right, secondly he is down on confidence, and third he still needs to improve that gating, if he doesnt then for me poor gating allied to indifferent equipment, means for me Tom has reached his level, yes against 1 heat leader in the NL he can make the passes, but against 3 other equal or better riders in the PL, then Tom cant make the passes in every race, that he makes in the NL, just look at Toms record when he is in Ht 15 NL, and that proves my point. To summarise good racer, great guy, has he reached his level ? in my opinion Yes.

Cracking meeting, well done Edinburgh, who took advantage of a couple of Rebels riders not being at there best for one reason or another. I notice on here there are a couple of comments about Tom Perry, and there are a couple reasons which both might explain his apparent lack of progress, the first from what i hear is the he has a different Spanner man to last season,and for me he doesnt have the speed or set up right, secondly he is down on confidence, and third he still needs to improve that gating, if he doesnt then for me poor gating allied to indifferent equipment, means for me Tom has reached his level, yes against 1 heat leader in the NL he can make the passes, but against 3 other equal or better riders in the PL, then Tom cant make the passes in every race, that he makes in the NL, just look at Toms record when he is in Ht 15 NL, and that proves my point. To summarise good racer, great guy, has he reached his level ? in my opinion Yes.

Perry has had a few different mechanics this year. Not sure if that's his issue. From the start of the season, he just seemed to lack speed. I don't know who does his engines, but do wonder whether a new engine tuner could help him.

Did mention to a Dudley fan earlier in the season that I felt he would struggle to move onto the next step until he's a more consistent gater. If you don't gate, don't have speed, and lacking in confidence aswell, points will be hard to come by.

Great meeting though. Really impressed with Edinburgh. They look a really strong outfit, and will be hard to beat over 2 legs when we come down to the nitty gritty.

It reminded me a bit of the Plymouth (LC) meeting. Somerset struggled to adapt to a slicker surface as the meeting went on, and on that night only a super Grajczonek ride in heat 15 sealed the win. Edinburgh, though, were a different kettle of fish. Cook excellent again. Very few riders pass Doyle round OTA.

Amazing result by the mighty monarchs!!!! :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Cookie best rider in the premier league different class in heat 15.

Deek, Claus and Theo solid.

Tabaka quality tonight was in the thick of the action all night with some great passes.

Special mention again to young Max Fricke take a bow son you were brilliant tonight, such a old head on young shoulders. One of the best prospects since rory schlein that i seen at Edinburgh. He is going to go a long way in the sport

Onto the incidents in my opinion the ref got the the first one right josh clipped deek's front wheel with his dirt reflector which put him off balance and caused him to fall. The second one could of went either way josh looked to move out and tabaka looked to go down the inside and they just collided but with Tabaka slightly behind i can see why the ref Excluded wee Joe.

Great advert for PL racing far better than the rubbish that has been served up i the EL this year anyway.

On Official Edinburgh website:-

John Campbell said "They were all heroes but none more so than Theo Pijper who was riding with two broken ribs after his Longtrack crash at the weekend."

I was expecting Theo to be nominated for heat 15, given his emphatic win in heat 11, but now fully appreciate why he was spared further exertion.

These guys are really a different breed when it comes to breaking the pain barrier.

Perry has had a few different mechanics this year. Not sure if that's his issue. From the start of the season, he just seemed to lack speed. I don't know who does his engines, but do wonder whether a new engine tuner could help him.

Did mention to a Dudley fan earlier in the season that I felt he would struggle to move onto the next step until he's a more consistent gater. If you don't gate, don't have speed, and lacking in confidence aswell, points will be hard to come by.

Great meeting though. Really impressed with Edinburgh. They look a really strong outfit, and will be hard to beat over 2 legs when we come down to the nitty gritty.

It reminded me a bit of the Plymouth (LC) meeting. Somerset struggled to adapt to a slicker surface as the meeting went on, and on that night only a super Grajczonek ride in heat 15 sealed the win. Edinburgh, though, were a different kettle of fish. Cook excellent again. Very few riders pass Doyle round OTA.

I believe that Tom needs to sort his mind out, maybe he should follow James Wright and have a spell away from speedway, refocus and then try again

Put Somerset in the EL and meetings at the OTA would be just as good. It's the track responsible for the racing rather than the league.

used to attend sheffield in the early nineties, even though a bv fan, as the racing was fantastic..

in the main we used to think it was due to the great track shape..

one week they held an individual meeting with many EL world class riders.....

Hans Neilsen I seem to remember went thru the card with a fifteen max and the racing was garbage with most races being won by thirty metres or so..

the track was the same, it was the calibre of rider that meant races were processional

on any track, get 14 riders of similar ability and you have more chance of close racing..

throw in a great race track and you have everything you need for a proper nights entertainment...

Put Somerset in the EL and meetings at the OTA would be just as good. It's the track responsible for the racing rather than the league.

Said it before and will say it again : it is the track that makes the quality of the meeting, not the standard of rider on it.

Great meeting, great racing :) Can't all SKY matches take place there ................ so that's the answer to british speedway, change your track to make it like Somerset!! ha

I think its more about the effort that promotions put in. I'd say Somerset is a good racing track, but Berwick isn't.

Because the Berwick promotion pulled out all the stops, we saw it at its very best and there's no reason why others can't do the same.

There was hardly any dirt the track was slick .

Givemn the fact that everyone has said how good it was, does that matter ?

Sky do love a bit of Somerset, how many times is that now? Come on give some of the others a chance.

I can't disagree but the best reward you can give a track for putting on a good show is to let them have another Sky meeting. Drop those who can't be bothered and give those who can more air time.

Mildenhall v Isle of Wight next time, please.

You need to get your ears and eyes tested ...Did you not hear what the riders were saying about the track ? no doubt you know better than them ?

Were you watching the same meeting? the entertainment level was decent anough for me,back now to the dying EL guests R/R and double uppers missing!!

It;'s not moaning. It's just pointing out some dont know their arse from their elbow. It was slick. It certainly wasn't grippy and didn't have laods of dirt. But it was still a good meeting, proving that people dont have a clue when they say you need grip and dirt for a good meeting. You need a decent, smooth and consistent track with various lines.

It's some sort of myth you need grip for good racing, invariably grip = rubbish racing as the riders dont have the confidence due to not know what they or the other riders are going to be doing in two second time as the grip throws them around.

Spot on ..it's amazing even when pro riders who ride the track every week tell people the track is slick you still get expects on here telling them there wrong, unreal .. Always been a myth that you need lots of dirt on a track to make good racing

What an excellant nights speedway entertainment. All credit to Somerset adn Edinburgh. One thing I find amazing is. After a nights racing like we witnessed that people would want to come on here and talk about stuff like this rider rolling etc. What do some people want ? Call yourself speedway fans, seems like even after seeing a great meeting that had the lot, that a few would like to pick out any negatives they could find.

Come on guys, get a grip.

• Like 1

On the replays on Sky, Grajczonek's dirt deflector clearly brushes into Sneddon's front wheel, instead of holding his line, so ref called it correctly :approve:

Agree with ht 15 decision also as Grajczonek & Tabaka both went for same part of the track exiting bend 2, and Josh got there first and the onus was on Jozsef to back off.

Great match, great comeback from Monarchs, great prospect in Max Fricke, and great overtake by Cook on Doyle in ht 15 re-run, to secure three match points for the Mighty Monarchs :t:

Tabaka hit Nielsen much harder in heat 14 but Nielsen stayed on. Maybe he should have slid off and tried to get a fellow racer excluded.

I stand by my opinion that Sneddon gambled and won this time.

• Like 1