British Speedway Forum

I think it's the magical pyramid shape that is the key to it.

Yes, someone at BSI was astute enough to work out that rainwater would flow down the sides.

Next year they may work out that they must give the tarp a little 'shake' when they take it off so they don't spill the water back on the dry material.

You have to remember that this is high Tech stuff that a Danish University has helped Ole work out.

I know I'm not properlyqualified but can I propose the use of a Shed?

Next year they may work out that they must give the tarp a little 'shake' when they take it off so they don't spill the water back on the dry material.

;)

In all seriousness though, it seems hard to believe that sufficient water could have accumulated on sloped tarpaulins to waterlog many tonnes of shale when they were removed (I guess 40 lorry loads could be nearly 1000 tonnes). Sounds like the water could have been seeping in over a longer period, which would suggest the pile wasn't as well monitored as suggested. :blink:

• Like 1

;)

In all seriousness though, it seems hard to believe that sufficient water could have accumulated on sloped tarpaulins to waterlog many tonnes of shale when they were removed (I guess 40 lorry loads could be nearly 1000 tonnes). Sounds like the water could have been seeping in over a longer period, which would suggest the pile wasn't as well monitored as suggested. :blink:

pictures and readings are sent to bsi monthly :)..... Maybe they were photographing the Wrong pyramid with sand and sun in the picture.... It's just not pharaoh :)

It really is brilliant to get fo get given the FACTS particularly in the absence of any irony.

But honestly, Mr Rising when you had previously earnestly stated that the material was kept in 'a climate controlled facility', even you didn't think that meant 'outside under a Tarp', dd you?

Surely you thought it was a bit more than that.

No one could use such a misleading euphemism knowingly, with a straight face.

Dont worry sold it now for face value 45 quid, they do have for 30 if you want a crap seat.

All the seats are crap, its held in Cardiff

;)

3500 tons actually.

3500 tons actually.

Must be more than 40 truckloads then. Maximum truck weight is, what?, 44 tons of which the tare would be something like 14 tons leaving a payload of around 30 tons. So 40 trucks (or truck loads) would be 1200 tons and that's being generous as the tippers they'll likely use would probably be more like 30-tonners... :blink:

Regardless though, it would take a lot of standing water to soak that amount of shale. :o

Yes, someone at BSI was astute enough to work out that rainwater would flow down the sides.

You have to remember that this is high Tech stuff that a Danish University has helped Ole work out.

Either that or they copied the pyramid idea off Johnny Vegas and his tea drinking monkey.

As we've already gone from a "computer-monitored climate-controlled storage facility" to a "tarp covered pyramid", I'm going to be really disappointed if the pyramid actually turns out to be just a mound of shale covered in tarpaulin and old tyres at the side of the docks.

Either that or they copied the pyramid idea off Johnny Vegas and his tea drinking monkey.

As we've already gone from a "computer-monitored climate-controlled storage facility" to a "tarp covered pyramid", I'm going to be really disappointed if the pyramid actually turns out to be just a mound of shale covered in tarpaulin and old tyres at the side of the docks.

I was imagining it was stored in an annex of the British library with all the rare books or something.This sounds like it was stored at Steptoe & Sons knackers yard.Or would it be Mallet & Son of Newport? :rofl:

I was imagining it was stored in an annex of the British library with all the rare books or something.This sounds like it was stored at Steptoe & Sons knackers yard.Or would it be Mallet & Son of Newport? :rofl:

It wouldn`t have been wet if it was stored with Mallett and Son... :lol::P

• Like 3

I think we must all steal ourselves for just such a disappointment.

Thankfully I had a really good weekend in Cardiff.

When I booked my hotel room I really did get 'air conditioning' not just a rusty window that could be prised open if it got too hot; and thankfully the swimming pool really was indoors and heated.

Not a dirty puddle in the car park.

When I booked a meal for after the Speedway on Saturday I ordered Steak and Chips and thankfully that is what I got.

Not a dog turd on a plate.

But when I paid £45 for my ticket to the Speedway I should have been able to expect that the promoters had taken the same care and attention with the fare they were preparing. To offer 'climate controlled facility' as the term to describe 'pile of shale under Tarps outside' is not really good enough.

Thank god BSI were only in control of that small part of my weekend away.

Albeit the principal reason we were there.

Edited by Grand Central

What a set of bull££itters those tkt office people are ! I wanted to purchase 4 tkts between bends three and four but they said they had sold the last of those in the morning, the only available ones for sale were on the upper tier back straight, they said the venue was nearly sold out !!

Brilliant i thought, packed out to roar woffy home, then to my amazement upon entering the venue thousands of empty seats !

Certainly wont be buying on the day again !

What a set of bull££itters those tkt office people are ! I wanted to purchase 4 tkts between bends three and four but they said they had sold the last of those in the morning, the only available ones for sale were on the upper tier back straight, they said the venue was nearly sold out !!

As I understand it Ticketline (presumably whose office you were in when trying to purchase these tickets) were only provided with certain blocks/rows. I rang them to try purchasing as ticket as near to the start as possible- yet the best they could offer me were either corner or backstraight. Finally managed to source tickets in U9, courtesy of a BSF member, and there were hundreds of free seats behind us. Not quite sure who was actually selling these!