British Speedway Forum

Very quiet night on the board :lol: . I'll go out on a limb. Hancock from Holder, :approve:

Paul, when we left from Manchester on Wednesday, it was bone dry :lol: Is it always like that? :t: Alan

I like the Eurosport guy with Scott. Excellent coverage.

Of course it's always like that! (please God i had my fingers crossed when i said that so the fib don't count, don't send me to hell).

I went over to the updates site tonight as there's a little confusion over us chatting during/on the GP as it happens. The last GP 'live' comments were suddenly removed and a link to the updates board given :(

Tai just tweeted to confirm his broken clavicle, what a shame. Track is a disgrace, so much for Ole Olsen's confidence that he could repair it. I suspect that, as usual, no-one will be held accountable, just much hand wringing and pointing out that us men on the street just don't understand what is involved in getting the track race-able.

Edited by JC!

Nice to see Sophie back and Scott is a revelation. No ums and ahs and and big big thank you for the explanation about bike adjustments for the uninitiated. And he's not short of something to say. What a relief.

PS shame about Tai. He was looking good.

• Like 9

Such a shame neither Darcy or Tai are getting a full series, what a battle we'd have for the title.

Mind you i'd certainly love Emil to win the lot.

Edited by manchesterpaul

I think Emil's more concerned with trying to score with the Monster girl at the end than his gate pick. He probably doesn't even want the yellow gate but took it twice now lol.

nicholls a 'natural' at this pundit lark...

10 out of 10...

far more intense work than on sky as just dual 'talking heads' tonight with no other guests....

and sophie shows a few others how to interview speedway riders properly in the pits.....

eurosport should keep them and use this way of working at every gp...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3

What a farce of a GP!

Great crowd, great stadium, great atmosphere - Mickey Mouse track!.

It's only the last few races it's behaved badly, there have been many worse GP's. I've really enjoyed it and there has been some good racing and before riders hitting ruts caused the overtaking.

Got to say that riders are so brave going full throttle when as with Freddie just now....Ouch! out of the blue you are jettisoned off the bike.

Edited by manchesterpaul

well done the organisers for providing a dreadful and dangerous track........

very, very lucky freddie then..

and nki....

a disgrace to be honest to let these lads risk their neck on such a 'p' poor surface

• Like 3

WELL DONE EMIL! he brushed off the attempt to barge him off his bike lol. NKI had a close shave earlier on in the race.

Bear in mind we were fearing no GP yesterday or a 'farce'. This was NOT a farce, granted it broke up towards the end, but an entertaining GP for many reasons, i loved it and am off out for the night in a really good mood.

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 1

Have to agree the track was very poor and dangerous. Well done to all the riders for their efforts tonight

Tai just tweeted to confirm his broken clavicle, what a shame. Track is a disgrace, so much for Ole Olsen's confidence that he could repair it. I suspect that, as usual, no-one will be held accountable, just much hand wringing and pointing out that us men on the street just don't understand what is involved in getting the track race-able.

It is easy to blame the track a disgrace, but sadly when you have these non-speedway venues, we are always going to get the odd year where the track is like this.

Nicholls has been very good value just as Chris Louis is.

Shame what should have been a great meeting has been ruined by a disgraceful track which has been quite frankly dangerous and resulted in 2 injuries and could have been a lot more.

The racing was only exciting because riders were all over the place. Kasprzak was very unlucky in the final but glad Emil won as he is a class act on and off the track.

As for Tai...just hope this injury doesn't set him back too much. Real shame.

Damn shame about Woofy.

Track a bit rough but what a recovery from Emil in the final.

A well deserved victor and hopefully can go on and win the whole bloody thing.

Hopefully Woffy will be back soon and get a rostrum place as the lad deserves it.

Also an honourable mention to Chris Harris for the race of the night.

Just when I was wittering on about how he had whined his way into another GP he goes and to quote Scotty 'shuts us idiots up'.

Pity he could not have gotten a SF but he did probably deserve his spot in the end.

Now all I want is Russia to win the SGP. :)

Looked a good crowd and that opening introduction sequence was pretty damn good.

At last speedway getting the hang of giving the sport a sense of style.

Edited by pandorum
  • Like 1

The FIM have just announced that BSI will no longer be running the GP series in 2014. The contract has been awarded to Camelot. Explaining the decision FIM chairman Alberto Bertorelli said 'What a mistakea to makea. We are confident that Camelot will deliver, they are very experienced at running a lottery'.

• Like 2