British Speedway Forum

The track was built to the same time frame and to the same specifications at previous years. But on Thursday there were signs that parts of the track, and specifically the third and fourth bend which receive no direct sunlight even when the roof is open, were getting soft as moisture rose to the surface. That was the major problem area and on Thursday night that part was bug up and relayed. But on Friday it was still a problem and after a curtailed practice, when each rider had the opportunity to ride and see for himself, it was decided to mount a major overnight operation to rectify the problem areas ... not the whole track.

Yep, that i can understand, its the same on any track. In the summer at poole the sun goes down and casts a shadow quicker over the 3rd -4th bends and back straight...

Edited by Starman2006

You really are talking nonsense.

The track will be ready for tapes up im pretty sure so dont know why your making a fuss

The poole track has been a joke all season your own fans have even admitted it, its taken them over three months to get it right.

Their not allowed access to the millenium stadium till about a week before maybe less so these things can happen infact they do a damn good joh every year in laying the track in such short time and removing it super fast.

Theyve made a mistake somewhere along the line and their now dealing with it... Theres probably been no official announcement because they are certain the track will be fine come 5pm. Any announcement will put people off - most fans going will look at the gp website and see no announcment so will probably not even know there had been problems till they turn up and here the stories.

Get over it for god sake

Some panic merchants need to remember the phrase "it'll be all right on the night"!

On a different note, the Eurosport coverage has already completely totally eclipsed Sky's attempts.

At last the Cardiff GP is televised properly! Hope the racing lives up to expectation.

hearing that atmosphere coming through the tv now and GUTTED we didn't go! DAMN!

• Like 2

LET'S try and clear this up once and for all. The material is stored in an environmentally controlled facility which is supposed to ensure the moisture content is around seven per cent. It was transported to the stadium in between showers and using information supplied by the Met office. It did not get wet during transportation or while it was being laid on the track.

Excellent clarification.

......i hope praise will be given to those involved if the meeting is saved and we get actual racing and not riders plodding around the track scared to make a move.

Hopefully now its sorted and instead of negativity we can look forward to a good meeting.

Thank you to all those who spent the night and today working hard to get the meeting on. X

Indeed i'll second the thanks for their efforts. Obviously it remains to be seen if we do get some quality racing, but certainly appreciate the work put in.

Not sure i approve of the dracula/monster cloaks that the riders are unveiling themselves from, i think even most little kiddies will find that a bit naff to say the least . No surprise Kelvin and Nigel loving it though lol. Anyway enough on that as hopefully we are about too see some good speedway.

Track seems to be good at the moment first few races pretty decent nice to see big crowd on UK soil again

Wasn't sure if it was just wishful thinking by me, but yeah it does look larger than last year.

• Like 1

A great race again in heat 10 this is so good for the sport, especially when we were fearing an absolute disaster after yesterday's drama.

Hi all from a blistering US. Not having much luck with a stream today, all very "laggy" but at least I have one, semi working. Great ride by Bomber and Emil looks as though he is now sorted out.

Tough decision, but I think the ref has it right, though others will disagree quite rightly. Shame it couldn't be all 4 back.

Hi all from a blistering US. Not having much luck with a stream today, all very "laggy" but at least I have one, semi working. Great ride by Bomber and Emil looks as though he is now sorted out.

Tough decision, but I think the ref has it right, though others will disagree quite rightly. Shame it couldn't be all 4 back.

Welcome back Alan.

I watching on live pause about 3 minutes behind at the moment (triyng to cook me dinner!). I'm not sure why Vaculik laid it down so quick as i think he could have avoided running into anyone. Hope Tai is ok as he really clipped Nicki and was thrown awkwardly.

Aside from Lindgren moving in hard, Tai should be safe as Vaculik had already gone down before Tai clipped Nicki. Nooooo i'm at the point where they say an ambulance is coming for Tai.

What a crying shame he's proper injured. Normally now i'd go all in for one of my other favourites Emil but....don't want him building up a massive series lead over Tai. Then again is Tai going to have his series win hopes dashed now...in which case Emil is one of the ones i'd like to see win the championship.

I don't think the exclusion created any controversy other than in the eyes of Freddie lol.

Looks like we don't need too many more heats to take place with ruts appearing now.

Very quiet night on the board :lol: . I'll go out on a limb. Hancock from Holder, :approve:

Paul, when we left from Manchester on Wednesday, it was bone dry :lol: Is it always like that? :t: Alan

I like the Eurosport guy with Scott. Excellent coverage.